OT: Official Off-topic Thread XLVIII-Let the games begin

Status
Not open for further replies.

ksp1957

Apr 11, 2006
South Shore
this has been an uncompensated advertisement for Eastern Lamejun in Belmont

Eastern Lamejun: for when you want awesome food and to be yelled at by elderly armenian ladies

Stand by while I make a note of the place and where it is. I'll have to try it. If they yell at me in Armenian, I'll yell back at them in Hebrew.:D

deliciouspie

the best post »»»»»
Oct 22, 2008
sf, austin, here
Stand by while I make a note of the place and where it is. I'll have to try it. If they yell at me in Armenian, I'll yell back at them in Hebrew.:D

that might just be me because i'm a mutt who looks like a full-blood and haven't been raised in the church or any of the other traditions beyond the culinary (which, let me be clear here, is a hell of a tradition in itself) so they can get a bit snarky

Kovi

Feb 11, 2007
in 10 minutes i hv to go to what will likely be a 27 minute meeting. i dont wanna go out again

deliciouspie

the best post »»»»»
Oct 22, 2008
sf, austin, here
you know, i've never made my own, but the good stuff i've purchased at the orthodox church fairs have had garlic and pepper flakes in the brine medium and it was delicious

the key with turshi in my opinion is to go all crunchy, all day son; the tomatoes tend to get squishy, so avoid those, and instead of rolling with standard crappy cucumbers move up to armenian (also known as "persian") cucumbers and lay in the sea of flavor

WickedBruinsGirl

May 1, 2003
Cambridge
Love lamb too. Usually make it for Easter.

Amazing what some new highlights can do for a girl. I love that my hairdresser is more excited than me haha. Early bday present to myself.

Kovi

Feb 11, 2007
Love lamb too. Usually make it for Easter.

Amazing what some new highlights can do for a girl. I love that my hairdresser is more excited than me haha. Early bday present to myself.

yeaaaaaaaahhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhh

foil head!

ksp1957

Apr 11, 2006
South Shore
you know, i've never made my own, but the good stuff i've purchased at the orthodox church fairs have had garlic and pepper flakes in the brine medium and it was delicious

the key with turshi in my opinion is to go all crunchy, all day son; the tomatoes tend to get squishy, so avoid those, and instead of rolling with standard crappy cucumbers move up to armenian (also known as "persian") cucumbers and lay in the sea of flavor

While we're on food, is there anyplace that makes a decent pita bread ? I used to buy the bread from a place in Tiberias and it was so warm and smelled so good that no place in this country comes close. Plus the individual breads were the size of pizza and I'd 2 or 3 on the way back to my place.

Kovi

Feb 11, 2007
51nToyemNLL.jpg

ur doin it wrong

deliciouspie

the best post »»»»»
Oct 22, 2008
sf, austin, here
eastern made them in the past but i think they're getting them from another baker in the area

i want to say sevan makes their own but i am probably mistaken; same for armenian market

they are all p tasty but not piping hot out of the oven, which i understand where you're coming from

ksp1957

Apr 11, 2006
South Shore
eastern made them in the past but i think they're getting them from another baker in the area

i want to say sevan makes their own but i am probably mistaken; same for armenian market

they are all p tasty but not piping hot out of the oven, which i understand where you're coming from

Guess there's only one choice. Tell the kids and the wife we're moving to Israel next week. :D Whoops, wait a sec. ;)

I google searched for Mid East bakeries and I'll just to try Droubi Bakery in Roslindale and see how that goes.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad