Official Pie Counter.

MassiveHomer

Facts are Irrelevant
May 25, 2011
The Best Place Ever
Daniel Paille is an invaluable member of the Boston Bruins. He is a hard working grinder with incredible speed, and strong defensive game sense. He has the uncanny ability to tip passes at the defensive blue-line, and set himself up for a breakaway opportunity.

Unfortunately, he uses these breakaways to express his hatred of the back boards, and seems to delight in firing pucks directly into them.

I admire his dedication, and I am hereby dubbing this move "The Pie."

To make a great defensive play and set oneself up for a breakaway, only to fail spectacularly, is henceforth known as a "Pie."

Every player on the Boston Bruins who successfully executes The Pie will be awarded the following badge of honor:

20v0jdl.jpg

The purpose of this thread is to keep a running tab of Boston Bruins players who can pull off this monumental feat.

Whenever you see a Bruins player make a Pie, please post in this thread with the details, and I will update the standings. Please include the date and approximate time (period, time on clock) for more comprehensive stat-keeping.

Official Rule: In order to qualify for a Pie, a player must make an opportunistic play to set himself up for a breakaway, only to miss the net entirely. Players who hit either the goalie, post, or crossbar will be disqualified.

STANDINGS:
As of 3.09.13 Flyers @ Bruins
No Pies Awarded.

Last edited:

OutspokenMinority*

Paille is one of my favorite Bruins and has been for years, but that's high quality funny and that picture is priceless.

Rich Peverly aka "Celery Stick" is at least a close second on this one. Did you know that when you eat a celery stick you actually burn more calories than you consume? :nod:

DKH

The Bergeron of HF
Feb 27, 2002
great stuff and so true- love Paille and understand he is not a Bruins though if he could shoot more accurately or had better hands

A+ for creativity

trudatman*

"Danielle?" really? I suppose this will be a needed addition to the gameday threads with the likes of "Zedeno," "Sidenberg" and "Thorton." it can replace "Danile."

MassiveHomer

Facts are Irrelevant
May 25, 2011
The Best Place Ever
"Danielle?" really? I suppose this will be a needed addition to the gameday threads with the likes of "Zedeno," "Sidenberg" and "Thorton." it can replace "Danile."

I think that Danielle is a beautiful name.

The -lle of "Paille" managed to creep into his first name. Curse you, hangovers.

Bruwinz37

Feb 27, 2002
I read your first paragraph like it was a Wesley Willis song.

I hope someone gets this.

Pay Carl

punished “venom” krejci
Jun 23, 2011
Vermont
If we backdated this to the beginning of the season, Bourque would be the team leader. Is it a 'Chris Bourque Pie' if the shot hits all glass?

meh

I guess this is like calling a Gordie Howe Hat Trick a Gordie Howe Hat Trick, even though he really didnt have many haha

mmonty

Mar 9, 2013
Been lurking for 3-4 years and had to sign up yesterday when I saw this thread. Hilarious. Great job. Ok back to lurking.

Ladyfan

Miss Bergy, Savvy and Quaider. Welcome back Looch!
Sponsor
Jun 8, 2007
next to the bench
Paille is one of my favorite Bruins and has been for years, but that's high quality funny and that picture is priceless.

Rich Peverly aka "Celery Stick" is at least a close second on this one. Did you know that when you eat a celery stick you actually burn more calories than you consume? :nod:

Welcome to the board.

I love Dan Paille on the B's.

NiKrejci

May 11, 2009
At the beginning of this season Seguin definitely got a couple pie's that's for sure. Paille must have told him all the bad things the back boards did to Paille before he learned to stop.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad