OT: Official OT Thread XIV - Tonight we're gonna party like it's MCMXCIX

Status
Not open for further replies.

Legionnaire

Help On The Way
Jul 10, 2002
LA-LA Land
Churches is pretty damn yummy. I like Popeye's too, but I don't like their gravy. KFC is pretty good, I guess. In the long run, I make better fried chicken anyway.

Reclamation Project

Cut It All Right In Two
Jul 6, 2011
Don't NEED to? Or don't want to REMEMBER?!?!?!

I could barely make it to the bathroom at the mall after I ate it. I kicked open that stall door like a SWAT member. It was violent. Think Pompeii meets a shotgun. I lost a solid ten pounds in sweat.

But I had it last week (catered lunch at work) and it wasn't bad. Fast food Russian roulette apparently where the gun only has two chambers.

ADifferentTim

Knowledgeable & Pure
Dec 18, 2013
LACo/IE; SoCal
I could barely make it to the bathroom at the mall after I ate it. I kicked open that stall door like a SWAT member. It was violent. Think Pompeii meets a shotgun. I lost a solid ten pounds in sweat.

But I had it last week (catered lunch at work) and it wasn't bad. Fast food Russian roulette apparently where the gun only has two chambers.

That just reminds me of a KROQ segment from Kevin and Bean, where they poked fun of KFC's sides.

Legionnaire

Help On The Way
Jul 10, 2002
LA-LA Land

Ahahahahaha. Swat team member!

Maybe you got a bad batch or something?

Captain Mittens*

15395_1026755704020549_9219784130768896795_n.jpg

Too many margaritas?

Have you checked out Urban Plates yet?

Not I don't drink there very often. Not much of a margarita guy. I can assure you there would be a nuclear meltdown if I mixed El Cholo's food with a margarita. Something in the food there just doesn't sit well with me.

I haven't checked out urban plates and I meant to ask you the name of it again. I'm writing it down on a post it note right now.

Captain Mittens*

Not I don't drink there very often. Not much of a margarita guy. I can assure you there would be a nuclear meltdown if I mixed El Cholo's food with a margarita. Something in the food there just doesn't sit well with me.
Note to self...have margaritas with the Elf.

I haven't checked out urban plates and I meant to ask you the name of it again. I'm writing it down on a post it note right now.

That place is right up your alley. It's on Culver and Barranca. I know you aren't a huge meat eater, but the Braised beef & mushrooms in red wine sauce is to die for.

As long as we're talking about food, I recently discovered Sharky's Wood Fired Grill. I really dig it. Then I went to Rubio's the other day for the first time in a very long time. I got some sort of salad with grilled chicken that was awesome. I will eat that again. I also ordered some Grilled Shrimp Taco thinking it would be relatively healthy. Wrong. It had cheese, bacon and some zesty sour cream sauce. But it tasted great!

I've also been eating at some fancier establishments recently and trying a lot of fish. I was at Duke's in Huntington Pier last week and had grilled Opah. That was awesome and I totally recommend. I also had Halibut at the Capitol Grill in Costa Mesa (South Coast Plaza) which was good as well. Finally, I'm officially a fan of Chaya in DTLA. I've at there numerous times and always thought sucked but their White Sea Bass is killer. It might be the best fish I've ever had.

Then last week I went to a place called The Big Catch in Downtown Long Beach. This is a rip off of the Boiling Crab but it was pretty good. I actually thought there cajun style seasoning was a bit better than Boiling Crab but I couldn't get the smell off my hands for almost two days.

/yelp

King RAZZ

Los Cucarachas
Apr 26, 2007
The Roach Motel
razzilla.multiply.com
I don't need to tell my KFC story again.
I had one that was funny...and it took place during that Oprah KFC giveaway that leaked online a few years back...

I found out the best tasting thing I had from that free meal was the coleslaw...
DinnerForMaxCatt.gif

BTW... Meet Max (at the time of that letter)...
Max009.jpg

I tried to give the chicken meat to the cats...but they refused it... Now...if your chicken isn't fit for CATS to eat...you KNOW it's bad...

Captain Mittens*

I had one that was funny...and it took place during that Oprah KFC giveaway that leaked online a few years back...

I found out the best tasting thing I had from that free meal was the coleslaw...
DinnerForMaxCatt.gif

BTW... Meet Max (at the time of that letter)...
Max009.jpg

I tried to give the chicken meat to the cats...but they refused it... Now...if your chicken isn't fit for CATS to eat...you KNOW it's bad...

Cats be knowing!!

One of my cats loves chicken, anytime I am working with raw or cooked chicken, he is screaming like a banshee.
He'll even lick the grease off my fingers after I shred chicken.

King RAZZ

Los Cucarachas
Apr 26, 2007
The Roach Motel
razzilla.multiply.com
Cats be knowing!!

One of my cats loves chicken, anytime I am working with raw or cooked chicken, he is screaming like a banshee.
He'll even lick the grease off my fingers after I shred chicken.
The funny thing was that both Max AND Razzie love shredded chicken... I have to watch it when I do the few recipes that call for it...or I'd have one or both on that counter...

Captain Mittens*

The funny thing was that both Max AND Razzie love shredded chicken... I have to watch it when I do the few recipes that call for it...or I'd have one or both on that counter...

Cats know....

I don't let my cats on the counter. I don't even let them in the kitchen. They still try to go in...
the only time I have trouble keeping them is out when I feed them. They get a dehydrated food that takes about 5 minutes to make and that is a long freaking 5 minutes of meows and cats weaving in and out of my legs.

If your other cat also an orange tabby?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad