GDT: Official Flames Free Agent Frenzy 2014

Flames Fanatic

Mediocre
Aug 14, 2008
Cochrane
Calgary AND Edmonton were in on this earlier this season for a trade; so... I could see it, not sure where the guy would fit in unless Wideman is moved elsewhere.

I think we should take a go at this guy.
24 Years old, already 2 35+ Point seasons out of him, plus a third if there wasn't the shortened season. Isn't very dynamic defensively, but I'd love him here more than Wideman; gives us three defensive pairs that will allow for good skating PMD with a very solid defensive Dman.

Brodie - Gio
Smid - MDZ
Russell - Engellande

I think he's worth the gamble.

I'm probably one of the bigger Wideman defenders, but if we are indeed trying to make the roster younger than yeah I would agree. Even if we don't move Wideman, that way Wotherspoon can keep playing top pairing minutes and not have to worry about being the 7th guy.

Ideally I still wish we could trade Jones and Wideman, but I think we're likely stuck with both for the time being.

tyflames

Jul 4, 2010
Still wouldn't mind seeing us try to sign Del Zotto. I think he's fallen off the wagon a little bit but I haven't seen him enough to say how much? Any one else think this is a good or bad idea?

InfinityIggy

Zagidulin's Dad
Jan 30, 2011
Still wouldn't mind seeing us try to sign Del Zotto. I think he's fallen off the wagon a little bit but I haven't seen him enough to say how much? Any one else think this is a good or bad idea?

I think its a good idea. He's got potential still and we don't have much to lose. We also lack depth on our back end.

Rangediddy

The puck was in
Oct 28, 2011
heck yes to MDZ. Either he can get back on track or he blows the season for us and McDavid makes him look silly in practice next year.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad