Hyman >>> Matthews
Sep 29, 2006
Somewhere Up North

img_6vv11o.jpg

Sorry, couldn't help it :laugh:

oilers'72

Jul 3, 2006
Red Deer, Alta
Left this for a while because of all the hoopla. The Oil Kings 2017 pre-season schedule has them playing 5 games in Red Deer, Calgary and the Downtown Community Arena.

Home Away Day Date Time Location
Prince George Edmonton Friday September 1 3:00 PM Red Deer
(Enmax Centrium)

Red Deer Edmonton Saturday September 2 7:00 PM Red Deer
(Enmax Centrium)

Calgary Edmonton Friday September 8 7:00 PM Calgary
(WinSport Arena)

Edmonton Calgary Sunday September 10 4:00 PM Edmonton
(Downtown Community Arena)

Edmonton Saskatoon Saturday September 16 7:00 PM Edmonton
(Downtown Community Arena)

http://oilkings.ca/article/oil-kings-announce-2017-pre-season-schedule

oilers'72

Jul 3, 2006
Red Deer, Alta
The 2017-18 Oil Kings regular season schedule is out. The season starts with a back-to-back with Red Deer September 23rd at the Enmax Centrium and the 24th at Rogers Place. It ends with a back-to-back with Calgary March 17th here and the 18th at the Scotiabank Saddledome.

Notable games (if Bear, Jones, Yamamoto and Skinner are still in the Dub) are: Lethbridge, Friday, September 29th at 7 PM at Rogers and Saturday, September 30th at 7 PM in Lethbridge, Spokane, Wednesday, October 22nd at 4 PM at Rogers, Seattle, Thursday, November 2nd at 7 PM at Rogers, Portland, Saturday, November 25th at 7 PM at Rogers, Lethbridge, Sunday, December 3rd at 4 PM at Rogers, Friday, December 8th in Lethbridge, Saturday, February 3rd at 7 PM in Lethbridge and Tuesday, March 13th at 7 PM at Rogers.

ScheduleInfographic.jpg

http://oilkings.ca/article/oil-kings-release-2017-18-schedule

http://oilkings.ca/schedule/262/228

oilers'72

Jul 3, 2006
Red Deer, Alta
I already PMed a mod but no reply. Maybe I'm on "ignore", haha.

Thanks o72 for all the updates!

You're welcome, Jek. Looking forward to another season. One of the good things about junior hockey is that you never know how the season will play out. A team can be bad for a while and then win the Memorial Cup the next year.

You should be able to edit the title, Jek, as you were the one that started the thread.

Supermassive

HISS, HISS
Feb 19, 2007
Sherwood Park
You're welcome, Jek. Looking forward to another season. One of the good things about junior hockey is that you never know how the season will play out. A team can be bad for a while and then win the Memorial Cup the next year.

You should be able to edit the title, Jek, as you were the one that started the thread.

It's an odd set of circumstances - I didn't start the thread (a mod did), therefore I can only edit my post's header. I'll try to get it sorted soon.

MoneyGuy

Wandering
Oct 19, 2009
How does the team look this season? A continuation of the rebuild? Playoff bubble team?

oilers'72

Jul 3, 2006
Red Deer, Alta
How does the team look this season? A continuation of the rebuild? Playoff bubble team?

I probably would've given you a good reply if I were a lot younger. Best I can do is refer to others in the know.

Here's a conversation that Dean Millard had with Corey Graham last night. It starts at about 15 minutes in but you can get some talk a couple of minutes before. I'm still listening, so I'm not sure if the question gets asked. Of course, there's the Pipeline Show.

In my limited knowledge, I'd say probably better than last season but battling for the last playoff spot. Guys like Fix-Wolansky and Warm are a year older and the team has overager Travis Child in goal this season. Career WHL save% of around .900 and a GAA around 2.95 last season in 33 games with Swift Current and Brandon.

http://www.tsn.ca/radio/edmonton-1260/sports-night-september-22-hour-3-1.864619

It got mentioned in the last few minutes. Corey considered the OKs, Calgary and Red Deer in the bottom 3 of the division. I guess it'll depend on the other two teams and the OKs do in the head to head games.

Last edited:

ChaoticOrange

Jun 29, 2008
Edmonton
Pavlenko has a couple for the Oil Kings tonight off nice feeds from Fix-Wolansky, and Koch just potted one. Looks like we could have a legit top line... if not much else up front.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad