[Official] Fire/Tolerate Travis Green Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.

lawrence

May 19, 2012
As many of you know, I am not a big fan of Travis Green at all. Although he is not given much to work with, I think he is an amateur coach. There were red lights from Utica fans during his tenure there of his stubbornness to keep playing certain players and his tactical knowledge. Lets not forget he has never won anything in the AHL level at all.

Tonight was the last straw for me.

The coach is the leader in this room, and tonight he really showed his true colors. He clearly values his job (2 points) more then protecting our most valued assets. The fact that he told his players not to retaliate after Petterson was hurt speaks volume of his spineless character.

Alain Vigneault would have not let this slide and I'm 100% sure John Torterella would not have let this go.

It's time we end the experiment and it's time we get a real NHL coach behind the bench. Coaches talk about winning the right way and fighting for your team. When you decide to give a free pass to a team that just injured your future franchise player, it really speaks volume of where this team's identity is going. We are not going to win anything with this man behind the bench and it's time for us to look at alternatives.

I'm with you for once. I am on the fire him wagon.

F A N

Aug 12, 2005
Correct me if I’m wrong, I remember the signing of our 3 recent ufa was heavily influenced by our head coach (at least rousell was) because they “worked hard and provided toughness.” But when the perfect opportunity to utilise them shows up, you put your tail between your legs and back off!? “Securing” 2points when the coach himself said the team isn’t even near playoff contention. This kind of stuff is wrong on so many levels it’s making me sick, I’m fine with the team losing because we’re currently rebuilding, im fine with sending prospects to our farm team because they aren’t ready. But I can’t take this sh*t. My heart is torn right now. I love the team but when your favourite team in all sports is acting like freaking Girl Scouts it makes it so embarrassing to be a fan. I hope EP is fine, they already messed up boeser, we can’t afford to lose another young star . (Apologies for my poor grammar, I’m from Asia)

Well toughness does not equate to fighting. And regardless of where Green thinks the team is at before the season started, Pettersson's performance has given the team hope. The Canucks with a healthy team and good goaltending can squeeze into the playoffs IMO. Of course the stars have to be aligned.

The Roussel, Beagle, and Schaller signings were to give Green the defensive and PK options he wants so that he can shelter our offensive players/prospects from that kind of grunt work. Thus far it has worked. The team is off to a great start goal scoring wise. Horvat barely spent any time on the PK. I feel pretty good with Pettersson, Horvat, Sutter, and Beagle down the middle.

Reactions: LordBacon

Pastor Of Muppetz

Oct 1, 2017
Did you just post that for the sake of posting? I mean... it's not that hard to figure out what he meant.
I got a bit screwed around thinking I was in the Pittsburgh GDT thread....

Irregardless...It astounds me that someone who does not give a shit about the two points (team) should even care about about the welfare of our younger players..makes no sense.

PuckMunchkin

Very Nice, Very Evil!
Dec 13, 2006
Lapland

Irregardless...It astounds me that someone who does not give a **** about the two points (team) should even care about about the welfare of our younger players..makes no sense.

We want a stanley cup.

You want to go "Yay!" when they win a game.

Thats the difference.

LordBacon

CEO of sh*tposting
Sponsor
Oct 31, 2017
Hong Kong
Well toughness does not equate to fighting. And regardless of where Green thinks the team is at before the season started, Pettersson's performance has given the team hope. The Canucks with a healthy team and good goaltending can squeeze into the playoffs IMO. Of course the stars have to be aligned.

The Roussel, Beagle, and Schaller signings were to give Green the defensive and PK options he wants so that he can shelter our offensive players/prospects from that kind of grunt work. Thus far it has worked. The team is off to a great start goal scoring wise. Horvat barely spent any time on the PK. I feel pretty good with Pettersson, Horvat, Sutter, and Beagle down the middle.
All I really want to see is the team retaliate and not just stare at the opposition like a bunch of pissed ants. A few clean hard hits could’ve send the same message as fighting him. Agree with all your points though, well said.

Reactions: Grub and F A N

Grub

First Line Troll
Jun 30, 2008
B.C

Irregardless...It astounds me that someone who does not give a **** about the two points (team) should even care about about the welfare of our younger players..makes no sense.

You are definately missing the point. It’s about the long term future of this team. Shame on you for even mentioning that I don’t care about the welfare of our younger players. I care dearly for the welfare of this team. Anyways lets end the discussion here, not going to waste my energy.

Pastor Of Muppetz

Oct 1, 2017
You are definately missing the point. It’s about the long term future of this team. Shame on you for even mentioning that I don’t care about the welfare of our younger players. I care dearly for the welfare of this team. Anyways lets end the discussion here, not going to waste my energy.
Last thing on my mind is. you..having to waste your energy...on me:thumbu:....

Edit..my point wasn't directed at you Grub,it was made to the poster who initially made the point about 2 points 'wasted'.

Last edited:
Feb 24, 2017
Green put his employment ahead of the well being of one of his players, and also the franchise. That’s why he’s gutless. People liked to rip on Dave Nonis for being “nonuts” but he had the balls to lose his job while still putting the good of the franchise ahead of him. He did not make the awful deal for Brad Richards that may have saved his job.

Reactions: Megaterio Llamas

Grub

First Line Troll
Jun 30, 2008
B.C
So Matheson received a 2 game suspension for the take down on Petterson. If there was a time to stand up for your players then this was it. I guess my anger towards Green is reflected towards where this team is heading in terms of character. Severely disappointed and ashamed we didn't do a thing. You ask yourself this, when the next incident occurs and Boeser or our other young guys gets taken out, what will Green do? Will he just sulk again and prioritize the 2 points or will he tell the boys to man up and stand up to each other.

If getting your future franchise player concussed and injured like this didn't get a reaction from Green... what will?

DonnyNucker

Mar 28, 2017
Green put his employment ahead of the well being of one of his players, and also the franchise. That’s why he’s gutless. People liked to rip on Dave Nonis for being “nonuts” but he had the balls to lose his job while still putting the good of the franchise ahead of him. He did not make the awful deal for Brad Richards that may have saved his job.
Canucks' Travis Green reiterates need for calmness in wake of Pettersson hit - Sportsnet.ca
Here is an updated article with comments from Green, Horvat and Roussel. I’m actually curious why you think Green is gutless? What am I missing? He had no idea what happened. Should the team have said something or thrown a hit in response? Frank yes. But gutless? If anyone, Benning should be blamed for assembling a bunch of pansies on this roster.

Feb 24, 2017
Canucks' Travis Green reiterates need for calmness in wake of Pettersson hit - Sportsnet.ca
Here is an updated article with comments from Green, Horvat and Roussel. I’m actually curious why you think Green is gutless? What am I missing? He had no idea what happened. Should the team have said something or thrown a hit in response? Frank yes. But gutless? If anyone, Benning should be blamed for assembling a bunch of pansies on this roster.
I may be misinformed but I believe Green demanded they stay calm and not go after Matheson and get the two points. Am I right?

DonnyNucker

Mar 28, 2017
I may be misinformed but I believe Green demanded they stay calm and not go after Matheson and get the two points. Am I right?
Well that has been speculated by canucks fans but I haven’t seen any press from Green or the players saying this? I’m certain he didn’t say don’t hit him or beak him lol. Maybe I missed something though

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad