Speculation: Official JT Miller Trade Thread II - NEW Update (1/25/22) - Rangers Interest "Next Level"

Status
Not open for further replies.

Sparky93

Dec 30, 2010
Is there potential for more of a hockey trade involving Miller? How much value would unloading that OEL contract hold for the new management group?

UrbanImpact

Apr 12, 2021
Larry Brooks is confirming now that there have been discussions with NYR and Van for Miller...

Lots of smoke now with this.

Miller camp also acknowledged today that they are aware of trade speculations for Miller and have made it clear that they have not asked for a trade.

Canucks LB

My Favourite, Gone too soon, RIP Luc, We miss you
Oct 12, 2008
Lol NYR are gonna blow assets for a guy they made as throw in with McDonagh because they couldn't wait to get rid of him.
You do understand he’s a completely different player than he was three years ago right?

I’m beginning to think that there’s a lot of people in East I’ve never seen him play in the last three years

He has been the best Vancouver Canuck in basically every single way.
On a team that has Pettersson, Horvat, Boeser.

AHLdepth

Feb 17, 2020
You do understand he’s a completely different player than he was three years ago right?

I’m beginning to think that there’s a lot of people in East I’ve never seen him play in the last three years

He has been the best Vancouver Canuck in basically every single way.
On a team that has Pettersson, Horvat, Boeser.

Not only is there this apparent lack of realization about how much he has improved and how much if a difference maker he would be, but also a lack of thinking about where the Rangers were when they traded him (sub .500) vs. where they are now (legit contender).

Miller made sense to trade away then, and NOW he makes a ton of sense to re-acquire. Hindsight being what it is I would have traded the farm for a piece like Miller in 2011.

sting101

Feb 8, 2012
Lol NYR are gonna blow assets for a guy they made as throw in with McDonagh because they couldn't wait to get rid of him.
Why%20You%E2%80%99ll%20Never%20See%20Cheese%20in%20Our%20Mouse%20Traps.png

Izzy Goodenough

Oct 11, 2020
The expectations for the Canucks are likely:

A Roster Player, a Prospect and a Draft Pick (The Standard Ask at the Trading Deadline for players like Miller) but for each of the 2 Trading Deadlines the Rangers would have JT Miller before he becomes a UFA.

So the Canucks are probably asking for 2 Roster Players, 2 Prospects and 2 Draft Picks.

If you think about it this way, you may understand why the Canucks Ask is astronomical.

If you think about it this way, you may understand why the Rangers are bartering for less.

BoHorvat 53

What's a god to a Kane
Dec 9, 2014

...so he thinks the price will drop because we aren’t in a position to make the playoffs? He does realize that JT hasn’t requested a trade, has no trade protection, is someone who is relatively easily to fit under the cap due to his low cap hit and has multiple suitors, right?

BCNate

Apr 3, 2016
...so he thinks the price will drop because we aren’t in a position to make the playoffs? He does realize that JT hasn’t requested a trade, has no trade protection, is someone who is relatively easily to fit under the cap due to his low cap hit and has multiple suitors, right?
He must have meant next trade deadline?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad