OT: Official Off-topic Thread XLVIII-Let the games begin

Status
Not open for further replies.

LSCII

Cup driven
Mar 1, 2002
Central MA
You are a man after my own taste buds LSCII- my idea of a perfect salad is lettuce and cucumbers. Topped by either Italian or Catalina dressing. That's it.

I'm with you Bets. For dressings, it's either french, creamy italian (have at it Trev, Lou and Chuck), or regular italian.

deliciouspie

the best post »»»»»
Oct 22, 2008
sf, austin, here
Of course, I like borsht. Just the beet borsht with sour cream. You don't HAVE to be a commie to enjoy it. Just Jewish.:D

well, armenian, although i suppose if you were to follow the biblical geneology, there aren't a whole lot of ancestral differences there

Borscht? Nyet. :laugh:

you have no idea what you are missing, lamb borscht with some sour cream owns bones

deliciouspie

the best post »»»»»
Oct 22, 2008
sf, austin, here
Can't say I've ever had it. But I can say that I probably never will.

I also have to say I'm reminded of the George Carlin bit about not being able to eat things because of the way they sound.

oh come on, next you're going to tell me that you don't like dolmas or lamejun or all the other awesome things that are out there

LSCII

Cup driven
Mar 1, 2002
Central MA
well, armenian, although i suppose if you were to follow the biblical geneology, there aren't a whole lot of ancestral differences there

you have no idea what you are missing, lamb borscht with some sour cream owns bones

Not a fan of lamb either. Too gamey for my tastes...:laugh:

Kate08

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Apr 30, 2010
I'm going to Max & Dylan's for dinner tonight. Good thing I'm not emotionally prepared to start my diet yet.

:banana:

deliciouspie

the best post »»»»»
Oct 22, 2008
sf, austin, here
as an aside: i find it funny that given all the cultural jockeying and wars and all the terrible thigns that occur between people, the best indicator that were all coming from one place and going the same way is food

pizza is sfiha is lamejun is tostadas is whatever else

same thing, just a different name, and a different tribe killing or being killed by another tribe

ksp1957

Apr 11, 2006
South Shore
as an aside: i find it funny that given all the cultural jockeying and wars and all the terrible thigns that occur between people, the best indicator that were all coming from one place and going the same way is food

pizza is sfiha is lamejun is tostadas is whatever else

same thing, just a different name, and a different tribe killing or being killed by another tribe

I had Lamejun once when I lived in Israel for a year. Those who haven't tried it don't know what you're missing.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad