GDT: Official Flames Free Agent Frenzy 2014

Calculon

unholy acting talent
Jan 20, 2006
Error 503
He did get an offer. They just aren't going to qualify him. If he declines he is a UFA.

There's no indication that he was given any offer (as of yet).

Pat Steinberg @Fan960Steinberg
Yep, #Flames confirm Byron HASN'T been qualified despite initial post on the web.

Wes Gilbertson @SUNGilbertson
Final answer ... LW Paul Byron did not receive qualifying offer from #Flames. Had arbitration rights. Possible they'll try to re-sign him.

May 27, 2012
Earth
I doubt he will, they aren't that much better than Calgary.

Vancouver is much better than Calgary. They still have Hamhuis,Bieksa, Edler if he bounces back and Tanev. They still have the Sedins, they won't be PKing this upcoming most likely. Probably going get Miller. Still better off than us for the now, we just have a brighter future. Vancouver should go the rebuild route but I bet ownership doesn't like that idea.

The Nucks were on pace for over 100 points this season until their epic collapse.

Taranis

Jul 9, 2013
Nova Scotia
The Canucks are quietly acquiring a decent prospect pool lately to. Two potential 2/3 line centers in Horvat, McCann, two top six wingers in Virtanen and Shinkaruk. Doesn't really help this coming year but still.

Johnny Hoxville

The Return of a Legend
Jul 15, 2006
Calgary
Vancouver is much better than Calgary. They still have Hamhuis,Bieksa, Edler if he bounces back and Tanev. They still have the Sedins, they won't be PKing this upcoming most likely. Probably going get Miller. Still better off than us for the now, we just have a brighter future. Vancouver should go the rebuild route but I bet ownership doesn't like that idea.

The Nucks were on pace for over 100 points this season until their epic collapse.

IF they get Miller, that's a huge signing for them. I don't think their D is a massive upgrade on ours. Edler, Hamhuis and Tanev are very good, but I like Gio, Brodie and Smid a lot too. For sure they have an edge there but it's not huge, Bieska (I hate to admit) is really good to. But their forwards are bloody awful, especially minus Kesler now. Bonino had inflated numbers playing with that Ducks team, outside of their top line they may have the worst remaining forward core in the league IMO. They have a clear edge on D, assuming they sign Miller I'd give them an edge in net, but we definitely have much better forwards than they do. I agree they are better, but being much may be a bit of a stretch, especially in the Pacific.

TheHudlinator

Nov 21, 2011
Victoria,BC

:laugh: No they aren't, they had 6 more points last year and they traded their starting goalie away. If the Twins can somehow return to 100+ point seasons then they might be seen as more than a bubble team.

xMatMcC

Jun 27, 2014
NL
I live in St. John's, home of the Jets AHL team where Zach Redmond played for a few years, and since day 1 he's been getting better, and at the age of 25 I think he can still progress to be a solid NHL defencemen. Smart player who's solid defensively, can chip in the offence and doesn't make many mistakes! Worth targeting for sure

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad