Rumor: Official Pens Trade Deadline Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.

Zirakzigil

Global Moderator
Jul 5, 2010
Canada
*** We will keep rolling with this thread throughout the day, unless it starts to get bogged down. Per the Administration guru's, we shouldnt need to cap it with the new upgrades. ***

Keep this thread to PENGUINS rumors and or trades only.

Yes, the forum is experiencing issues, we get it, keep your whining about it out of the thread.

a4c75869d223aa90129ab6c89646ac34.gif

Last edited:

DesertedPenguin

Mar 11, 2007
Jake-Sid-Rust
Heinen/Zucker-Malkin-Rakell
Zucker/Heinen-Carter-Kapanen
ERod/ZAR-Bleuger-McGinn/Boyle

We are set. Love it.
I wouldn't be surprised to see Zucker play with Sid and Guentzel when he's healthy.

Guentzel-Crosby-Zucker
Rackell-Malkin-Rust
Heinen-Carter-Kapanen
McGinn-Blueger-Rodrigues/ZAR/Boyle

SEALBound

Fancy Gina Carano
Sponsor
Jun 13, 2010
Boom......sniping players from B town...... waiting until the end to get value. Love it
It's a Trade Deadline Day miracle! As is tradition.
Yeah I had the same thought. You can get Rakell for like $5 million I'd bet. Rust's potential extension just keeps rising and rising.
Indeed. My assumption is that Kapanen goes out for either and your top 6 RWs are set. I was figuring in the $4.5-5.25mil range.

Reactions: Kristopher Letang

SEALBound

Fancy Gina Carano
Sponsor
Jun 13, 2010
I wouldn't be surprised to see Zucker play with Sid and Guentzel when he's healthy.

Guentzel-Crosby-Zucker
Rackell-Malkin-Rust
Heinen-Carter-Kapanen
McGinn-Blueger-Rodrigues/ZAR/Boyle
That may not be until Game 1 of the playoffs. Not the time to stick a guy on L1. We best hope he makes it back before then. I think they are going to give Rust back to Sid. That line is just too good to marginalize at the moment. That said, we have some time to juggle the lines a bit to see what sticks. Who knows, could be Rakell on Sid's RW.

3ladesof5teel

Feb 20, 2012
This is what we wanted.....IDK what prospect we gave up. Not too many years left to make a run. Good stuff.

DesertedPenguin

Mar 11, 2007
That may not be until Game 1 of the playoffs. Not the time to stick a guy on L1. We best hope he makes it back before then. I think they are going to give Rust back to Sid. That line is just too good to marginalize at the moment. That said, we have some time to juggle the lines a bit to see what sticks. Who knows, could be Rakell on Sid's RW.
It's possible. All depends on Zucker's recovery.

I do think, for now, Rackell will start with Malkin and Heinen will move down.

Peat

Jun 14, 2016

edit: Also this

Conclusion - nobody knows what the hell he is at this point

CheckingLineCenter

Aug 10, 2018
Pens legitimately got the most skilled F on the market imo. Kept their first.

My worry on Rakell was that his 30 goal resume and skillset would have had his price way higher.

Hextall has been awesome. I like this move even if it doesn’t work out. Low cost calculated gamble.

Reactions: domaug

Andy99

Jun 26, 2017
So he’s a finisher who doesn’t finish…just what we need…have to say again that I don’t think he moves the needle as far as improving our chances to contend…

3ladesof5teel

Feb 20, 2012
I know Rickey Racks hasn't been the best lately but he's definitely an upgrade on some of these tweener top 6 guys. Pretty good move for us and helps us fill out a solid roster. Guys get healthy and I love our depth.

Our lineup is deep

K Fleur

Sacrifice
Mar 28, 2014
So he’s a finisher who doesn’t finish…just what we need…have to s again that I don’t think he moves the needle as far as improving our chances to contend…
Andy the dude scored like 35 goals in a season before. Awhile ago but none of our other can't finish guys can really say that.

CheckingLineCenter

Aug 10, 2018
No way do we give up Broz for a UFA rental WITH a 2nd.

I'm thinking Hallander or Angello.

Roster player is likely ZAR or Simon.
Not that crazy imo. He’s got the best ceiling in the pool maybe but is probably 3-4+ years off and not having an amazing freshman year.

Would make sense for the Pens to keep their guys playing pro and close to filling spots for cheap, and trade the higher risk/reward long term prospect.

But we’ll see.

Andy99

Jun 26, 2017
Andy the dude scored like 35 goals in a season before. Awhile ago but none of our other can't finish guys can really say that.
A long while ago…the JFresh charts etc don’t really paint a great picture in the last several,years, although he’s been better this season

SEALBound

Fancy Gina Carano
Sponsor
Jun 13, 2010
Sneaky idea - rumor on main board is Dadonov to ANA

Rakell and Dadonov (both @ 50%) for ZAR, Pettersson, POJ, 2nd.

Muahahahahaha

TKalltheTime

KILLER PARTIES, ALMOST KILLED ME!
Jan 5, 2018
Los Angeles, CA
Pens legitimately got the most skilled F on the market imo. Kept their first.

My worry on Rakell was that his 30 goal resume and skillset would have had his price way higher.

Hextall has been awesome. I like this move even if it doesn’t work out. Low cost calculated gamble.
Ummm did you forget Grioux was moved?!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad