*OFFICIAL* Kitchener Rangers 2014 Off-Season Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.

Melrose

May 8, 2014
It has actually been reported since that there was a brine leak in that area to cause the soft spot.

bobber

Jan 21, 2013
Kitchener Ontario
Don't know if it's just me but I can't see the Rangers going to far with the same goal tending as last season. Brown thinks they need more time and he may be right and I hope he is but it could be an issue going forward.

Tim Wallach

Oct 9, 2007
Kitchener, Ontario
Don't know if it's just me but I can't see the Rangers going to far with the same goal tending as last season. Brown thinks they need more time and he may be right and I hope he is but it could be an issue going forward.

To paraphrase Einstein, the definition of insanity is going with Jordan Dekort as your starter after watching last season.

What do they expect to change? There's being patient and giving a guy a chance and then there's just a moronic lack of admitting the obvious.

Ward Cornell

Dec 22, 2007
Game report courtesy of the Steelheads website.
http://mississaugasteelheads.com/article/rangers-shut-out-steelheads-in-streetsville

STREETSVILLE, ON – The Mississauga Steelheads continued their pre-season action this afternoon in Streetsville against the Kitchener Rangers. The Rangers captured the win at home in the first game of the home and home series, and would carry that momentum into this game as well. It was end-to-end action early in the first period with Kitchener opening the scoring at 8:35. Maaskant picked up the first goal off an assist from Magyar. Riding the momentum from the opening goal, the Rangers kept up the pressure as Mense-Dietrich netted an unassisted goal to put the Rangers up by two midway through the period. Working to find their stride, the Steelheads were hit by some bad luck as Venuto headed to the penalty box to serve two minutes for a delay of game. Not letting up, Kitchener cycled the puck nicely in the Steeelheads zone and were able to get past Zanussi again. Sergeev picked up the goal to put the Rangers up 3-0; Franzen and Robinson picked up the assists. With time winding down in the period, Kitchener’s Llewellyn picked up a hooking penalty so the Steelheads would start the second with a man-advantage.

The second period started similar to the first, with end-to-end action and good chances for each side. The Steelheads were starting to feel the pressure of the 3-goal deficit as Bryson Cianfrone took a roughing penalty that would put the Rangers on the power play; and they did not disappoint. Sergeev netted his second goal of the game to put the Rangers up 4-0; Magyar drew the lone assist on Sergeev’s goal. Four minutes later Allen gave the Rangers some more breathing room as he slid one past Zanussi to stretch the lead to 5; Meighan and Maaskant drew the assists. The Steelheads would have an opportunity to cut the lead at 12:09 of the period as the Rangers took back-to-back penalties that saw the Steelheads go on a 2-man advantage. Cianfrone had the best chance at the side of the net but they couldn’t get anything past DeKort.

Things began to heat up in the third with a number of penalties for each team, and two scrums resulting in two pairs of game misconducts. Zanussi stood tall in the third stopping all of the Rangers’ chances. Despite two power play opportunities, the Steelheads couldn’t get anything past DeKort as he earned the shutout in a 5-0 victory for the Rangers.

bobber

Jan 21, 2013
Kitchener Ontario
According to Brown's Twitter account Rangers signed third round pick Conner Hall. He might play on the weekend with players going to pro camps.

avalanches78

Aug 27, 2014
I think most of the kids will be playing until enough guys are returned from pro camp. I think Hall will get send down once most of the D are back from camp, but I did like what I saw from him and think he will be a good rookie next year.

nelli27

May 21, 2011
London, Ontario
The Ranger roster as it appears on the OHL network does not include your first round pick, Mescerin (sp??). Has it not been updated or was he cut? The kid is incredibly talented so this came as a surprise.

OHLFan90

Dec 24, 2013
Ontario
Detroit Redwings Official tweet

Brandon Robinson Carried off on stretcher 6 mins ago

thoughts and prayers

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad