Jun 24, 2007
Chicagoland
Thoughts on this?

To :panthers
LW/RW Patrick Sharp

To :hawks
C Vincent Trocheck
2016 2nd

Panthers get a goal scoring winger that Dale is familiar with signed for 2 more years

Hawks get young C who in past has played with Saad + pick

ShootIt

Nov 8, 2008
Thoughts on this

LW/RW Patrick Sharp

C Vincent Trocheck
2016 2nd

I would do it, but it seems some do not want to give up Trocheck for a 33 year old player.

I guess I see the value in Trocheck when Bolland is made out of fine china, but Trocheck lacks the defensive game Bolland has.

GrumpyKelly

May 15, 2011
Bottom of a bottle
Thoughts on this?

LW/RW Patrick Sharp

C Vincent Trocheck
2016 2nd

Panthers get a goal scoring winger that Dale is familiar with signed for 2 more years

Hawks get young C who in past has played with Saad + pick

I don't like giving up one of the biggest trading chips away for Sharp who didn't have a good season and has only two years left on his deal. Doesn't really fit the age structure of the team either.

Anyway, Trocheck is not a coach Q type of player. If Vermette is struggling to crack the lineup, I don't see how Tro would get any playing time at all under him lol.

Gentle Man

09/12
Nov 15, 2011
Ontario, CA
I don't like giving up one of the biggest trading chips away for Sharp who didn't have a good season and has only two years left on his deal. Doesn't really fit the age structure of the team either.

Anyway, Trocheck is not a coach Q type of player. If Vermette is struggling to crack the lineup, I don't see how Tro would get any playing time at all under him lol.

because $$$. When two players tie up close to 22 Million, you got no choice

Mogo

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Jun 26, 2002
I'm not a huge fan of certain finn players but how about Leo Komarov? IMO perfect 3rd line pest we need. Will hit too!

KittysGotClaws

We See Red
Dec 17, 2008
N of BB&T
Depends on cost. Last I read, which was before their first round exit, the Blues fans wanted a lot for Oshie. If it something like 16 1st and Hayes...maybe but I would like to keep Hayes if we can re-sign him on a short/cheap contract. Don't understand all the flack he gets, but that's another topic.

If it's 16 1st and Hayes for Oshie, I'm driving Hayes to the airport. Maybe it's because I saw him miss the open net in OT this year to cost us a win, but I have no strong feelings for him. Plus, it allows us to keep our very solid 1st rounder this year. If that's on the table, you take it without thinking. No way STL does it.

Gentle Man

09/12
Nov 15, 2011
Ontario, CA
If it's 16 1st and Hayes for Oshie, I'm driving Hayes to the airport. Maybe it's because I saw him miss the open net in OT this year to cost us a win, but I have no strong feelings for him. Plus, it allows us to keep our very solid 1st rounder this year. If that's on the table, you take it without thinking. No way STL does it.

I agree with you. Plus I think Oshie is a better two-player and can kill penalties away. Just felt like when Hayes wasn't scoring, he wasnt doing anything. He wasnt even a physical presence either.

It's scoring or nothing.

ShootIt

Nov 8, 2008

I don't have strong feelings for Hayes, just didn't get the flack he got towards the end.
IMO changes will be made for the Blues this offseason, but I doubt a 16 1st and a RFA in Hayes gets it done for Oshie.

Just felt like when Hayes wasn't scoring, he wasnt doing anything. He wasnt even a physical presence either.

It's scoring or nothing.

Yea, he wasn't a 200 ft player last year. However, I see him as a long developing player that is putting all his tools together, finally. He isn't a guy to build around but I think he can definitely be an useful middle 6 guy going forward, depending on his contract demands.
Two seasons ago he could barely skate lol, last season he made some strides in that department and in the goal scoring department. I doubt he'll ever be a physical player, which is a shame, but lets see if the coaches can get him to be more involved in other aspects of the game.

Gentle Man

09/12
Nov 15, 2011
Ontario, CA
I don't have strong feelings for Hayes, just didn't get the flack he got towards the end.
IMO changes will be made for the Blues this offseason, but I doubt a 16 1st and a RFA in Hayes gets it done for Oshie.

Yea, he wasn't a 200 ft player last year. However, I see him as a long developing player that is putting all his tools together, finally. He isn't a guy to build around but I think he can definitely be an useful middle 6 guy going forward, depending on his contract demands.
Two seasons ago he could barely skate lol, last season he made some strides in that department and in the goal scoring department. I doubt he'll ever be a physical player, which is a shame, but lets see if the coaches can get him to be more involved in other aspects of the game.

He definitely made great strides. Honestly, he doesnt need to be great on defense. Not even good. at least serviceable. He has that Zach Kassian syndrome. If they don't score, they are absent. Hayes was far too often on a milk carton this past season. At least be physical ya know?

Blue Goose

May 26, 2012
Los Angeles
hockeytransplant.com
Blues and Cats are my two favorite teams, so I wanted to chime in on the Oshie-to-FLA suggestion.

If the Blues decide to move Oshie (which would make sense), I really think FLA is the perfect destination. As many have mentioned, his two-way game would fit well with Gallant's system, depth at RW seems to be one of the biggest needs, and yes, he'd sell some merch.

But the only issue would be to find a suitable deal. It seems like the most expendable guys in FLA (Trocheck, Petrovic) don't fill a need in STL. In attempting to propose a deal that would make sense to both sides, this was what I came up with:

FLA gets: TJ Oshie, conditional 2017 pick (3rd if Hyman signs, 5th if he doesn't)
STL gets: Matheson, FLA 2016 1st rd pick, rights to Zach Hyman

I figure a 1st would have to be included, and the Panthers' 2015 1st is appealing, but I'd hate for them to move their 1st in a draft that they're hosting - unless they want to announce a "Corey Schneider-to-NJ-at-the-podium" deal involving Oshie.

Hyman is a wild card: since it appears he won't sign in FLA, he would have the option of stepping right in to Oshie's spot in STL.

I'd just be afraid that Matheson would be a deal-breaker. McCoshen is appealing, but I would think STL would want someone a little closer to NHL-ready. Matheson could play one year in the AHL next year, and then take Gunnarsson's spot in 2016. But would the Panthers part with him, or would they be more inclined to move McCoshen? Or is Matheson supposed to take over if Campbell/Mitchell walk next summer?

Very curious to hear your feedback. :)

Gentle Man

09/12
Nov 15, 2011
Ontario, CA
Blues and Cats are my two favorite teams, so I wanted to chime in on the Oshie-to-FLA suggestion.

If the Blues decide to move Oshie (which would make sense), I really think FLA is the perfect destination. As many have mentioned, his two-way game would fit well with Gallant's system, depth at RW seems to be one of the biggest needs, and yes, he'd sell some merch.

But the only issue would be to find a suitable deal. It seems like the most expendable guys in FLA (Trocheck, Petrovic) don't fill a need in STL. In attempting to propose a deal that would make sense to both sides, this was what I came up with:

FLA gets: TJ Oshie, conditional 2017 pick (3rd if Hyman signs, 5th if he doesn't)

I figure a 1st would have to be included, and the Panthers' 2015 1st is appealing, but I'd hate for them to move their 1st in a draft that they're hosting - unless they want to announce a "Corey Schneider-to-NJ-at-the-podium" deal involving Oshie.

Hyman is a wild card: since it appears he won't sign in FLA, he would have the option of stepping right in to Oshie's spot in STL.

I'd just be afraid that Matheson would be a deal-breaker. McCoshen is appealing, but I would think STL would want someone a little closer to NHL-ready. Matheson could play one year in the AHL next year, and then take Gunnarsson's spot in 2016. But would the Panthers part with him, or would they be more inclined to move McCoshen? Or is Matheson supposed to take over if Campbell/Mitchell walk next summer?

I thought 2015 first for Oshie straight up was enough personally.....

KittysGotClaws

We See Red
Dec 17, 2008
N of BB&T

I'd do it. You have to give to get. Matheson is a rock solid prospect, who I'm sure we'd all love to keep. But Oshie brings too much to the table to not make that move.

KittysGotClaws

We See Red
Dec 17, 2008
N of BB&T
Sorry for my naivety but why would Oshie sell a bunch of merch?

021514_oshie2.jpg

StrangeVision

Wear a mask.
Apr 1, 2007
I think you are really overselling the Sochi thing. It was great at the time, but the USA didn't even medal in hockey. Maybe a few minutes of glory goes to Oshie, but he was still part of a very disappointing finish for USA hockey.

Android 16

Jun 23, 2011
Florida
I think you are really overselling the Sochi thing. It was great at the time, but the USA didn't even medal in hockey. Maybe a few minutes of glory goes to Oshie, but he was still part of a very disappointing finish for USA hockey.

Yes and just for the record, I'd much rather have Sharp than Oshie, imo.

KittysGotClaws

We See Red
Dec 17, 2008
N of BB&T

Yes, it was an overall fail for Team USA. But, for the non-rabid fans, millions poured into bars and celebrated that win over Russia. Oshie was invited onto talk shows and did hit the national spotlight. A lot of people will always equate him with that, and I do believe he'd sell. Again, that doesn't really matter much for us. Was just pointing it out. Aside from that, I think Oshie is real solid, and would fit in better than Sharp.

KittysGotClaws

We See Red
Dec 17, 2008
N of BB&T
Would this be enough to get McDavid?

Panthers' 2015 1st, 2016 1st, 2017 1st, Trocheck, Matheson, Petrovic

McDavid won't be moved. With all the hype surrounding him, no GM would move that pick. Especially not for quantity. It would take two or three of our untouchables to start talks, and it wouldn't be worth it on our end.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad