*OFFICIAL* London Knights 2014 Off-Season Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.

aresknights

Dec 27, 2009
london
Can't say I was impressed with what I saw from this Knights "team" in the Memorial Cup.
Each game was worse than the previous.
It is what it is.
Time for Mark n company to look ahead. (I'll be a bit nervous until a certain rumor goes away :))
They've obviously got a few nice pieces moving forward.
Marner n Dvorak proved as rookies they have skill necessary to be top 6 guys in the future.
Lots of options for role guys
Jamieson and others will be forced to get up to speed quick. (I figure a depth vet D will be added)
Goaltending- not sure what they'll do. Got a few kids they're high on but going with no vet? Not sure.
Plenty of high end US talent drafted, just gotta convince a few to show up.
Gleason signed and should grab a D spot, others will follow.

Without getting to negative :)
Time to go Tierney, Bo, Domi, Zad n Rups. I realize there is a chance one or two of these come back but I'd rather just start over. Move any n all that come back and do it early,
All have contributed a lot the last three years as knights. But it's time for a new core to start taking shape

aresknights

Dec 27, 2009
london
Hopefully some of the vets are forced to stick around and watch the finals.
Should be a house of crimson.

I'm not going to lie, go Edmonton :)

But that Guelph team has their mojo at a peak at the right time!

Without getting to negative :)
Time to go Tierney, Bo, Domi, Zad n Rups. I realize there is a chance one or two of these come back but I'd rather just start over. Move any n all that come back and do it early,
All have contributed a lot the last three years as knights. But it's time for a new core to start taking shape

I don't want to see any of them return...not even as OA's. These are the players I hope have played their last game in a Knights uniform aside from the obvious OA's. Time for a changing of the guard.

Domi
Horvat
Rupert x 2
Tierney
Anderson
Patterson
Stolarz
McCarron
Zadorov

Time for an influx of youth and pride.

aresknights

Dec 27, 2009
london
On the same page PP. This era is done. Clean the slate and start over.

They'll be some growing pains but that's what it's all about.
Lots of positives n potential to look forward to.

London*

I don't want to see any of them return...not even as OA's. These are the players I hope have played their last game in a Knights uniform aside from the obvious OA's. Time for a changing of the guard.

Domi
Horvat
Rupert x 2
Tierney
Anderson
Patterson
Stolarz
McCarron
Zadorov

I'm still disappointed Seguin didn't get a game in.

Give me a full team of Yak's and segiuins for this tournament any day of the week.

Last edited by a moderator:

bonksman

Sep 5, 2013

Domi
Horvat
Rupert x 2
Tierney
Anderson
Patterson
Stolarz
McCarron
Zadorov

i totally agree PP, i think a lot of these veterans have nothing left to prove, at least here, and time for them to go somewhere else, whether moving up the ranks or a different team in jr

hockeylegend11

Sep 11, 2010
I'm still disappointed Seguin didn't get a game in.

Give me a full team of Yak's and segiuins for this tournament any of the week.

I think MacDonald should have got a game in too,would not have said earlier in the season

Duke Guy

Sep 10, 2013
With the Knights losing at least 9 players from the current roster do fans see another 100 point season next year?

SWScout

May 22, 2014
The return for Bo, Domi or Zadarov would be enormous and would hasten the rebuild. Wely and Mermis would be my two OA's and maybe Paterson. The Ruperts should be done and I pray to god not even one of them is back. Their performance has dropped each year and they are more of a distraction than anything. Last night each one was in box when Guelph scores and Dale puts them right back out. What type of message does that send to the rest of the team?

The Hunter's have done so much for this team and in turn the city. It would be a shame to see them move on, but that time is coming near. Keep hearing rumours they have bought Sarnia and Global Spectrum has bought the Knights. Mark would be the key loss. His talent for finding players is the best in all of junior hockey and that would be impossible to replace. Dale on the other hand, seems to have checked out just like some of the players. He has been coaching this team for 13 years (brief stint in Washington) and it might be time to turn the reins over to someone a bit younger and with some new ideas.

Junior hockey sees way more turnover that the pros so coaches tend to become stale when in one situation too long. You don't see that in junior due to players coming and going. This year may have been a product of too many players having had Dale for too long and becoming stale. I really hope the Hunters do not leave, but perhaps it might be best for the team if Dale stepped aside.

hockeylegend11

Sep 11, 2010

Domi
Horvat
Rupert x 2
Tierney
Anderson
Patterson
Stolarz
McCarron
Zadorov

Not surprised with most of your list,except for Horvat,you have been gushing about
him since he arrived,justified by the way,and unless he was hurt something changed with him from the Guelph series thru this tournament,of the 3 ,Domi and Z,I could
see him back in Jrs because they cant send him to the AHL
Perhaps he has mentally checked out of the O,will be tough if other then injury to move
As for the goalies you hitched your wagon to the wrong guy in Stolarz,myself and others talked about his lack of mental ability dating back to last yr and this year was no different
Paterson got the Rodney Dangerfield treatment and I would think is unlikely to return
While Stolarz cant score goals when its 2-1,he cant allow a bad goal,that there was the final nail in the Knights season
I am glad Philly has him,think I will take Bibeau and Sparks in Toronto,dont think he ready to turn pro

London*

One thing I forgot to mention... when it was 2-1 for the Storm... and Guelph went on the PP... and later scored, did anyone else notice Dale put McCarron out on the penalty kill? Guelph scored on the power play, with McCarron on the ice, being a pylon.

My question was, in a 2-1 game... why the hell was McCarron on the ice on the PK, the kid couldn't skate to save his life.. did I miss something during the regular season, has he done this before?

London*

Not surprised with most of your list,except for Horvat,you have been gushing about
him since he arrived,justified by the way,and unless he was hurt something changed with him from the Guelph series thru this tournament,of the 3 ,Domi and Z,I could
Perhaps he has mentally checked out of the O,will be tough if other then injury to move
As for the goalies you hitched your wagon to the wrong guy in Stolarz,myself and others talked about his lack of mental ability dating back to last yr and this year was no different
Paterson got the Rodney Dangerfield treatment and I would think is unlikely to return
While Stolarz cant score goals when its 2-1,he cant allow a bad goal,that there was the final nail in the Knights season
I am glad Philly has him,think I will take Bibeau and Sparks in Toronto,dont think he ready to turn pro

Horvat's play has gone WAY down since March. He's digressed a lot.

I think Horvat has played his way out of a spot on the canucks as well.

I wouldn't have minded seeing McDonald get a game in at all.

DrJenniferHanson

Cursed By A Gypsy
Aug 31, 2011
43° N lat 81° W long
With the Knights losing at least 9 players from the current roster do fans see another 100 point season next year?

Nowhere close, and I'm fine with it for a rebuilding year.

I just want to see heart and pride for a change. To take the biggest financial bath of my life to watch Zadorov exert no effort on multiple goals this tournament was a bitter pill to swallow. Not many experiences could match the torture of a task like spitting on my father's grave but reliving witnessing some heartless efforts for the money paid could contend.

aresknights

Dec 27, 2009
london
One thing I forgot to mention... when it was 2-1 for the Storm... and Guelph went on the PP... and later scored, did anyone else notice Dale put McCarron out on the penalty kill? Guelph scored on the power play, with McCarron on the ice, being a pylon.

My question was, in a 2-1 game... why the hell was McCarron on the ice on the PK, the kid couldn't skate to save his life.. did I miss something during the regular season, has he done this before?

I maybe mistaken but.
Was that not a four on four that led into the PP?
He got caught when the Storm penalty ended.
Not saying he shoulda been out 4 on 4 but I don't know that Dylan tapped him to kill a penalty

I didn't "hitch my wagon" to either of them..I've been in both kids corner since day one. Not their fault they have no coaching.

Question?...have you ever made a post that doesn't have a little dig attached?

Doesn't it get old?

And this is coming from a pretty sarcastic poster.

CharlieGirl

Thank you Mr. Snider
Jun 24, 2003
Kitchener, ON
Visit site
Nowhere close, and I'm fine with it for a rebuilding year.

I just want to see heart and pride for a change.

This is precisely how we felt a year ago in Kitchener. We'd watched a slew of very talented individuals who forgot how to play or wouldn't/couldn't play as a team, and got the results they deserved.

This year sucked as a Rangers fan, but I saw more heart out of the rookies and sophomores this year than I saw out of the stars last year.

London*

I maybe mistaken but.
Was that not a four on four that led into the PP?
He got caught when the Storm penalty ended.
Not saying he shoulda been out 4 on 4 but I don't know that Dylan tapped him to kill a penalty

Yup, very good memory..

but they put him out there with 15-20 seconds left of the 4-4... obviously knowing he was about to be out there killing a penalty. Then 30 seconds into the penalty or so, with McCarron still on the ice, they score to make it 3-1. Do you really want McCarron on in that situation? It really killed the momentum we had after scoring.

Hell, do you even want McCarron on in a 4-4 situation? He's not that type of player.

I wasn't impressed by the coaching decisions in the tournament either. Failure all around.

Jennifer, Zadorov clearly didn't give a single crap out there, looked lazy and uninterested the entire time. Which really bothered me as well, he can make a difference in any game he CHOOSES to.

DrJenniferHanson

Cursed By A Gypsy
Aug 31, 2011
43° N lat 81° W long
I don't blame Mark or Dale one iota. I maintain that majority of the players at least played hard, "well" varies from player-to-player. I applaud the organization, the Hunter's, employees, associates and those players.

In 14 years as a STH, the lack of a genuine effort from a select few players constituted the first time I have ever felt insulted during my time in London. I will be damned if I ever see those select players don the London Knight crest again. Yes, I am a bitter *****.

Again, this is irrelevant to the outcomes, the organization, or majority of the players. This is reserved for a select few.

Time for a new core next year -- let's christen the Renaissance Era.

SWScout

May 22, 2014
We also several of those players to thank for bringing London two J. Ross Robertson Cups. I, along with others are forgetting the great times of the past two past years. This group accomplished something never done in Knights history, back to back championships. Even the great 05 team could not do that.

London*

We also several of those players to thank for bringing London two J. Ross Robertson Cups. I, along with others are forgetting the great times of the past two past years. This group accomplished something never done in Knights history, back to back championships. Even the great 05 team could not do that.

Don't kid yourself.

The team will be remembered for this years absolute embarrassment, and the failure of the past two memorial cups.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad