Official Prudential Center, season ticket and surrounding area thread

Status
Not open for further replies.

severian

Aug 19, 2007
Westfield
To be honest, it really depends on what you like, plan to do with it, and what you get out of it. For me, this was our first year as a STH. My wife and I have been going to Devils games since we were dating and used Stubhub and the Devils Fan Mail codes to go to anywhere from 4 to 10 games a year, albeit it in the upper 100 level. Since our 4 year old has gotten into hockey, we debated and decided to go with the lowest cost flex membership because we knew we couldn't swing a full-season plan upstairs for 3 seats due to time and trying to re-sell games we knew we couldn't go to. It was just too big of a commitment for us.

We are very happy with doing it, as we picked 12 games in various areas of the lower bowl (mostly aroudn the Little Devils area for obvious reasons) because he has a great time sitting there and it makes for a great family outing for us. We also didn't pick any of the marquee games so we could maximize the amount we went to plsu we just didn't feel comfortable bringing him to a Rangers or Flyers game. We get to enjoy the STH perks, which so far has made it more than worthwhile, especially for the little guy. Throw in the free tickets we got for the app, the ability to redeem our points for free games anywhere we like, and the ability to turn one of our games from a family night into a date night, makes it a winner for us. We also get offers to purchase tickets for games at lower cost than others (case in point everyone else got the 30% off deal for Black Friday we got the 30% off our STH price, which is anywhere from 18% to 27% below face depending on opponent).

It basically depends on what will make you happy and what you can afford. For us it works out with the Flex deal. The only thing I would change would be to not go with the 12-month plan. Next season if we renew, I am probably going to put it on a credit card with low interest and pay it off that way in like 4 months.

Just my 2 cents...either way if you go with it, enjoy it...it's fun if you let it be!

I've taken my 3 year old to 4 games this season. I don't worry about being near the Little Devils area because he is genuinely a lunatic and watches the game with this intense gaze the entire time. It's hysterical. I went to his preschool parent-teacher conference today and the teacher told me that my son always talks about his friend Taylor Hall. I've created a monster.

severian

Aug 19, 2007
Westfield

Sections 8 and 19 that have club access. Seats in the first 2 rows of the arena on the glass also have club access as well as seats in sections 7, 9, 18 and 20 but only if the season ticket holder opts in at the club price.

Someone feel free to correct me if I am wrong.

Satans Hockey

Nov 17, 2010
Being a season ticket holder for as many years as I have I easily could have saved a ton of money by using just stubhub but I absolutely love the seats that I have now and will probably have them for the rest of the arenas/my life unless they raised them to a a ridiculous amount of money.

That being said the older I get the more cranky / less caring I've actually become about actually going to games. Since HDTV was created my actual desire to go games has definitely lessened. I use to travel to a ton of road games and now I've been to literally 1 road game since 2012 that I can even think of(Jagrs 700th goal game at the Nassau cause there was a chance it could have been Martys last game if they traded him) other then that since HDTV I've only been going to road playoff games which... Lol in the recent years

I'm also in the boat of parking for free and not spending any money at the arena food or drink wise. I think the quality of the food stinks for how much it costs.

Satans Hockey

Nov 17, 2010
Tonight is the perfect example of why not to be a season ticket holder, ****** rain causes idiots to forget how to drive and then you have pay face value for tickets when a good portion of the building got in for free. Lovely.

Last edited:

Brick City

Ignore me!
May 21, 2012
New Jersey
Does 21 north still have construction as you leave Newark after games?

Well, not sure I would call it construction, but it seems to be perpetually 2 lanes in each direction now. Occasionally some work seems to occur, but the gas tax did not get the site going again as quickly as I hoped.

In some Newark related news, another building on the arena side of Market Street (a couple doors up from Mercato) is being gutted and rehabbed. Like Rock Plaza Lofts, the upper floors will be residential with retail on the ground floor (which is already occupied, not sure if it will remain). NJPAC's 22 story residential tower is also finally, for real, fully financed and under construction.

At the Hahnes project off Military Park, the Whole Foods is slated to open in Winter 2017 - I initially thought that meant way next year, but judging from progress on the inside, it might mean in a few months. EDIT: apparently the Ledger put out an article in the last day, definitely this winter:

http://www.nj.com/essex/index.ssf/2016/12/whole_foods_opening_its_doors_in_newark_this_winte.html

Also, celebrity chef Marcus Samuelsson will be opening up something in the building:

http://www.nj.com/essex/index.ssf/2016/11/celeb_chef_to_open_new_restaurant_in_newarks_hahne.html

Last edited:

devilsblood

Mar 10, 2010
I've taken my 3 year old to 4 games this season. I don't worry about being near the Little Devils area because he is genuinely a lunatic and watches the game with this intense gaze the entire time. It's hysterical. I went to his preschool parent-teacher conference today and the teacher told me that my son always talks about his friend Taylor Hall. I've created a monster.

Is he playing yet?

devilsblood

Mar 10, 2010
Well, not sure I would call it construction, but it seems to be perpetually 2 lanes in each direction now. Occasionally some work seems to occur, but the gas tax did not get the site going again as quickly as I hoped.

In some Newark related news, another building on the arena side of Market Street (a couple doors up from Mercato) is being gutted and rehabbed. Like Rock Plaza Lofts, the upper floors will be residential with retail on the ground floor (which is already occupied, not sure if it will remain). NJPAC's 22 story residential tower is also finally, for real, fully financed and under construction.

At the Hahnes project off Military Park, the Whole Foods is slated to open in Winter 2017 - I initially thought that meant way next year, but judging from progress on the inside, it might mean in a few months. EDIT: apparently the Ledger put out an article in the last day, definitely this winter:

http://www.nj.com/essex/index.ssf/2016/12/whole_foods_opening_its_doors_in_newark_this_winte.html

Also, celebrity chef Marcus Samuelsson will be opening up something in the building:

http://www.nj.com/essex/index.ssf/2016/11/celeb_chef_to_open_new_restaurant_in_newarks_hahne.html
Man, knowing gov't I didn't expect to see any results from that gas tax for at least 6 months.

Edit: The exterior of that Whole Foods is darn nice. Figure that will be a key piece of the puzzle. What's with the building next to it? What condition were those 2 a couple years back?

Brick City

Ignore me!
May 21, 2012
New Jersey
Man, knowing gov't I didn't expect to see any results from that gas tax for at least 6 months.

This is true. In fairness, they also can't just snap their fingers and expect all the general contractors and subcontractors to just drop what they've been doing in the meanwhile and return to the mothballed projects.

devilsblood

Mar 10, 2010
This is true. In fairness, they also can't just snap their fingers and expect all the general contractors and subcontractors to just drop what they've been doing in the meanwhile and return to the mothballed projects.

Ya, part of my post was a jab at gov't, part of it is reality for anyone. Gas tax has been in place for about a month? Has the gov't even gotten their (grimy little) hands on it yet? Let alone account for it, then distribute it.

Flushing Roots

Jan 18, 2014
Tonight is the perfect example of why not to be a season ticket holder, ****** rain causes idiots to forget how to drive and then you have pay face value for tickets when a good portion of the building got in for free. Lovely.
That portion of the building that got in for free were STHs.
I took advantage of that Devils Insider Friends and Family giveaway. Sat in Section 4 Row 4 for free courtesy of the Devils.
My partner who had this game was up in my seats in 120.
It worked for me.
Between these occasional free bees and cashing in my Rewards Points, I will be going to at least a half dozen games for free this season.

Flushing Roots

Jan 18, 2014
I'm also in the boat of parking for free and not spending any money at the arena food or drink wise.
Good call here. You are saving hundreds per season. Helps to make STs affordable. I never had a problem parking on the street or getting better and reasonably priced food and drinks outside the arena.

theking72

Confucius Ackbar
Sponsor
Mar 22, 2007
NJ
Thinking about a flex plan and wondering what the pricing is like. Do you still get hit up with all those ridiculous Ticketmaster fees when you buy tickets?

Patrik26

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Mar 12, 2016
Sussex, NJ
Thinking about a flex plan and wondering what the pricing is like. Do you still get hit up with all those ridiculous Ticketmaster fees when you buy tickets?

I had a flex plan last season and became a STH this season. There weren't any TM fees with flex. You deal with a Devils rep to choose the games and seats you want. You do get a break on price vs single game but it's nowhere near the break STH get.

All told, we were able to buy about 14 games with flex and then with freebies added for food drive, rewards points, etc we were able to go to 20 games. Plus, we were able to attend a number of fan events at no additional cost like An Evening With Marty.

If you're looking for the perks but don't want the commitment of STH, flex is a good option. If the perks don't interest you, you're probably better off buying thru StubHub or SeatGeek. JMO.

Devils Dominion

Now we Plummet
Feb 16, 2007
NJ
Toy Drive tonight vs STL

Donate 2 new/unwrapped toys tonight and receive a voucher for 2 tickets to an upcoming game.

njdevil26

I hate avocados
Dec 13, 2006
Clark, NJ
Donate 2 new/unwrapped toys tonight and receive a voucher for 2 tickets to an upcoming game.

So the games that they give you for the vouchers are:

Thurs Dec 22 vs Philly

Mon Jan 2 vs Boston

Mon Jan 9 vs Florida

There's practically nothing available for those games. Not everyone who got vouchers is going to be able to redeem them. There's nothing available in the lower level for the Philly or Boston games. The Florida game has a bunch of sets of three seats in the lower level which you can't get since you can't leave one seat stranded. I knew this was too good to be true. I'm going to end up with section 209 for a game... and the other voucher the fiance got will be 122 or something.

Colin226

NJ Devils STH
Jan 14, 2011
Central NJ
So the games that they give you for the vouchers are:

Thurs Dec 22 vs Philly

Mon Jan 2 vs Boston

Mon Jan 9 vs Florida

There's practically nothing available for those games. Not everyone who got vouchers is going to be able to redeem them. There's nothing available in the lower level for the Philly or Boston games. The Florida game has a bunch of sets of three seats in the lower level which you can't get since you can't leave one seat stranded. I knew this was too good to be true. I'm going to end up with section 209 for a game... and the other voucher the fiance got will be 122 or something.

But think of the children you provided toys to!

Devils Dominion

Now we Plummet
Feb 16, 2007
NJ
you should be able to print out the tickets you bought on Stubhub

this morning, I bought tickets for the Villanova game on Saturday at the Rock and it let me download and print the tickets

Let us know how the Marriott was and also the atmosphere today for the hoops games.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad