picture.php

Helmet of a goalie in the the Dallas Stars system

sushinsky4tsar

Oct 17, 2002
Edina, MN
Visit site
220px-Minnesota_North_Stars_Logo_1967-1974.svg.png

nhl11wild.png

How about introducing the N-Star as a replacement shoulder patch? It doesn't have to stand for North Stars hockey. Think of it as more of a directional compass. The team plays in the North Star State / Northland. Identity as the team of the North (at least in the US).

That isn't any more abstract than some of the other shoulder patches out in the league. It's kind of along the lines of the Twins using the 'TC' emblem.

I would love for this to be the seed that will eventually make it possible for the Wild to have an annual throwback night where they can wear they old North Stars jersey and not have that seem completely out of place. Slowly reclaim a heritage that the Dallas Stars want nothing to do with.

At any rate, ANYTHING would be better than this current abomination.

tyratoku

May 28, 2010
MN
Kent Youngblood of the Star Tribune did a write-up in honor(Wrong word?) of the 20th Anniversary of the North Stars leaving.

Twenty years ago, after a loss in Detroit, the players trudged out of the visiting locker room at Joe Louis Arena and the Minnesota North Stars were finished.

With the Wild drawing big crowds and vying for a playoff spot, pause for a moment to remember that Monday is the 20th anniversary of the North Stars’ final game, a 5-3 loss on the road that came with moving vans poised to leave Met Center bound for Dallas.

Read on at the link.

jedisports

Jul 4, 2012
Even after 20 years, it still hurts.

What hurts me the most is that the name was taken away. That hurts. I am a Cleveland native and we didn't allow that creep of a owner who took our franchise to Baltimore to take the name away. No way would we allow the Ravens to be the Browns. Actually went to court, too. I wish we would have fought for the name and colors for our North Stars.

northstars4ever

Jul 9, 2013
we need to bring the name back

it can be done, must be done. the hornets did it now it's our turn. The Wild is embarrassing, that logo belongs in a baby's diaper, those red sweaters are a hideous joke. Why should we accept a ridiculous name that a marketing team came up with? NORTH STARS BACK NOW!!!!!

Minnesota

L'Etoile du Nord
Sponsor
Aug 5, 2011
it can be done, must be done. the hornets did it now it's our turn. The Wild is embarrassing, that logo belongs in a baby's diaper, those red sweaters are a hideous joke. Why should we accept a ridiculous name that a marketing team came up with? NORTH STARS BACK NOW!!!!!

Good thing those jerseys won't be around for much longer. :)

MuckOG

May 18, 2012
It ain't gonna happen until/if ever Dallas folds. SO JUST MOVE ON WITH LIFE
Dallas doesn't own the "North Stars" name or logo, the NHL does. If the ownership group of the Wild wanted to change the name to the North Stars, they probably could do it.

They intentionally didn't want to because they wanted to create a new brand, no rehash the old one.

Personally, I would've liked to see the North Stars name and logo back in 2000 when Minnesota was awarded the new franchise. But now it's too late, IMO. The Wild is an established name brand.

Blizzard6411

#benchstoner
Feb 12, 2013
Seattle
Love the thread title.

Time to move on is my opinion. Love the memories but don't really want to hear anymore about North Stars this or North Stars that.

The Wild need to make their own way in this world and establish their own identity.

I wonder if the Ravens ask to wear Colts jerseys on their throw back days? Or the Texans/Oilers?

Nharris31

Aug 9, 2013
Love the thread title.

Time to move on is my opinion. Love the memories but don't really want to hear anymore about North Stars this or North Stars that.

The Wild need to make their own way in this world and establish their own identity.

I wonder if the Ravens ask to wear Colts jerseys on their throw back days? Or the Texans/Oilers?

Ya know I think it was a while ago they asked I just thought it was interesting.

White Out 403*

for what its worth as an outsider, North Stars is one of the great hockey names of all time. Great logo too. I'd be thrilled for you guys if you changed back, but, the likelihood of that happening is... well, lol. Ya.

kfan22

Jun 20, 2012
Game 7: North Stars vs. 4 time defending SC champs, THE Canadiens, 1980 quarterfinals.

Different game.

not only a different game but no advertising on the boards, you have no idea what the score or time is unless the announcers tell you. I miss the Old time hockey especially the Old North Stars-Hawks, North Stars-Blues battles in the 80's. The Old Arena in St.Louis, Chicago Stadium, the Good Old Met Center were you could tailgate in the parking lot and watch the players walk across from the hotel

TwiztedHeat

Feb 6, 2010
The name "Wild" will never be an established name because it sucks.

I remember being 7 years old and watching that last game and the news talk about the North Stars leaving and just crying like a baby. Still stings like hell to see North Stars apparel around. I've wished like crazy we could get that tradition back in MN. North Stars IS Minnesota hockey....the Wild logo is nice and all but it'll never add up to what the North Stars is/was. Those North Stars jerseys are/were so amazing and that logo is the best you'll see around. At least we didn't name our team the Pelicans like New Orleans did in the NBA...what a terrible joke of a name.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad