Official "Isles Draft Position" Thread Pt 2 (44-27-5) ...and we helped!

MayDay

Oct 21, 2005
Pleasantville, NY
"They're sitting in 29th now. Just beautiful.

I was all for getting the 2014 1st for the record. And they finished a lot better then mid teens. Granted how could anyone have known they would have added a top 15 goalie and two top 4 D. Still, a sure thing is always better then an unknown. Even after the first month or two of this season I thought they would have came back to earth but they didn't unfortunately for us... But I knew they wouldn't win a round. Watch them pick top 10 next year too. Ugh if only that stupid ****ing condition hadn't been in place. We still got a great return for Vanek, but Moulson+#18-21+#51 isn't as great as we thought it would turn out.

Don't forget to include the assets we obtained by renting Moulson out to Minnesota for a couple months.

That has to be included as part of the return on the Vanek trade.

DazedandConfused

thanks tips
Jul 30, 2013
Edmonton
The player we get at 18-21 may or may not be as good as MDC (I didn't want him anyways, hoping we went Nylander or Ehlers if it was ours).

But, the pick holds more trade value imo, in moving up this year or for acquiring proven talent then MDC does.

CowbellConray

Sep 8, 2010
When we dealt Vanek, if you told me we would get a top 21 pick, a top 50 pick, and a top 6 LW, I would have been very pleased. We are going to add a Svechnikov or Roy to this team and I am damn happy of that.

Savitar

AKA Jose
Jan 15, 2013
When we dealt Vanek, if you told me we would get a top 21 pick, a top 50 pick, and a top 6 LW, I would have been very pleased. We are going to add a Svechnikov or Roy to this team and I am damn happy of that.

If we traded Vanek and I knew we were getting back a 1st and 2nd in 2015, Eric Cornel, Brycen Martin and Josh Gorges I would of laughed, thank god Murray worked his magic and maximized the trade while reisigning Moulson! Not bad at all and we still have Minnesodas 2nd in 2017 too

Selanne00008

Jun 2, 2006
NYC - UES
If we traded Vanek and I knew we were getting back a 1st and 2nd in 2015, Eric Cornel, Brycen Martin and Josh Gorges I would of laughed, thank god Murray worked his magic and maximized the trade while reisigning Moulson! Not bad at all and we still have Minnesodas 2nd in 2017 too

Ohhh I forgot about that. Perfect ammo to make a playoff push at that deadline! haha. And it doesn't even hurt our own draft slots.

Sabretip

Jan 13, 2010
Phoenix, AZ
When we dealt Vanek, if you told me we would get a top 21 pick, a top 50 pick, and a top 6 LW, I would have been very pleased. .

When Vanek was dealt, the initial hopes were that the Isles would forfeit last year's high pick in favor of keeping their spot in the deeper 2015 draft. Ideally, it would have unfolded that way but, as you said, a top 21 pick will still have some market value for Murray to dangle in trade talks.

CatsforReinhart

Jul 27, 2014
Frankfurt

Cool, but Regier made that trade.

Bps21*

He means he moved Moulson out at the deadline and then brought him back thus maximizing the Moulson part of the whole package. He turned Matt Moulson into Karabacek, Josh Gorges and Matt Moulson.

La Cosa Nostra

Caporegime
Jun 25, 2009
But Murray was able to move Moulson and mccormick get more assets then re-sign both. I think a 3x 30 goal scorer is a valuable piece even if he is over 30. I expect Moulson to get 100 goals over the last four years of his deal. He actually didn't do too bad this year. 42 points and most assists/second in scoring on a terribad offensive team who averaged less then two goals a game is decent production. I really want him to be on Eichels wing, a return to 30 goals is feasible.

EichHart

Jul 3, 2011
Hamburg, NY
But Murray was able to move Moulson and mccormick get more assets then re-sign both. I think a 3x 30 goal scorer is a valuable piece even if he is over 30. I expect Moulson to get 100 goals over the last four years of his deal. He actually didn't do too bad this year. 42 points and most assists/second in scoring on a terribad offensive team who averaged less then two goals a game is decent production. I really want him to be on Eichels wing, a return to 30 goals is feasible.

Agreed. I actually don't mind Moulson. He is a decent finisher around the net.

B U F F A L O

Dec 30, 2013
So now that Detroit is out, that narrows the pick to 19-21, correct?

Depending on how MIN and CGY do.

CGY, PIT, WPG, OTT, DET, MIN all finished in the standings below the NYI. Heading into the playoffs, the NYI pick was 21st. The only way their pick drops lower is if any of those 6 teams make the conference finals.

PIT, WPG, OTT, DET are all eliminated. So the highest the Islanders pick can be now is 19. Thats if CGY upsets ANA and MIN upsets CHI. I doubt either or both will happen.

I think we'll stay at 21.

Selanne00008

Jun 2, 2006
NYC - UES
CGY, PIT, WPG, OTT, DET, MIN all finished in the standings below the NYI. Heading into the playoffs, the NYI pick was 21st. The only way their pick drops lower is if any of those 6 teams make the conference finals.

PIT, WPG, OTT, DET are all eliminated. So the highest the Islanders pick can be now is 19. Thats if CGY upsets ANA and MIN upsets CHI. I doubt either or both will happen.

I think we'll stay at 21.

I honestly think the Flames have a better chance than Minny. Not a big chance, but better.

DazedandConfused

thanks tips
Jul 30, 2013
Edmonton
The Flames haven't won a game in Anaheim since 2006. Two thousand and six.

I don't raelly like Minny's chances either until they can prove that they can go head-head with the Blackhawks in a 7-game tilt.

Looking like 21 to me.

Mit Yarrum

HoF Turd Shiner
Apr 1, 2010
21 is pretty sweet. There will be some nice players there, and we pick again 10 picks later

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad