Official panic thread

Beech

Cicc' a porta
Nov 25, 2020
Will Celebrini be the #1 center, or will Stuzzle hang on to that spot?

I am thinking early on, Celebrini is PP2 and Stuzzle is PP1. By year 2, Celebrini is PP1.

by 2025/2026, I see C1, Clebrini, C2, stuzzle and James Hagen C3.

Not bad FYOUS from 2027 on wards.

Reactions: bicboi64

AchtzehnBaby

Global Matador
Mar 28, 2013
Hazeldean Road

I am thinking early on, Celebrini is PP2 and Stuzzle is PP1. By year 2, Celebrini is PP1.

crying face emoji

guyzeur

Mar 25, 2009
Ottawa

This is the panic thread not the Make a Wish thread!

Relapsing

Jul 3, 2018
You post tweets in every other thread.
The worst thing about Twitter is that even if you don't have it in your browser history, have the app downloaded on your phone, or even an account, some people seem intent to make sure it's still in your life.

If some Sens twit person makes a funny gif, I'd rather just see the gif for a laugh. Don't care about their "commentary" otherwise.

We are Dreamy for Celebrini!
We already know he's gonna be gift wrapped to an American team with a love note from Gary.

No need to set yourself up for disappointment!

Cosmix

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Jul 24, 2011
Ottawa
With a new head coach hopefully coming in next season, we need a new defense coach because the dmen have either tuned out Capuano or it just isn't working. The dmen need a new voice as well.
We need some new D Men too.

inthewings

Jul 26, 2005
This is going to be a very difficult needle to thread. There's talent here for sure, but the roster isn't good enough and and there are a lot of obstacles for Staios to work through:

- almost complete lack of pick/prospect capital
- Korpisalo and Forsbeg almost 7M in wasted cap space in net
- Norris and his 8M contract completely underwater, with questions as to whether he'll ever be the place he was pre-injury
- Chabot hasn't played like an 8M player in years
- A decision needs to be made on Chychrun this offseason, and he hasn't played very well thus year

Staios has inherited a huge mess, and unless he does everything right this offseason, the team might be in a rebuild the rebuild situation

Sens of Anarchy

Jul 9, 2013
This is going to be a very difficult needle to thread. There's talent here for sure, but the roster isn't good enough and and there are a lot of obstacles for Staios to work through:

- Norris and his 8M contract completely underwater, with questions as to whether he'll ever be the place he was pre-injury
- A decision needs to be made on Chychrun this offseason, and he hasn't played very well thus year

Staios has inherited a huge mess, and unless he does everything right this offseason, the team might be in a rebuild the rebuild situation
Agree . And you can add the relatively empty cupboards in the prospect pool which means draft capital has to be guarded to replenish that and we are down a 1st round pick in one of the next 3 drafts. Not much help coming to add.
He has pressure to hit on the picks he has as well.

Micklebot

Apr 27, 2010

Norris situation to me is the one that really complicates matters. Korpisalo is bad too, but more manageable. Either guy could be bought out, at a manageable cap hit, but Norris was supposed to be a big part of our future at center.

Chabot not playing like an 8 mil player, well every team has a guy that's overpaid by a mil or two. To me, that one is a non issue. Same with Chych, he's an asset we can move,

Lack of draft capital hurts though, Dorion throwing away 7oa, 12oa, 39oa, a 2024 2nd, a 2026 2nd, and a 2024 3rd for 1 year of DBC, 1 year of Chychrun, a late first, a b prospect, a 4th and whatever we get back for Chych set us back a lot.

mysens

Apr 9, 2013
It boggles my mind that what Pierre and company did over the years sort of went unnoticed and is now finally rearing its ugly head. This team is handcuffed by so much. We are in for a rough couple of years. Hope not, but as the posters above said, there are loads of untradeable contracts.

BonHoonLayneCornell

Oct 16, 2006
Yukon
It boggles my mind that what Pierre and company did over the years sort of went unnoticed and is now finally rearing its ugly head. This team is handcuffed by so much. We are in for a rough couple of years. Hope not, but as the posters above said, there are loads of untradeable contracts.
Well, it certainly didn't go unnoticed here. It's been called pretty much from day 1 by a lot of folks here.

General consensus here was pretty much always that PD was in over his head, while also working with an ownership situation that required perfection. A combination almost guaranteed to fail. It's actually incredible they came out of it in the shape they did 3 years ago, but now 3 years of failed attempts by PD to fast forward it has exhausted their options and added more bad money.

Reactions: mysens and DrEasy

guyzeur

Mar 25, 2009
Ottawa
You can blame Dorion for the trades but the lack of funding into Pro and Amateur scouting and Players development didn't help either.

Beside Karlsson, Sanderson and Chabot who's the last defenseman that was develop by us?
Same question applies to goalies.

Sens of Anarchy

Jul 9, 2013
You can blame Dorion for the trades but the lack of funding into Pro and Amateur scouting and Players development didn't help either.

Beside Karlsson, Sanderson and Chabot who's the last defenseman that was develop by us?
Same question applies to goalies.
In the Dorion years? That Dark and Dreary period that went on forever Brannstrom, JBD, or before ? (I won't count Zub)
Before we had a few Chara ,Redden, Phillips, Volchenkov, Meszaros, Rachunek

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad