Official "Isles Draft Position" Thread Pt 2 (44-27-5) ...and we helped!

MackAttack26

Jan 10, 2015
Ontario
So worst case scenario 21st, best case scenario 18th? Sound good to me. Although it has a good chance of being traded away, anything to increase it's value helps!

Beerz

Jun 28, 2011
Feels good to not have to pay attention to that team anymore.

Slip into oblivion.

Clock

May 13, 2006
Feels good to not have to pay attention to that team anymore.

Very true. Given their hot start, getting a 18 / 19 pick sounds pretty solid. They definitely cooled off at the wrong time, but no matter how you cut it, that was a pretty impressive turnaround for that organization.

sjci

Feb 13, 2007
Buffalo
Very true. Given their hot start, getting a 18 / 19 pick sounds pretty solid. They definitely cooled off at the wrong time, but no matter how you cut it, that was a pretty impressive turnaround for that organization.

It's funny cause there was a time at the beginning of the year when they were a top 5 team, I think they even were the top team (record wise) for a bit this season, but then had a huge collapse the last 20-25 games or so. It's too bad they had that quick start, and I think it's definitely fair to say they would've been a bottom 10-15 team if they didn't get Leddy and Boychuck before the season

Zip15

Jun 3, 2009
Bodymore
Can someone link me to Part I? I can't seem to find it with the search feature, and I want to identify the people who lost avatar bets to me. Thanks in advance.

EichHart

Jul 3, 2011
Hamburg, NY
Can someone link me to Part I? I can't seem to find it with the search feature, and I want to identify the people who lost avatar bets to me. Thanks in advance.

i0yxJci.gif

Not me. ;)

Zip15

Jun 3, 2009
Bodymore

Between your new avatar from me on the 30th place bet and your impending name change (see below), you had a rough go on bets this season. Maybe it's time to sit a few out, Champ. ;)

From May 2014:

Your draft choice you're getting from us may not even be in the lottery, let alone anywhere near a top 5..

Care to place a friendly wager on that? Maybe a username one?

No need to get so defensive... All 4 teams that are in the Stanley Cup Playoffs currently have wagers going on (On Twitter). Does that make them childish as well? As I said it was a friendly wager. The wager insisted upon that statement that the Isles will not be a lottery pick next year. I stated they wouldn't make the playoffs. Whoever wins gets to pick a username for the poster to keep for at least 4 months. (If an HF sponsor) The username chosen has to be hockey related.

enthusiast

cybersabre his prophet
Oct 20, 2009
Sustainability looms again :wbrew:

i wish upon wish i could go back and bet against tavares winning the art ross

EichHart

Jul 3, 2011
Hamburg, NY
Between your new avatar from me on the 30th place bet and your impending name change (see below), you had a rough go on bets this season. Maybe it's time to sit a few out, Champ. ;)

From May 2014:

He didn't take that wager though...Only the avatar one counts.

SECRET SQUIRREL

Jan 17, 2007
Clarence
So happy right now.... I honestly wouldn't have cared who won this series but after reading months of pure idiocy on the main boards from a particular Islander fan (who ruined every Sabres related thread btw) I couldn't be happier!

MayDay

Oct 21, 2005
Pleasantville, NY

Now that the Isles are out, do we actually know for sure what the pick is yet?

If it's not totally determined, which results can still affect the position (what do we need to root for)? Can anyone explain?

Thanks.

Bps21*

Right now it's 21.

For each of Detroit, Minnesota or Calgary that reaches round 3 it move up a spot.

The best it can finish is 18 (if all 3 make it to the conference finals). If 2 make it it's 19. If 1 makes it it's 20. If none make it it stays 21.

MayDay

Oct 21, 2005
Pleasantville, NY
Right now it's 21.

For each of Detroit, Minnesota or Calgary that reaches round 3 it move up a spot.

The best it can finish is 18 (if all 3 make it to the conference finals). If 2 make it it's 19. If 1 makes it it's 20. If none make it it stays 21.

Odds are good at least one of those three will make it. I like Minnesota this year.

Top 20 pick from the Isles. Better than I expected after that hot start they got off to. That late-season collapse really helped us out.

Moskau

Jun 30, 2004
WNY
I'd rather pull up the thread where people insisted that even if a miracle occurred and the Islanders pick was somehow 15-20 in 2015 that it would still be a better player than what we could have gotten with #5 in 2014.

Zip15

Jun 3, 2009
Bodymore
I'd rather pull up the thread where people insisted that even if a miracle occurred and the Islanders pick was somehow 15-20 in 2015 that it would still be a better player than what we could have gotten with #5 in 2014.

You won't need to pull it up; people will start saying it again in a week or two.

Get ready for "If Konecny/Meier can slip a little bit, he's a better player than Dal Colle!"

EichHart

Jul 3, 2011
Hamburg, NY

I believe that was before they signed Boychuk/Leddy. Most had them being a fringe playoff team after those signings. Without those 2 players who played as there 1/2D this year they miss the playoffs.

Beerz

Jun 28, 2011

You'll be looking for a long time. Nobody said that.

La Cosa Nostra

Caporegime
Jun 25, 2009
"They're sitting in 29th now. Just beautiful.

me said:
Just as long as they don't improve next season!

What is more appealing, say the #6 pick this season, or the unknown 2015 next? We assume the Isles will still be near the basement next year but I would easily take #6 this year then risk the Isles finishing in the mid teens next year.

I was all for getting the 2014 1st for the record. And they finished a lot better then mid teens. Granted how could anyone have known they would have added a top 15 goalie and two top 4 D. Still, a sure thing is always better then an unknown. Even after the first month or two of this season I thought they would have came back to earth but they didn't unfortunately for us... But I knew they wouldn't win a round. Watch them pick top 10 next year too. Ugh if only that stupid ****ing condition hadn't been in place. We still got a great return for Vanek, but Moulson+#18-21+#51 isn't as great as we thought it would turn out.

Mattilaus

Sep 12, 2014
Beyond the Wall
"They're sitting in 29th now. Just beautiful.

I was all for getting the 2014 1st for the record. And they finished a lot better then mid teens. Granted how could anyone have known they would have added a top 15 goalie and two top 4 D. Still, a sure thing is always better then an unknown. Even after the first month or two of this season I thought they would have came back to earth but they didn't unfortunately for us... But I knew they wouldn't win a round. Watch them pick top 10 next year too. Ugh if only that stupid ****ing condition hadn't been in place. We still got a great return for Vanek, but Moulson+#18-21+#51 isn't as great as we thought it would turn out.

Better than a 2nd and Sebastian Collberg :handclap:

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad