Day-Walsh
Zottl-Graves
DiTomaso-Gibson

Forwards:
MacIntyre-Barwell-Goldberg
Thompson-Bastian-Gerhart
Bourne-McLeod-Venuto
Smith-Clark-Robinson

How close to the Steelheads "A" team is this? I don't know their roster that well.

3-2 Erie after the first.

Fairly close to our A team. No Cianfrone, Burnside or LeBlanc.

Torts

Aug 21, 2009
Ontario
Here's the roster I would love to see on September 26th. Don't know if it'll happen but who knows...

Cianfrone - Barwell - Goldberg
Burnside - McLeod - Gerhart
Bourne - Bastian - Robinson
MacIntyre - Smith - Venuto
Donnelly

Day - Walsh
LeBlanc - DiTomaso
Zottl - Gibson
Graves

Martin
Zanussi

Ringing Iron

May 8, 2011
I really didn't expect the Steelheads to return Spencer Martin in goal. He's always been one of my favourite goaltenders and vastly underrated. With a small improvement up front and maybe a bit of tinkering with the lineup, this team could surprise. They're definitely a sleeper for me.

Steel Toe

Oct 24, 2012
Caledon
Here's the roster I would love to see on September 26th. Don't know if it'll happen but who knows...

Cianfrone - Barwell - Goldberg
Burnside - McLeod - Gerhart
Bourne - Bastian - Robinson
MacIntyre - Smith - Venuto
Donnelly

Day - Walsh
LeBlanc - DiTomaso
Zottl - Gibson
Graves

Martin
Zanussi

My line-up :

Forwards:

Burnside-Cianfrone -Venuto
Goldberg-Barwell-Babintsev
Bourne - McLeod -Gerhart
Donnelly- Smith-Bastian

Robinson
MacIntyre
Thompson

D-Men:

Day-Walsh
Leblanc - Gibson
Graves - Ditomaso

Zottl

KillerHockey

Nov 14, 2012
Could anyone give me there thoughts on Hamlin wearing #25 he has been with the team since the start of the exhibition.

Duke Guy

Sep 10, 2013
Are you surprised the Steelheads have only signed one of their 2014 picks?

jpc7734

Sep 26, 2012
East Avenue
I will not be at tomorrow's game not a fan of that rink and can't pass up week one of nfl games.

On another note to anyone considering buying NHL 15 I just got a copy today don't do it... or at least google some reviews first I have it on xbox one, terrible. Hope it saves some steelhead fans $70.

Petes

Jun 23, 2014
If Mete is Missy bound who do you guys think could be the odd man (more then one?) out on the back end?

ProspectHunter

May 15, 2013
It is very clear that Mississauga's troubles start on the backend. Overall, the D show a remarkable inability to handle the puck. The inability to make clean, crisp breakout passes, slow decision making, slow puck movement and a damaging practice of constantly turn backwards in, or back toward, their own zone, rather than move the puck quickly and crisply up the ice, keep this team continually trapped in their own end.

Clearly Mississauga needs to score more goals than they have been able to produce for several seasons, but it all starts with quality puck management and movement from the back end ... until that is dealt with Martin is going to face a ton of rubber and goal production will remain a problem.

If the staff can't find some veteran help to stabilize the point it will again be a painfully long year for Steelheads' fans.

Macker88

Jul 15, 2014
Toronto, Ontario
I'd respectfully disagree, Walsh, Day & LeBlanc are all fairly good puckhandlers, make good first passes and are offensive threats. However Walsh lacks physicality and often loses puck battles, an can be beat out of the corners by bigger stronger players. Day is just 16 but clearly the best two-way defender on the team. LeBlanc is adding some strength an more physicality to his game an should be okay. Where the issue is in my opinion is with Zottl, Graves & DiTomaso. Zottl has very slow feet, struggles to make outlet passes and in my opinion tends to make poor decisions with the puck. With that being said, he's physical, blocks shots and clears the net area fairly well. DiTomaso, is one of those guys who does nothing overly well, but also doesn't do anything overly bad. To me he's a neutral player. Graves should be moved, he has the same issue as DiTomaso, but has slow foot speed, isn't overly physical for his size, lacks offence and makes poor decisions for a "veteran". Gibson has showed fairly well, but at this time I'll reserve my opinion on him since he's only played a few games at the OHL level.

Having seen Mete play several Times last year he's a very exceptional player, would upgrade the d core, but at the same time plays a similar style as Day, LeBlanc and Walsh.. He's not exactly where I'd focus giving up multiple picks. Hauge should be given more opportunity as he's looked good. I think addin a mobile veterans defensive defenseman would make the most sense. Niagara, Peterborough, Guelph & Soo Sault Marie seem to have an abundance of D-Men I'd look to them as trade partners.

Torts

Aug 21, 2009
Ontario
If Mete is coming to Missy it's def gunna take all the picks we got back from the Carrick trade. I agree with Macker, is it too good of a thing to have 4 of the same kind of defensmen. DiTo and Graves have looked off this preseason giving the puck up a lot.

I'd rather the picks be used to pick up an impact forward, (import/OA/anyone else) but if Mete is was Boydy wants it would be great seeing the team add another 98 to a great young core.

Torts

Aug 21, 2009
Ontario
Devlin for DiTomaso? Picks added to balance it out.. We need a right handed shot defenseman with some experience. (That's not an OA)

In a heartbeat, DiTo has been sloppy this preseason. Dosn't look any better then last year. Take him!!!! Would love to have a dman with the offense and experience as Devlin.

Steel Toe

Oct 24, 2012
Caledon
In a heartbeat, DiTo has been sloppy this preseason. Dosn't look any better then last year. Take him!!!! Would love to have a dman with the offense and experience as Devlin.

Hey Torts,
Who do you think will be the Steelheads top Dman this year?
I've seen Sean Day play a few games this preseason and he looks great!
He looks a lot trimmer but apparently he put on weight , muscle mass I'm guessing .
He's 6'2 + , 230lbs and moves like the wind . And hits like a truck .
I'm looking forward to his 2nd year in the OHL , he should be the top dman closely behind will be Leblanc. Btw Devlin will be a welcome addition , a good OA veteran presence on the back end is needed.

Petes

Jun 23, 2014
I would take a chance on DiTomaso.(I'd prefer Walsh but that's obviously not very realistic.) I'm sure he can play better in the defense zone then Devlin. But.. Devlin will put the puck in net that's for sure.

Torts

Aug 21, 2009
Ontario
Hey Torts,
Who do you think will be the Steelheads top Dman this year?
I've seen Sean Day play a few games this preseason and he looks great!
He looks a lot trimmer but apparently he put on weight , muscle mass I'm guessing .
He's 6'2 + , 230lbs and moves like the wind . And hits like a truck .
I'm looking forward to his 2nd year in the OHL , he should be the top dman closely behind will be Leblanc. Btw Devlin will be a welcome addition , a good OA veteran presence on the back end is needed.

Day is the sexy pick and I'd love for it to be but his high risk high reward carrying the puck style is always gunna bite him in the rear end. It even does the the pro's, Karlsson doesn't always get away with everything and there are miscues.

I honestly think LeBlanc has a chance to be a semi-stud. He keeps it simple and hopefully can provide a little more offense this year. Invite to sens camp was great to see.

devils55

Mar 9, 2012
D-Core

Leblanc and Walsh are easily better than Sean Day right now! Day seems to have no compete level what so ever, he looks like he's never trying unless its going for a big hit or end to end rush and gets lost easily in the defensive zone. The kid has potential though, i'll give him that.

And I would trade Graves, Dito and Zottl (keep 1) for whatever you can get, give Gibson/Hague a shot and hopefully add another impact d-man to play in top 4 w/ Leblanc Walsh and Day

GuillaumeLetsundress*

Leblanc and Walsh are easily better than Sean Day right now! Day seems to have no compete level what so ever, he looks like he's never trying unless its going for a big hit or end to end rush and gets lost easily in the defensive zone. The kid has potential though, i'll give him that.

And I would trade Graves, Dito and Zottl (keep 1) for whatever you can get, give Gibson/Hague a shot and hopefully add another impact d-man to play in top 4 w/ Leblanc Walsh and Day

It sometimes seems that way with great skaters. I am always told that it looks like I am never trying very hard and I've been told I am a very good skater. Although it must be still frustrating to watch.. Just waiting for it all to kind of click into place with day, hopefully around mid season it will

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad