*OFFICIAL* London Knights 2014 Off-Season Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.

DrJenniferHanson

Cursed By A Gypsy
Aug 31, 2011
43° N lat 81° W long
Everyone is entitled to their own opinion on things. Opinions are like a certain part of the anatomy...everybody has one.

Steps to dealing with such opinions

1. locate a grain of salt
2. take said grain of salt
3. repeat if necessary

Keep the personal attacks out guys.

Pointing out that one's posting history correlates with conspiracies devoid of substance constitutes a "personal attack"?

nelli27

May 21, 2011
London, Ontario
Dear Brazilian football fans,

I know how you're feeling.....trust me, I'd know! :(

But at least Tim Bender finally has something to smile about. :)

In other news, the Conservative government is considering making it LEGAL for the Hunters to sell the Knights, but ILLEGAL for anyone to buy the team! oh, never mind...it's been a long day. :naughty:

imarriedawitch

Criticism ad nauseam is abuse.
Sep 22, 2013
London<>Las Vegas
Everyone is entitled to their own opinion on things. Opinions are like a certain part of the anatomy...everybody has one.

Steps to dealing with such opinions

1. locate a grain of salt
2. take said grain of salt
3. repeat if necessary

Keep the personal attacks out guys.

I don't think people have a problem with differing opinions. It's the incessant repetition of those opinions and the constant rehashing of every little grievance or perceived injustice from the past that wears really thin.

RayzorIsDull

Nov 16, 2007
bp on hfboards
Your first paragraph just highlights what a ridiculous notion it is to annoint the best GM based solely on Memorial Cup wins. You proved my point which I was questioning the other poster on. Then he admitted it was a personal thing - no need to say anymore.

I disagree with a lot of the last paragraph. Facilities didn't draft Perry, Quincey, Syvret, Methot, Coleman, Nash, etc as those happened before 2002. What's the excuse for having poor drafts in 2007 and 2012 then? They had the facilities. Hunter must just be a moron, right? Or maybe all teams have good drafts and bad drafts over their lifetime in an OHL front office?

I don't believe I have correlated ranking the best GM with strictly winning Memorial Cups. I would say the 07 and 12 drafts selecting a goalie in the 1st round would reduce your odds of a successful draft quite drastically just my opinion though.

hardoil3232

Mar 3, 2011
I always get a kick out of how much Knights fans hate hearing the truth. If Mark Hunter was so smart, and so great, why haven't other teams / organizations come looking for him? You would think a billionaire owner of a struggling NHL team would want a guy as "successful" as Hunter to turn the ship around. Or maybe Hockey Canada would beg him to come on board. But nope, not at all. David Branch had to strong arm Hockey Canada into even considering Hunter. When has Branch ever done that for another coach? Face it, everyone in hockey knows why London is "successful".

how do you know that mark has not been offered a nhl gm,s job

OHLTG

Nov 18, 2008
behind lens, Ontario
Not sure it's fair to say drafting a goalie in the first round reduces your chances of a good draft. It's not a smart move, but it doesn't affect the rest of the draft.

As far as facilities and talent - facilities don't draft talent, but you can't always get the talent you want if you have a poor facility. Drafting is 1/2 the process; the other half being able to sign the picks.

Nabru

Aug 29, 2009
I don't believe I have correlated ranking the best GM with strictly winning Memorial Cups. I would say the 07 and 12 drafts selecting a goalie in the 1st round would reduce your odds of a successful draft quite drastically just my opinion though.

Not you.

aresknights

Dec 27, 2009
london
Not sure it's fair to say drafting a goalie in the first round reduces your chances of a good draft. It's not a smart move, but it doesn't affect the rest of the draft.

As far as facilities and talent - facilities don't draft talent, but you can't always get the talent you want if you have a poor facility. Drafting is 1/2 the process; the other half being able to sign the picks.

True enough but it's not just the facility mentioned earlier it's the development, billets, schools, comfort level with staff. A lot more goes into the sell job than the facility you play in. And so it should. Parents gotta trust the situation is right

the man22

Jun 11, 2014
Let's try this again

Let's get back on track. Knights sign their 3rd round pick and he is from Windsor. Ooooh Windsor.

Eric Henderson
Left Wing
Born April 23, 1998 – Windsor, ON
Height 5.11.5 – Weight 167lbs – Shoots L
Season Team League GP G A P PIM
2013-14 Sun County Panthers M. Midget AAA AliMin 32 17 11 28 8
2013-14 Leamington Flyers GOJHL 5 4 2 6 2

Played 17 playoff games and had 3 goals, 3 A for 6 points. Played 5 games in the Sutherland Cup with 0 points.

All this done as a 15 year old. Is this the offensive D that the Knights needed for the future?

DrJenniferHanson

Cursed By A Gypsy
Aug 31, 2011
43° N lat 81° W long
All this done as a 15 year old. Is this the offensive D that the Knights needed for the future?

Are you implying Hunter might move Henderson back? I doubt it, Henderson's style is advertised as a player who dominates the boards with a goal scoring touch. Plus, I believe the days of moving forwards back are officially over with 3 97s and 2 98s before you even include the US fliers or 96+s, but that prediction might go as well as Holmgren'a declaration that Bryzgalov solves Philadelphia's crease problem for a decade.

I see Henderson moving up a line each year before topping out on the second line: 3rd/4th in '15, 3rd/4th in '16, 2nd in '17, 2nd in '18. Henderson battles Miromanov/Elie/Seguin for the 3LW slot these next 2 years, unless London simply fails to obtain 4 top-6 forwards in 14 months, then Henderson moves up by default.

Last edited:

the man22

Jun 11, 2014
Are you implying Hunter might move Henderson back? I doubt it, Henderson's style is advertised as a player who dominates the boards with a goal scoring touch. Plus, I believe the days of moving forwards back are officially over with 3 97s and 2 98s before you even include the US fliers or 96+s, but that prediction might go as well as Holmgren'a declaration that Bryzgalov solves Philadelphia's crease problem for a decade.

I see Henderson moving up a line each year before topping out on the second line: 3rd/4th in '15, 3rd/4th in '16, 2nd in '17, 2nd in '18. Henderson battles Miromanov/Elie/Seguin for the 3LW slot these next 2 years, unless London simply fails to obtain 4 top-6 forwards in 14 months, then Henderson moves up by default.

Yes I was being a smart a$$. I believe this gives London 5 16 years that they have signed.
Buch, Gleason, Rysmsha, Nother and now Henderson. One of these guys will not make the team and I really hope the Knights send him to the Nationals along with Verra who has yet to sign.

hockeylegend11

Sep 11, 2010
Henderson

Solid pick,should do well, was picked about where was rated 3rd or 4th rounder,wish
Windsor had selected him,though Windsor did not have a pick in the 3rd,would have been gone by the time they would select
I have not seen him play but have heard great things about him
While not having eye popping numbers,I am told one of those players who
will play better at higher level,its like some guys are good in the AHL play better at the NHL level,he appears to be one of those type of players,smart selection

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad