*OFFICIAL* London Knights 2014 Off-Season Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.

aresknights

Dec 27, 2009
london
Not surprised with most of your list,except for Horvat,you have been gushing about
him since he arrived,justified by the way,and unless he was hurt something changed with him from the Guelph series thru this tournament,of the 3 ,Domi and Z,I could
see him back in Jrs because they cant send him to the AHL
Perhaps he has mentally checked out of the O,will be tough if other then injury to move
o

He's been a different player lately. I couldn't count the number of cross ice passes of his got picked yesterday, but he showed some effort.
I know Bo was the golden child for many ( and I was a fan ) but early as later last year I knew I couldn't put him in that next knights captain. , great leader, type guy. Yes he had a great PO but there was a carrot dangling. Different player this year.
I won't get into rumors, dressing room chat, arena talk in public forum.
Definitely a huge contributor for this teams run, I just feel I wanted more from a "team" guy. Not talking his skill level but some of the intangibles. It's one reason I tended to stick up for Domi when the comparisons arouse. And Domi is hard to defend at times. But his on ice stupidness is no more harmful to a teams success as the intangibles we thought were there but were t present

I wish both the best of luck and hope they become solid pros

SWScout

May 22, 2014
This year will be etched our collective memory for the failure at the Memorial Cup. Regardless of the results at the past two Cups, I will still fondly remember watching Tinordi and Harrington lift the JRR Cup. To each their own, I still don't consider the past two years as failures, but this year was an out and out failure.

aresknights

Dec 27, 2009
london
I'll remember all the years.
Some great years and tons of great moments.
This year is my most disappointing as a fan, by far.

London*

I sat through every game of the 3-60-3 season. This year ranks above that season as far as disappointment goes.

I'm going to be mad for awhile, I don't know how anyone couldn't be.

Definitely won't be excited for next year as I usually am.

RayzorIsDull

Nov 16, 2007
bp on hfboards
Is it a foregone conclusion that Zadorov is done in London? He's a 95 correct?

“It was a tough loss,†said Zadorov. “It is tough to say goodbye to London. It was the best two years of my life. “But we lost and we have nothing to say.â€

bonksman

Sep 5, 2013
to add insult to hurt already, i looked this up for fun, we all know the 2003 Quebec Remparts were the only host team ever to go 0-3 before this years Knights, but they were close in games at least, scored 8 g gave up 12, this years knights score 4 G give up 13!!! so officially the worst host ever????? really over three years, an ineptitude to score when it matters cost the Knights, 4 goals for this whole tournament, 1 goal in last years semi final, 1 goal in 2012 final.

hockeylegend11

Sep 11, 2010
Is it a foregone conclusion that Zadorov is done in London? He's a 95 correct?

“It was a tough loss,†said Zadorov. “It is tough to say goodbye to London. It was the best two years of my life. “But we lost and we have nothing to say.â€

I saw that too and wondered

Perhaps Buffalo told him when they sent him down,dont worry kid u will

be here next yr or worse for London"s sake,if u dont make it here we will loan

to the KHL,instead of going back to jrs

aresknights

Dec 27, 2009
london
Not worse for London's sake if he goes KHL, HL.
In a rebuild year no need for him to be taking a spot loafing around

He won't be back.

And he if by miracle he was they wouldn't trade him. The rebuild will go just fine without him

hockeylegend11

Sep 11, 2010
Not worse for London's sake if he goes KHL, HL.
In a rebuild year no need for him to be taking a spot loafing around

He won't be back.

And he if by miracle he was they wouldn't trade him

Worse not because he would be in London but to be a prime

trade candidate to get assets,Im trying to help u here

feel so maligned:)

Worse not because he would be in London but to be a prime

trade candidate to get assets,Im trying to help u here

feel so maligned:)

I don't want him back just to trade him...in fact..I don't want him back at all. The ship has sailed..time to move on with youth and pride. Same goes for the others on my original list. If they're returned...deal 'em before they don the jersey again. Their era is done.

hockeylegend11

Sep 11, 2010
I don't want him back just to trade him...in fact..I don't want him back at all. The ship has sailed..time to move on with youth and pride.

Pretty harsh stuff PP31,u have quite a list of unwanted returnees,is your disappointment that deep? and I am not trying to be smart

Pretty harsh stuff PP31,u have quite a list of unwanted returnees,is your disappointment that deep? and I am not trying to be smart

No its not harsh. The ship has sailed. That core had 3 cracks and came up empty each time. Time to let some youth and pride take over. Yes I'm disappointed...but I'm over it. Let's start 2014-2015 clean...the old core gone.

aresknights

Dec 27, 2009
london
Just time to turn the page.

They had a great run, but it's obviously over, or was a while back.
No need to use the Celtics of the late 80s approach here.

hockeylegend11

Sep 11, 2010
No its not harsh. The ship has sailed. That core had 3 cracks and came up empty each time. Time to let some youth and pride take over. Yes I'm disappointed...but I'm over it. Let's start 2014-2015 clean...the old core gone.

That being said,if the rumours u are hearing come to fruition,who runs the Knights
Jeff Twohey perhaps did a nice job in Oshawa the last 2 yrs and is quite respected
Too bad he could not bring DJ Smith with him,was a nice combo

Hockey Dad 1

Aug 1, 2013
Exactly. It's over. Start fresh and leave the past where it belongs..in the past.
I really loved watching Domi skating around with the puck on the PP, then trying to get through 3 guys and loose it, not only once . Now they are sitting back wondering why Guelph was so deadly on their PP. WOW!!!!

That being said,if the rumours u are hearing come to fruition,who runs the Knights
Jeff Twohey perhaps did a nice job in Oshawa the last 2 yrs and is quite respected
Too bad he could not bring DJ Smith with him,was a nice combo

If the rumours are true...I would think the Hunters have already picked a successor. The main rumour I've heard has a 5 year clause in it. I guess we'll all wait and see.

RoyalCitySlicker

Sep 6, 2013
I'll keep this brief as I would imagine no one really wants to hear this right now...

Congrats on a great run. After years of Guelph having their lunch handed to them, it was nice to return the favour and be on the other end for a change!

It likely won't seem like it right now, but it's been a helluva three years for you guys....sure it could have ended better, but when you consider the success the Knights have enjoyed, especially the two OHL Championships, you have to be pretty happy - not many fans, if any, have enjoyed the type of sustained success the Knights have, and I think (and hope) in time you look back on the good, and not so much the bad.

The sour ending is what it is though, and I can't blame you guys (and gals) for being upset...just trying to offer some perspective.

To the Knights fans I have met and interacted with on these boards and others, I hope you have a great summer and look forward to renewing the rivalry again in September. To those Knights fans who choose to be jerks in defeat, I hope that you feel better. I'm sure it won't be long until London is on top again.

Here's hoping the Storm can close the deal on Sunday, and here's hoping a few Knights' fans hop on board the bandwagon, and cheer for a real winner ;) Kidding...I'm sure it's an anyone but Guelph mentality...and I don't blame you!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad