Not open for further replies.

ADifferentTim

Knowledgeable & Pure
Dec 18, 2013
LACo/IE; SoCal
1999? I'm old enough to remember the following:

--Y2K hysteria
--Gretzky's retirement
--Chipper Jones and the Atlanta Braves, getting spanked and 404'd, respectively, in The Bronx; Mariano Rivera as the 1999 World Series MVP
--Digimon Adventure

By the way, wouldn't the DSM book also categorize "obsession with ponies" as zoophilia? I mean, I did previously say in the older Off-Topic thread "The Greeks would classify obsession with zombies as *necrophilia*".

"necro" = dead (in this case, zombies)
"philia" = obsession

Captain Mittens*

You saw what I did there...

hD1CF2040

Were any of you at Woodstock 1999 by any chance?

Was that the one where some girls were assaulted while the kings of music, Fred Durst, and his henchmen performed?

One of the greatest things (and there aren't many) about music in the past 10+ years is that Fred Durst disappeared from the music industry as fast as he arrived. That guitar player from Limp Bizkit really exposed him for what a no talent he is/was by leaving that band.

Captain Mittens*

Was that the one where some girls were assaulted while the kings of music, Fred Durst, and his henchmen performed?

One of the greatest things (and there aren't many) about music in the past 10+ years is that Fred Durst disappeared from the music industry as fast as he arrived. That guitar player from Limp Bizkit really exposed him for what a no talent he is/was by leaving that band.

Now if we can just get The Offsrping to fall off the same cliff

Mitchnesses

Hunk of Monkey Love
Jun 7, 2004
Orange County, CA
This thread sucks. I blame Gentle Ben Kenobi. Anyone who posts a shirtless Dog The Brownie Hunter should be shot on sight.

I demand retraction and retribution.

DocWest

Rock Bottom
Oct 21, 2010
Los Angeles
This thread sucks. I blame Gentle Ben Kenobi. Anyone who posts a shirtless Dog The Brownie Hunter should be shot on sight.

I demand retraction and retribution.

That pic got you tingling in your loins, eh? It's all good, I'm sure he'd share a brownie with you. Go with John Gibson, brah.

:laugh:

DocWest

Rock Bottom
Oct 21, 2010
Los Angeles
How have you been Doc?

Pls Respond

Getting antsy waiting for the new season to start. I've been filling the void with drinking mouthwash and scouring the internet for pics of shirtless bounty hunters. I also had an awkward conversation in the elevator (is there any other kind?) with a Ducks fan recently. He said Gaborik's 3rd period goal in Game 1 was the worst moment of his hockey watching career. I was like, "I can see that".

Why are all elevator conversations with strangers awkward? Getting the conversation flowing is easy, but then there are those eight seconds where it's pure silence as you wait for the other person to leave. Then you both usually wish the other one a good day at the exact same time. What's up with that? Also, when there are multiple people in the elevator, I've noticed people always shift around so they are equally balanced and spread across the cab. People will even readjust when somebody gets off at a different floor. John Gibson forbid one side has more people on it than the other.

Hockey needs to start soon.

Reclamation Project

Cut It All Right In Two
Jul 6, 2011
Getting antsy waiting for the new season to start. I've been filling the void with drinking mouthwash and scouring the internet for pics of shirtless bounty hunters. I also had an awkward conversation in the elevator (is there any other kind?) with a Ducks fan recently. He said Gaborik's 3rd period goal in Game 1 was the worst moment of his hockey watching career. I was like, "I can see that".

Why are all elevator conversations with strangers awkward? Getting the conversation flowing is easy, but then there are those eight seconds where it's pure silence as you wait for the other person to leave. Then you both usually wish the other one a good day at the exact same time. What's up with that? Also, when there are multiple people in the elevator, I've noticed people always shift around so they are equally balanced and spread across the cab. People will even readjust when somebody gets off at a different floor. John Gibson forbid one side has more people on it than the other.

Hockey needs to start soon.

I had some lady a few weeks back accuse me of hitting on her because I held the elevator door open for her. She got even more angry when I looked her up and down and responded that I wasn't interested in what she was selling.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad