Speculation: Official Jets Playoff Marketing Theme?

Mortimer Snerd

You kids get off my lawn!
Sponsor
Jun 10, 2014
27dym5.jpg

If you kids can't keep your heads to yourself, I'm gonna turn this car around, and there'll be no Cape Canaveral for anybody!! [Nelson smacks the back of his head] THAT'S IT! BACK TO WINNIPEG!!

Could we steal "THAT'S IT! BACK TO WINNIPEG!!" from The Simpsons? :laugh:

jets2020champs

Nov 6, 2016
Canada
I didn’t like it at first, but it’s growing to me. It speaks of the ownership group. It’s speaks of the management team. And it speaks of the players. There’s so many things about Winnipeg that only people who has lived in Winnipeg can understand.

Reactions: libertarian

Mortimer Snerd

Sponsor
Jun 10, 2014
I didn’t like it at first, but it’s growing to me. It speaks of the ownership group. It’s speaks of the management team. And it speaks of the players. There’s so many things about Winnipeg that only people who has lived in Winnipeg can understand.

To each his own - but I can't agree, even if I would like to. It would be very difficult to say less in 3 words. To me, it speaks to absolutely nothing, unless it is lazy marketing. I mean, of course this is Winnipeg. That's why they are called the Winnipeg Jets. You could put the name of any place on the planet in there. Big, yeah so? What about it? Embarrassing. Almost as bad as "We the North", which was probably the worst ever. Imitation ghetto speak? Really? LOL.

Good thing it is of no importance.

I thought "A Storm is Coming" was good. Too bad we didn't live up to it. No danger of that this time.

DudeWhereIsMakar

Bergevin sent me an offer sheet
Apr 25, 2014
Winnipeg
I kind of don't want to change my avatar. It's too funny, it's Pickle Rick (DiPietro because he had so many injuries, pickles don't get injuries).

But I think a GIF of Kane being happy the Sharks made the playoffs that says, 'I'm playoff bound,' and then Byfuglien going, 'How cute,' would be funny. Then have it say WE ARE WINNIPEG. (Correcting Kane)

That's all I got for now.

Say What

Building a Legacy 4/28/96 Never again!!
Jan 18, 2015
TNSE is an Organization that's embracing the culture they're trying to foster. What the outside world views as negatives (a small city, cold, uneventful, middle-class, etc. etc.), this collection of stars, superstars, grinders, and the like; now see it as part of their fabric of success, IMO.

This team is....young, bold, exciting, fearless, talented and hardworking; with a battle until the end, no quit attitude (a 'community' of players on the rise). Jets' players 'are' proud of what has been accomplished, and 'where' it has been accomplished (unlike at any time in the franchise's history).....in the smallest market in the NHL.

'We are Winnipeg' in every sense of the meaning. The perceived underdog? A team that has adopted/became the very identity of it's biggest supporters....The Fans/The Community. As an Organization, from top to bottom; the countless members, from every day workers, to staff, to players -everyone displays different attributes of this great community.
In my opinion, everyone feels like..."We are Winnipeg", a wonderful place to live & enjoy 'spring time' hockey. Culture isn't changed.....it's developed. Cheers!!

Mortimer Snerd

Sponsor
Jun 10, 2014
TNSE is an Organization that's embracing the culture they're trying to foster. What the outside world views as negatives (a small city, cold, uneventful, middle-class, etc. etc.), this collection of stars, superstars, grinders, and the like; now see it as part of their fabric of success, IMO.

This team is....young, bold, exciting, fearless, talented and hardworking; with a battle until the end, no quit attitude (a 'community' of players on the rise). Jets' players 'are' proud of what has been accomplished, and 'where' it has been accomplished (unlike at any time in the franchise's history).....in the smallest market in the NHL.

'We are Winnipeg' in every sense of the meaning. The perceived underdog? A team that has adopted/became the very identity of it's biggest supporters....The Fans/The Community. As an Organization, from top to bottom; the countless members, from every day workers, to staff, to players -everyone displays different attributes of this great community.
In my opinion, everyone feels like..."We are Winnipeg", a wonderful place to live & enjoy 'spring time' hockey. Culture isn't changed.....it's developed. Cheers!!

Well said. Makes it look like you are the marketing/PR flack who 'developed' that slogan. If your paragraph was used as subtext every time that slogan was used, then it would say what you said. Pretty sure you have caught the intent of the slogan.

If people in general, especially from outside the Winnipeg area read the slogan that way then it is a success. Big if, I think. While the intent may be to say a lot, to me the words say approximately nothing.

Mortimer Snerd

Sponsor
Jun 10, 2014
If you need Wi-Fi to play hockey, you're doing it wrong!
Too long? Guess so. I'll keep trying. :laugh:

Winnipeg - we play hockey on ice, not Wi-Fi.
Hmmm, still long. :laugh:

This may be harder than I thought. :laugh:
Hey, that gives me an idea.
Winnipeg - Our Ice is Harder Too!

Reactions: Mud Turtle

TheDeuce

Halak, Ryder, and a second.
Feb 22, 2009
Somehow Photoshop a "That's it, back to Winnipeg" on a Winnipeg Victorias Stanley Cup banner or news clipping:

Hockey-Cup1901.gif

Reactions: jokesondee

Ducky10

Searching for Mark Scheifele
Nov 14, 2014
This is Winnipeg

The Wi Fi sucks but the hockey doesn't.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad