Confirmed with Link: OFFICIAL: Martin St-Louis is the 32nd head coach in Canadiens history (3 year contract)

durojean

May 29, 2007
There's tons wrong with the video.

Do you have any idea of what he wants PK to do, other than practice like he plays? Cause it's extremely unclear what Therrien is asking from Subban. He just said skate and move the puck. Skate where, move the puck to who; when do I move the puck, is it after the first forechecker, before?

He couldn't communicate a god damn thing and instead just yelled at people.

At the end when PK, after being berated says "Coach, I have a question".. do you think Therrien gave a good response to that? Because he didn't give any additional information to PK.
Pretty sure the real message was don't overthink it, you are not in your game. I expect more.

He basically told him, it is not about the play, it's about the attitude. You are not moving your feet. You played egoist.

WeThreeKings

Habs cup - its in the BAG
Sep 19, 2006
Halifax
Pretty sure the real message was don't overthink it, you are not in your game. I expect more.

He basically told him, it is not about the play, it's about the attitude. You are not moving your feet. You played egoist.

Yeah, that's not good coaching. It's not good communication. It's literally nothing.

George Lebay

Feb 17, 2012
Laval
Do you guys think that deep down inside, MSL would rather coach the Bolts ?
I mean... if you gave him the choice..
Is he here to learn the job and hopes to someday become TB's head coach ?
I'm happy to have him here.. It's just something I'm thinking about since he's been hired.

26Mats

Jun 23, 2018
I'm happy to have him here.. It's just something I'm thinking about since he's been hired.

Coach's tend not to coach in one place for long. I could see him coaching in Tampa one day. But any coach should just be happy to have an NHL job, given how often they get fired.

Reactions: George Lebay

WeThreeKings

Habs cup - its in the BAG
Sep 19, 2006
Halifax

He divorced with the Bolts. So no, I think he wants to be here because there's family connections.

Vachon23

Oct 14, 2015
Victoriaville
I'm not that sure to be honest for many reasons:

- His familiarity with the Habs Management (Great relationship with Gorton/Hughes/Vinny). He hasn't that close relationship with any other staff
- MTL is close from his home and he's closer from his dad
- Pretty sure John Cooper have a close to lifetime contract with Tampa with all he accomplish there

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad