Speculation: Official Jets Playoff Marketing Theme?

GJF

Beaver Jedi
Sep 26, 2011
Heidelberg, GER
"THIS IS WINNIPEG" is incredibly boring. I mean you can do it as your official franchise theme but it's so uncreative and blend for a HFBoards theme. I hope nobody suggests it for the avatar thread :laugh:

Reactions: Tom ServoMST3K

nobody important

the pessimist returns
Jul 12, 2015
a quiet suburb
"THIS IS WINNIPEG" is incredibly boring. I mean you can do it as your official franchise theme but it's so uncreative and blend for a HFBoards theme. I hope nobody suggests it for the avatar thread :laugh:

Boring?!!! Maybe to a non-Pegger. Makes me want to scream this out as I kick a Leafs fan into a gaping pothole. :laugh:

Gabe Kupari

Jul 11, 2013
Winter is Coming
One of the best slogans in all of sports.. NCAA... We Are Marshall .

I like the slogan. We Are Winnipeg. Its solid .Its good enough. Doesnt need to be anything more. We Are Winnipeg

Reactions: libertarian

Tom ServoMST3K

In search of a Steinbach Hero
Nov 2, 2010
What's your excuse?

Nah, it sucks as an official theme as well.

My thing with branding, is that there needs to be an idea behind it. I don't think there is here.

Mortimer Snerd

You kids get off my lawn!
Sponsor
Jun 10, 2014
One of the best slogans in all of sports.. NCAA... We Are Marshall .

I like the slogan. We Are Winnipeg. Its solid .Its good enough. Doesnt need to be anything more. We Are Winnipeg

Really? OK

But ..... who the heck else would we be? We certainly aren't Edmonton, or Toronto or anyplace with palm trees. :laugh:

WE ARE! somebody, I guess. :laugh:

To each their own, but sounds pretty lame to me.

Board Bard

Dane-O-Mite
Jun 7, 2014
Chipman to junior marketing stooge: "I'm going to the can. I'll be back in five minutes. Have a slogan ready when I get back."

GJF

Beaver Jedi
Sep 26, 2011
Heidelberg, GER
Nah, it sucks as an official theme as well.

My thing with branding, is that there needs to be an idea behind it. I don't think there is here.

I mean, there is the conscecutively ongoing thing of Winnipeg being weird and cold and whatever so embracing it and going out by screaming "THIS IS WINNIPEG" and then showing what it is about via hockey I do get and I think there is an idea behind hit. It's a bland one though.

StatisticsAddict99

Feb 24, 2017
“THIS IS WINNIPEG” sounds so stupid and general, I mean “WE ARE WINNIPEG” sounded pretty bad and general in its self but when you find out it’s “this is”, I’m sure you could find that Quote in any tourism guide for any city in North America.

How about an old classic “FUELLED WITH PASSION” or take do something “Fuelled” related...

Whileee

May 29, 2010
Okay HFJets, why not come up with a better slogan? Should be easy with all the marketing talent weighing in already. :sarcasm:

P.S. I'm sort of disinterested in the topic, so I'll just browse and randimly critique others' ideas.

"Fuelled by..." is worn out, and doesn't identify Winnipeg which is the key identification for a playoff slogan.

ecolad

Nov 17, 2015
How about - "Winnipeg, the True Center of hockey".... should have special appeal to our friends in the Big Smoke who see themselves as the center of the universe!!!;)

Mortimer Snerd

You kids get off my lawn!
Sponsor
Jun 10, 2014
It is a little better if you get the emphasis right, I think.

This is Winnipeg! (implied - Suck it!) Then you have to go out and win the SC to give meaning to the This. So ...... maybe save that for after we win. :laugh:

Neuf

Leaving HFBoards for now
Dec 17, 2016
It is a little better if you get the emphasis right, I think.

This is Winnipeg! (implied - Suck it!) Then you have to go out and win the SC to give meaning to the This. So ...... maybe save that for after we win. :laugh:

This IS Winnipeg
300KingLeonidas.jpg

yZsRYb

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad

-->