Confirmed with Link: OFFICIAL: #NYR have agreed to terms with free agent forward Jarret Stoll

haveandare

Jul 2, 2009
New York
i keep saying the same thing.

adding stoll to this roster is a win win.

hes a very, very good 4th liner. makes our 4th line worlds better than last year. in fact, he would be the best 4c in the entire league and yes that includes our very own doom moore who's very good as well.

as a 3c, hell be a very effective, smart and a much needed 2way defensive center who can match up, win face-offs, and shut guys down.

if he plays along side moore and say stalberg or lindberg, that will be a formidable 4th line.

hes 2 years removed from being a main cog in the kings run (through us) to the cup.

very shrewd play here with little downside.

He hasn't scored even 10 goals in the last 4 seasons. He's a good defensive forward, or can be, but I wouldn't call him a 2-way player.

egelband

Sep 6, 2008
I hope the Rangers bring back Moore next year. I imagine he would take a team-friendly deal and he appears to be only getting better with age (and a set role)

offdacrossbar

misfit fanboy
Jun 25, 2006
da cuse
He hasn't scored even 10 goals in the last 4 seasons. He's a good defensive forward, or can be, but I wouldn't call him a 2-way player.

too long in the tooth to be an effective scorer at this point.

when i say 2 way, i mean he's more than competent offensively on the 4th line or even the 3c. 2 way defensive center man. key word. defensive

as a 3c, hes a defensive type player at this point in his career. with speedy wingers like say... etem and jt miller, that would be an interesting line. capable of matching up and paying a high tempo chase the puck type game. would get alot of line 1 match ups. wouldn't score alot but would create chances and win d zone face-offs. something we could not do last year at all.

and he still moves pretty good from what i saw last season.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad