Music: Official ProgRock-ProgMetal-TechDeath Thread

TesseracT

Go Ducks! Go Huskies!
May 29, 2011
Knoxville, TN
It tides me over, and so did A Perfect Circle between albums, but this whole court case delay is quite frustrating, although I don't blame them for being preoccupied with it. I couldn't imagine creating my 'art' or 'craft' when something like this hovers over.

I hear that. The dude suing them is doing what he thinks is right - whatever. The insurance company that f'd Tool over by not doing their damn job and then counter suing Tool is total bs.

TesseracT

Go Ducks! Go Huskies!
May 29, 2011
Knoxville, TN
Any Tool fans listen to Volto! ? Danny Carey on drums - though it's labeled as Jazz Fusion. Seeing them live just completely blows the album away.

Bobo420

Jun 13, 2007

Hope they're working on new material, saw them open for BTBAM a couple years ago and it was simply mind blowing, nobody quite sounds like them.

TesseracT

Go Ducks! Go Huskies!
May 29, 2011
Knoxville, TN

Hope they're working on new material, saw them open for BTBAM a couple years ago and it was simply mind blowing, nobody quite sounds like them.

Holy s**t where has this been all my life??!!! :amazed:

People throw the word "eclectic" around a lot to describe music but this band simply defines it. Thanks a ton for the post.

Prog thread already paying off. :yo:

bohlmeister

May 18, 2007
I hate YES because I hate the sound of the organ. Which unfortunately makes most Prog rock unlistenable to me. I appreciate having this thread though, it is always nice to find some new interesting music.

My favorite bands are Rush, Tool, Pink Floyd, Coheed and Cambria, Porcupine Tree, etc. I am always looking for new music in this genre.

beowulf

Not a nice guy.
Jan 29, 2005
Ottawa
I've never heard of Tool being lumped in with progressive rock.

Progressive metal usually. If you look at wikipedia for example they are listed as "alternative metal, progressive rock, progressive metal and art rock".

S E P H

Cloud IX
Mar 5, 2010
Toruń, PL
Posted this a couple of times in the other metal thread, but it's filled with immature kids liking high school garage quality and constant throwing up sounds coming from their esophagus and colon.

Surprise there is no mention of Rush so far.
If a Prog Metal/Rock fan that doesn't know Rush has no right to listen to music. Simple as that.

S E P H

Cloud IX
Mar 5, 2010
Toruń, PL
Others I have posted in the kid metal thread.

Age of Nemesis

Blotted Science

Communic

Galneryus

Hourglass

Rest of their songs: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=qQPMHhLIhV4&list=PL8953C7BD01664B86

Magic Pie [For the people who like the 60s and 70s style of Prog]

Mayadome

Orphaned Land

Riverside [Easily the best Prog Rock band]

Second Life Syndrome is also worth checking out.

Threshold [After listening to "Eat the Unicorn", you will be a changed person]

Versailles

Sorry for the long post. I got much more bands, but did not want to kill the loading time.

bohlmeister

May 18, 2007
0:35 of that Unicorn song from Threshold sounds like when Mario gets the star.

tumblr_mf3schRIMU1rrftcdo1_400.gif

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad