*OFFICIAL* London Knights 2014 Off-Season Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.

aresknights

Dec 27, 2009
london
That's a very loaded question and you know. Considering there are only 2 GM's in the OHL currently that have ever won a Memorial Cup why would somebody be surprised at a GM's response? How can a GM respectfully answer that question when they haven't even experienced winning a Memorial Cup? The only answer he can give is what he feels it's not based off anything of substance.

I did say hocky people and not GMs, but I get your gist.

Many havent an OHL title either so the point is?

Some covet the Memorial Cup, some their league titles, no biggie. But to keep regurgitating the same five facts over and over on a London board to defend a Spits fan POV I dont get. I like discussions but Im sure I could pull 25 HL posts fropm the last year saying the exact same stuff over n over n over from here :)

Last edited:

hockeylegend11

Sep 11, 2010
Knights

So Windsor is in year 3 of the rebuild and according to you are at the same stage of a rebuild as a team coming off a very very solid 3, yr run only entering yr one of a rebuild, ;)

LasTt London true sell-/ rebuild year London won the OHL the next year. That's how it's done and why I'd take Mark to get the job done moving forward

Time will tell if Boug/Warren got lucky or if they can find more succes

The one thing I forgot to say about London's first yr in a rebuild and winning the OHL was the next 2 years they got worse not better, yeah an OHl championship and then humbled rather easily in Men Cup play, this past yr won't remind you again, think u get my point, perhaps that luck thing u brought up re Boughner and Rychel happened in year 1 , worse from there, not the way its suppose to play out right?

aresknights

Dec 27, 2009
london
HL Mark did the rebuild and did it well, Rychel still trying to find some direction.

The got the 2 titles (and good on them) but really have been irrevelant since (yaddy yaddy top 4 lol-- even the London team that sold everything that year gave the Sound a tougher matchup) and you cant say otherwise without making up excuses.

Im confident London will be more relevant in West Conf races, challenging for future OHL titles ect... the next 5 years even though were are 3 years behind the sputtering Spits rebuild ;)

RayzorIsDull

Nov 16, 2007
bp on hfboards

Some covet the Memorial Cup, some their league titles, no biggie. But to keep regurgitating the same five facts over and over on a London board to defend a Spits fan POV I dont get. I like discussions but Im sure I could pull 25 HL posts fropm the last year saying the exact same stuff over n over n over from here :)

I am not saying this from a Spits POV but when Sean mentions 10-15 GM's I don't like that type of question as evidenced from my previous comment. Like you said there aren't many OHL GM's that have won an OHL title. Rychel, Hunter, Bassin, Kelly and???

hockeylegend11

Sep 11, 2010
Gms

Including Rychel and Hunter there are 5 OHL GMs who have won a title
The others are Sherry Bassen, Dale Defray and Mike Vellucci
How's that for non regurgated info aresknights lol

SeanLafortune

@SeanLafortune
Jun 13, 2013
www.thescout.ca
I am not saying this from a Spits POV but when Sean mentions 10-15 GM's I don't like that type of question as evidenced from my previous comment. Like you said there aren't many OHL GM's that have won an OHL title. Rychel, Hunter, Bassin, Kelly and???

Just because you haven't done something doesn't take away your ability to have an educated opinion on that subject. If that where the case then fans like yourself couldn't have an opinion on how teams where built, they've never done it before, correct?

End of the day, take it for what it is, information.

OHLTG

Nov 18, 2008
behind lens, Ontario
So they didn't rebuild properly the past 3 years? Finally you admit it. I don't believe in this chatter only because it lasted for such a short period. Why did it last such a short period? Well that's because it was a flawed team and everything had to go right for this team to have any success.

LOL the chatter only lasted for you for a short period because that's how long you stayed at the arena. Trust me, there was plenty of "this team can make some noise" talk throughout the year.

What's this talk about Windsor success v. London success? I swear, this is a slightly dead horse. Still, count me in amongst those who would rather win the MC, followed by avg years.

this portion was fact filled
this portion made me want to vomit.

What's this talk about Windsor success v. London success? I swear, this is a slightly dead horse.
Is the horse actually dead if you can prop it up in the corner and still ride it?

hockeylegend11

Sep 11, 2010

I forgot about Mike Kelly,my bad,to me he is best gm in the league

aresknights

Dec 27, 2009
london
Average years :). No PO game W in 3 years is average? BAr is low isnt it ;)

I get what your saying OHL and hope alls well.

Yes HL, better.

RayzorIsDull

Nov 16, 2007
bp on hfboards
Just because you haven't done something doesn't take away your ability to have an educated opinion on that subject. If that where the case then fans like yourself couldn't have an opinion on how teams where built, they've never done it before, correct?

End of the day, take it for what it is, information.

I disagree 100%. Judging how a team is built is a black and white issue derived from the win/loss record of the team and the success on the ice. It doesn't take a smart person to come to the conclusion some organizations are poorly run that can be researched from drafting record, trade success etc..

You're right on polling GM's though it's strictly based on their opinion but if a GM has experienced neither it really isn't an informed opinion based on any information except for how he feels.

hockeylegend11

Sep 11, 2010
HL Mark did the rebuild and did it well, Rychel still trying to find some direction.

The got the 2 titles (and good on them) but really have been irrevelant since (yaddy yaddy top 4 lol-- even the London team that sold everything that year gave the Sound a tougher matchup) and you cant say otherwise without making up excuses.

Im confident London will be more relevant in West Conf races, challenging for future OHL titles ect... the next 5 years even though were are 3 years behind the sputtering Spits rebuild ;)

You never answered my question,were they better or worse after the 1st yr of rebuild and winning the ohl title
As for the final 4 after winning 2 mem cups its certainly better then being dispatched in the 2nd rd in a hosting yr,no excuses for the Knights this past yr that u cant deny

Wow...you lasted a whole 20 minutes...good job:laugh:

and then humbled rather easily in Men Cup play, this past yr won't remind you again, think u get my point,
As for the final 4 after winning 2 mem cups its certainly better then being dispatched in the 2nd rd in a hosting yr,no excuses for the Knights this past yr that u cant deny

Duke Guy

Sep 10, 2013
The total number of OHL playoff wins over the past 3 years is:

London 37

Windsor 0

Carry on...

hockeylegend11

Sep 11, 2010
The total number of OHL playoff wins over the past 3 years is:

London 37

Windsor 0

Carry on...