Speculation: Official JT Miller Trade Thread II - NEW Update (1/25/22) - Rangers Interest "Next Level"

Status
Not open for further replies.

Bourne Endeavor

Apr 6, 2009
Montreal, Quebec
That's fair, we as Leafs fans also have a "don't want" list....it's basically don't want to trade 4-5 top assets for Miller.

Which is also fair. Probably the most reasonable scenario is something like....

1st
Liljegren/Niemelä/Robertson
Ketfoot

Miller

Could probably do something with Holl, Scheen and/or salary retention but I'd say the above is baseline. Whether either fanbase wants that outcome is another matter. :laugh:

Reactions: 4thline

Just a Fan

Feb 22, 2022
Which is also fair. Probably the most reasonable scenario is something like....

1st
Liljegren/Niemelä/Robertson
Ketfoot

Miller

Could probably do something with Holl, Scheen and/or salary retention but I'd say the above is baseline. Whether either fanbase wants that outcome is another matter. :laugh:
That one is a go for me...

Just a Fan

Feb 22, 2022
A late 1st, a journeyman 40 pt forward and Robertson is a go for you?

Robertson's not even a sure fire prospect - what an over-rating of 'assets'. It's a typical fluff package for a top player.
I responded to a post that offered those pieces....maybe insult the guy that put those pieces out there instead?

Just a Fan

Feb 22, 2022
There's a thousand bad offers it's worse when a Canuck fan would accept it.

This isn't a personal attack mate, just relax. I think you've over-rated a late 1st/ under-rated Miller.
I'm relaxed, and i didn't do anything but respond to a trade offer.....i mean there are Canucks fans asking for 4-5 top assets...so when using the term "over-rated", stones should not be tossed in glass houses....

mriswith

Oct 12, 2011
Obviously they are ask for more then other teams want and every so often "another" team suddenly jumps into the bidding war--there are maybe 3 teams actually involved but the canucks want more than what the teams want to give and that is when "other teams" are involved--I call it the Glen Sather special. It is obvious the Nuck management are the ones leaking these rumours
Maybe it's all being well contained behind closed doors but if not, it blows my mind that contenders aren't falling over themselves trying to get JT.

I'd have traded the entire Canucks farm in 2010 or 2011 to have been able to add someone like Miller to that team.

A 1C that is 5th in league scoring for centres right now on a dirt cheap contract for two playoff runs. That's the kind of player that pushes a contending team over the top. Every contender in the league should be all over it.

CpatainCanuck

Sep 18, 2008
I'm relaxed, and i didn't do anything but respond to a trade offer.....i mean there are Canucks fans asking for 4-5 top assets...so when using the term "over-rated", stones should not be tossed in glass houses....

The Canucks have no urgent need to trade Miller this year: he’s under contract for another season. In my opinion the only way he is moved is for a great offer that in the long-term is projected to be an overpayment.

strattonius

Jul 4, 2011
Surrey, BC

Miller won't get traded because he's priced out of the market - movement will probably be next trade deadline.

Why would you accept that deal? Kerfoot is a utility forward, not particularly young; the 1st will be late these picks are nice assets but not homeruns; Robertson is in his d+3? Hasn't shown to be a top prospect.

Just a Fan

Feb 22, 2022
Miller won't get traded because he's priced out of the market - movement will probably be next trade deadline.

Why would you accept that deal? Kerfoot is a utility forward, not particularly young; the 1st will be late these picks are nice assets but not homeruns; Robertson is in his d+3? Hasn't shown to be a top prospect.
Because i'm a Leafs fan?

Reactions: BCNate

Fatass

Apr 17, 2017

Miller is top 10 in league scoring. He's been fantastic for the three years in Vancouver. He's big, mean, skilled, and a leader who puts up big points, while playing center and wing and in all situations.
Maybe the best move for Vancouver is to keep that player? There is no offer, short of something rediculous, that would make moving a player as good as Miller a way to help the Canucks.

bernmeister

Jun 11, 2010
Da Big Apple
This thread has been 48 pages of negging a player and a fanbase, to devalue an asset and win an argument.

It's sad because it has zero real world application. Because if the Rangers think Miller is worth Schneider/Kravtsov/1st, there's no amount of contrarian talk, no amount of minutes and hours wasted on some dumb forum that will make it not reality.
Rangers do NOT think he is worth that when you factor in cap reality, etc., and also we are not giving up Schneider, or Robertson, who projects as Schneider lite.

Rags can’t afford him.

Rather trade to LA.
concur

Ainec

Panetta was not racist
Jun 20, 2009
Chytil Kravtsov Lindkvist Jones 1st + conditional 1st if reach cup finals or 2nd if Miller resigns

Pure Slaughter Value

Jun 6, 2002
New York
Visit site
Well its not like Islanders fans under Lou know anything about prospects.

Definitely short-term thinking by Lou but I wouldn't trade the last couple of runs for a bunch of top 20 picks. I'll gladly enjoy a rebuild if the current Islanders contracts ever end,

I am envious of the sheer amount of prospects but the Rangers fans on this board think they're all not only going to play for the Rangers but are all guaranteed stars.

I guess most fanbases feel that way though.

Jumptheshark

Rebooting myself
Oct 12, 2003
Somewhere on Uranus
Maybe it's all being well contained behind closed doors but if not, it blows my mind that contenders aren't falling over themselves trying to get JT.

I'd have traded the entire Canucks farm in 2010 or 2011 to have been able to add someone like Miller to that team.

A 1C that is 5th in league scoring for centres right now on a dirt cheap contract for two playoff runs. That's the kind of player that pushes a contending team over the top. Every contender in the league should be all over it.

Since the management change there just has been SOOOO many rumours around the Canucks--this reminds me of how sather did things in Edmonton and used Jones and Matthieson to get the word out and to try and getting a bidding war started. What is going on with Vancouver and so many players in rumours and nothing happen--

BCNate

Apr 3, 2016
That will be tough when JT Miller is at the age of 34,35,36 and making 8 mil while guys Like EP , Hughes and Demko will need new contracts.

Canucks would have to be serious contenders in his 30,31, 32, 33 yrs old years to make that worth it.

Do you really think the Canucks can turn this around in 1.5 years?

Honest answer is yes, I do feel that this team is a playoff calibre team as it is right now. I also think that the playoffs is a crap shoot, especially in the Pacific. With a few good moves this offseason, I could see us icing a very strong team next year. I think it's guys like Hamonic, Poolman, Pearson, Dickinson, possibly Myers that will be moved to give this management group the flex to build out the rest of the roster. Trading your best player for futures, while your core is getting close to their prime is a risk that offers no guarantees

I don't 6x8 is a crippling deal at the end, as the cap will likely be up a fair amount by then. Will he be worth 8 at age 36, probably not, but he is a pretty driven guy, I don't think he will fall off completely either.

I'd trade anyone on the roster aside from Miller, Demko, EP, Hughes.

Reactions: theKRAKhouse

strattonius

Jul 4, 2011
Surrey, BC
Miller is top 10 in league scoring. He's been fantastic for the three years in Vancouver. He's big, mean, skilled, and a leader who puts up big points, while playing center and wing and in all situations.
Maybe the best move for Vancouver is to keep that player? There is no offer, short of something rediculous, that would make moving a player as good as Miller a way to help the Canucks.

Yeah probably this year. What if he won't sign in Vancouver? That's the whole premise behind this. He's going to be a big ticket UFA and would be crazy not to test the market.

bernmeister

Jun 11, 2010
Da Big Apple
Chytil Kravtsov Lindkvist Jones 1st + conditional 1st if reach cup finals or 2nd if Miller resigns

no pass
Cap reality says even if we got Miller at half and sent Lindgren to make cap work, we would still have to deal JT next season as an expiring contract. We could not afford him going forward and can not overpay now and not recover an appreciable amount of what we'd have paid.

ONLY upgrade move for NY is this, exactly:
Lindgren + Jones + 2 1sts + Geo + Strome both retained + Reunanen
for
Chychrun at half

That works b'c it reduces from surplus at LD and does not touch Fs who are not available, and while overpaying, b'c we are getting Chych at half. NY needs to stay away from Miller, Hertl, etc.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad