*OFFICIAL* Mississauga Steelheads 2014 Off-Season Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.

jpc7734

Sep 26, 2012
East Avenue
If you don't mind me asking where are your seats!

Glad to have more Steelheads fans each and every season!

I've already pm'd him an invite to section 20 if anyone else I reading here and considering steelheads tickets join us in 20 and lets try to make the Mississauga public librar....i mean the Hershey centre a little louder. :P

Petes

Jun 23, 2014
I think the Petes could have some interest in Graves.. A defensive dman who is a right handed shot.. Do you guys think he would be available?

mapleleaf979

Jan 14, 2012
Toronto, Ontario
When Noah Robinson is engaged physically and competing he is an impact player, I think thats a good signing by the Steelheads. Biggest strengths from what I see is heavy hitter, good wrist shot and can impact the game forechecking. Biggest weakness- in-consistent compete level. His strengths and weakness and his build are similar to Matt Frattin, relatively speaking.

Macker88

Jul 15, 2014
Toronto, Ontario
I believe Graves is available, with Day, DiTomaso, LeBlanc, Zottl, Walsh already locked into the top 5 and Stephen Gibson getting some time last year, an Nick Hague performing very well at the U-17 camps it seems Mississauga has some depth on the backend an will probably look to use one of those pieces to upgrade at forward. Graves seems the most likely to be moved, but Zottl or DiTomaso could bring More value, depending on who your trading with. In my opinion maybe packaging Graves with a forwar for a significant forward
Upgrade would make some sense.

Kingston, Sudbury, Guelph, Kitchener & Sarnia could all use help on the back end, while Peterborough, Ottawa, Windsor and Saginaw may all be seeking upgrades.

Torts

Aug 21, 2009
Ontario
Graves wouldn't fetch too muhc but would be nice to see him moved if it means more ice time and another chance for him. Hague + Gibson can fill that 6th spot

Great to hear those things about Robinson. If he's physical and engaged every game could be a good pick up.

As for another roster move, not sure what is out there. I would love for Boyd and co. to add another impact forward but it may not be out there.

OSA

Jun 11, 2011
With the Leafs signing William Nylander today, what are the odds he ends up in Mississauga for the upcoming year?

Torts

Aug 21, 2009
Ontario
With the Leafs signing William Nylander today, what are the odds he ends up in Mississauga for the upcoming year?

From what I hear, chances are next to nothing. Either he makes the Leafs or to the Marlies.

I'm hoping the AHL proves to strenous or injury filled for him and the Leafs make a knee jerk reaction and send him here. Would be a top flight talent in the O and would hopefully bump us up a little bit in everyone's projected standings :naughty:

Crottenham

Jul 14, 2011
From what I hear, chances are next to nothing. Either he makes the Leafs or to the Marlies.

I'm hoping the AHL proves to strenous or injury filled for him and the Leafs make a knee jerk reaction and send him here. Would be a top flight talent in the O and would hopefully bump us up a little bit in everyone's projected standings :naughty:

Given he played last season in the first and second division of Sweden's top pro leagues, the chances of him being in the OHL and developing against junior aged players are slim to none....just sayin'

Torts

Aug 21, 2009
Ontario
Given he played last season in the first and second division of Sweden's top pro leagues, the chances of him being in the OHL and developing against junior aged players are slim to none....just sayin'

A fan can dream, can't he

Steel Toe

Oct 24, 2012
Caledon
New addition ...

I like this pick up , 6ft 2" , 200 lbs forward who works hard and loves to be physical. A good power forward , who is also a great kid . Welcome to the Steelheads Adam!

Press release:

Mississauga, ON – The Mississauga Steelheads are pleased to announce that forward Adam Donnelly has committed to the team.

Donnelly, a native of Bolton, Ontario, played AAA hockey with the South Central Coyotes prior to joining the Lake Forest Academy (LFA) of the Mid West Prep Hockey League where he spent the past two seasons. During his last season with the LFA, Donnelly recorded 29 points (19 goals, 10 assists) in 35 games.

Head Coach and General Manager, James Boyd is excited to have Donnelly join the Steelheads line up, adding “Adam is a player who has made great strides at Lake Forest under coach Darrin Madeley. The Steelheads are pleased that Adam has committed to improving his hockey skills in Mississauga with the Steelheads.â€

The Steelheads welcome Adam and the Donnelly family to the Mississauga Steelheads organization.

Torts

Aug 21, 2009
Ontario
I like this pick up , 6ft 2" , 200 lbs forward who works hard and loves to be physical. A good power forward , who is also a great kid . Welcome to the Steelheads Adam!

Press release:

Mississauga, ON – The Mississauga Steelheads are pleased to announce that forward Adam Donnelly has committed to the team.

Donnelly, a native of Bolton, Ontario, played AAA hockey with the South Central Coyotes prior to joining the Lake Forest Academy (LFA) of the Mid West Prep Hockey League where he spent the past two seasons. During his last season with the LFA, Donnelly recorded 29 points (19 goals, 10 assists) in 35 games.

Head Coach and General Manager, James Boyd is excited to have Donnelly join the Steelheads line up, adding “Adam is a player who has made great strides at Lake Forest under coach Darrin Madeley. The Steelheads are pleased that Adam has committed to improving his hockey skills in Mississauga with the Steelheads.â€

The Steelheads welcome Adam and the Donnelly family to the Mississauga Steelheads organization.

Who is this guy? Not drafted by us and this signing came out of left field.

throw some impressions up here please and thanks Torts, I'm gonna miss today's getting out there tomorrow.

Will do, might not be able to get everyone but will post info on players who stand out.

Torts

Aug 21, 2009
Ontario
Just got back from Day 1 of scrimmages.

Players who stood out:
McLeod/Addesi/Dickerson line - created something every time they were out there. Would love to see all 3 make the team but wondering if Dickerson will commit.

Robinson - hit everything and created a couple turnovers. Good shot and held his own in powerplay situations.

Jason Smith - Though he played pretty well, had a couple chances.

Stephen Gibson - Looks bigger than last year, got some good pucks through from the point and moved the puck well.

Jesse Barwell - Looked great and made a couple slick plays with his hands.

Adam Donnelly - Just heard of this guy a couple hours ago but had 2 or 3 goals. Can move around the ice well for a big guy.

Austin Osmanski - Had a great shot from the point that went in and played well with Walsh all scrimmage. Wasn't afraid to dig and play physically.

jpc7734

Sep 26, 2012
East Avenue
Thanks for update Torts, sounds like there is a lot to be excited about this season.

I like how our teams coming together just the goalie situation that scares me after this year any thoughts on the guys in net today?

Side note: Steelheads single game tickets popped up on ticketmaster going on sale 10 AM Monday Sept. 8th for anyone looking to pack the pond for the home opener.

Ringing Iron

May 8, 2011
Nic Hague continues to impress me. Steady Eddie out there. He's going to be a good shutdown Dman

Jesse Barwell - liked him since his Oakville days and he looks poised for a breakout. Creative and unpredictable approaches seem to help him create something every shift

Marcus Dickerson - another pleasent surprise. Hungry for loose pucks and once he gets them, he reacts quickly. Had a beauty goal top shelf on a pass from McLeod

Alex Way - undersized but he's a smart player. Will need to play elsewhere for a year but a player to watch long forward

Mikey McLeod - was excellent and how about that first goal to end the period? Wow. Just wow.

Stephen Gibson caught my eye immediately. He's come a long LONG way since his Kitchener MM days. Showed great mobility, confidence with the puck and made some nice hits.

Joey Molinaro - one of the better offensive players out there. Ability to change direction and handle the puck through it is very strong.

Robinson was okay. Donnelly okay too. Nothing overly special today tho

Didn't like how the scrimmages were formatted with the PP periods. Let's see what these kids can do at full strength.

Torts

Aug 21, 2009
Ontario
Nic Hague continues to impress me. Steady Eddie out there. He's going to be a good shutdown Dman

Jesse Barwell - liked him since his Oakville days and he looks poised for a breakout. Creative and unpredictable approaches seem to help him create something every shift

Marcus Dickerson - another pleasent surprise. Hungry for loose pucks and once he gets them, he reacts quickly. Had a beauty goal top shelf on a pass from McLeod

Alex Way - undersized but he's a smart player. Will need to play elsewhere for a year but a player to watch long forward

Mikey McLeod - was excellent and how about that first goal to end the period? Wow. Just wow.

Stephen Gibson caught my eye immediately. He's come a long LONG way since his Kitchener MM days. Showed great mobility, confidence with the puck and made some nice hits.

Joey Molinaro - one of the better offensive players out there. Ability to change direction and handle the puck through it is very strong.

Robinson was okay. Donnelly okay too. Nothing overly special today tho

Didn't like how the scrimmages were formatted with the PP periods. Let's see what these kids can do at full strength.

Think Dickerson commits?

And yes that goal at the end of the first left everyone speechless. Definately a did you see that moment.

What about the goalies?

The scrimmage I went to had Zanussie vs. Hertz, both were decent but I figure they will be at the Jr A level. I imagine it's Martin and Carty again this year. Krol could slip in their and win the backup job from Carty.

EON

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
May 31, 2013
Raleigh, NC
MISSISSAUGA STEELHEADS

Goaltenders:
Dawson Carty
Spencer Martin

Defense:
Day-Walsh
Zottl-Graves
DiTomaso-Gibson

Forwards:
MacIntyre-Barwell-Goldberg
Thompson-Bastian-Gerhart
Bourne-McLeod-Venuto
Smith-Clark-Robinson

How close to the Steelheads "A" team is this? I don't know their roster that well.

3-2 Erie after the first.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad