Speculation: Official Fantasy Trade Offers Thread 4

Status
Not open for further replies.

Brokin

Nov 30, 2014
Don't see him being better then mario

but the oilers need a stud D-man and Ekblad is the guy I would want and I know it would cost a lot to get him
Gretzky never was good with math. :)

I think they could get much more than Ekblad + our #1 if they traded the #1 pick. Too early to put the stamp on Ekblad as a stud D man.

ZamBroni

Dec 15, 2014
Ft. Lauderdale
Swap Barkov for Bjugstad and I'd do it

Interesting, after this season I value Bjugstad a bit more than Barkov. Bjugstad has shown the ability to score goals consistently which Barkov (and the rest of the team except Pirri) hasn't been able to do. I'm not saying Barkov doesn't have the ability to but Bjugstad has actually showed it.

FrolikFan67

Apr 29, 2012
Interesting, after this season I value Bjugstad a bit more than Barkov. Bjugstad has shown the ability to score goals consistently which Barkov (and the rest of the team except Pirri) hasn't been able to do. I'm not saying Barkov doesn't have the ability to but Bjugstad has actually showed it.

actually he hasn't. he's shown he has more goal scoring capabilities, i expect bjugstad to score more goals than barkov, but he has had his cold streaks throughout the year.
i value barkov more because he's the better all around player. his hands, his vision and passing, makes the players around him better, superb defense, great shot of his own and if he gets more aggressive with shooting on net like he did the later part of this year he should be good for at least 20g per season, plus he's plenty big and strong himself, protects the puck very well. i absolutely value barkov more but thats just me personally.

i actually wouldnt be interested in acquiring malkin, not for what it would cost. he's had issues staying healthy and his cap will only be behind kane and toews i think for highest, plus barkov and bjugstad are no slouches themselves, a lot cheaper, and younger. we're fine at center, focus more on the wings now.

Gentle Man

09/12
Nov 15, 2011
Ontario, CA

Right now?

Offensively Bjugstad is better by a margin. He can definitely be the goal scorer, but Barkov is better at passing and possession player especially against the boards.
Bjugstad has a better shot, but Barkov's isn't a slouch in that.

Defensively, it's Barkov. And it's not close in my Opinion. Barkov has selke potential, just need to improve in faceoffs. but his back checking, takeaways, board play again, he is beast budding into an absolute Monster.

I can't stress enough how good his board play is. And in a league where possession time is so crucial, you need great players along the boards. Bjugstad isn't bad, but Barkov is just that much better, not to mention younger. he is still a teenager, albeit for only a little while longer, but his body hasn't even finished maturing yet.

McSuper

5-14-6-1
Jun 16, 2012
Halifax
Oiler fan coming in peace . I am not sure i am right on this but it seems you are load with D . Could a deal be made with Edmonton for a winger for D ? We would prefer RHD but also LHD if they can play both sides . We need some D and you guys need some scoring .

I had that thought yesterday, and I think I would do that even as much as I love Ekblad..

Oilers aren't going to this . I think there may be a deal to be made with Florida , but McDavid is who you build around .

Eberle is getting way too much hype IMO. I can see him being exactly the type that goes invisible during playoff hockey. Plus he is totally one dimensional.

Also Guddy is just starting to look like a dominating physical presence on defense and NOW people want to get rid of him. I don't get it. Plus we have no one to replace him, Petro is way too unproven.

I agree Trocheck could be a 50 or even 60 point player, offensively he has killer instincts. But his game is suited much better for center and converting him to a winger seems like a waste.

That's why I just don't see how he can be a part of this team unless he waits for another four years that Bolland is gone.

You are certainly entitle to your opinion . I also never came on your boards to argue . I am a guess here and will be respectful . Maybe look back on Eberle career with team Canada and JR . He plays his best hockey when the games mean the most .

On another note i am glad Lou is back with you guys . He one of my favourite goalies and i hate the Canucks so it is nice i can cheer for him . good luck next year . I think you guys are a piece away from breaking out big time .

Last edited by a moderator:

Aksu

all hail Barky
Nov 10, 2013
Florida
Oiler fan coming in peace . I am not sure i am right on this but it seems you are load with D . Could a deal be made with Edmonton for a winger for D ? We would prefer RHD but also LHD if they can play both sides . We need some D and you guys need some scoring .

What would hall cost?

vendetta

#CatsAreComing
Mar 22, 2011
Edmonton
What would hall cost?

Too much... more than we could give up... they r loowing for young top4 d with top pairing pitential... we can't afford to give up any of our d right now and they aren't looking for picks or prospects... we don't need a major shakeup.. we r on the right path and just need to add a small piece while our young core developed even further

Android 16

Jun 23, 2011
Florida
Blues' latest early round exit could spell changes for them.

Would love to pry Shattenkirk away from them somehow. Oshie, eh, not so sure after seeing how he's progressing lately. He's kind of a phony "star" in the NHL; only had one 20 goal season and the shootout in Sochi gave him some phony stock.

Matheson + a draft pick for Shattenkirk. We don't even know if Matheson will ever be as good or better than KS, so maybe you roll the dice.

ShootIt

Nov 8, 2008

Would love to pry Shattenkirk away from them somehow. Oshie, eh, not so sure after seeing how he's progressing lately. He's kind of a phony "star" in the NHL; only had one 20 goal season and the shootout in Sochi gave him some phony stock.

Matheson + a draft pick for Shattenkirk. We don't even know if Matheson will ever be as good or better than KS, so maybe you roll the dice.

Should totally go after Bouwmeester.

Bet he would love to come back. :sarcasm:

I'm not a big fan of Oshie. Sure, he's a good player, but I think we need more skill than a mix of decent skill/physical play. However, if he is still good at shootouts, he could probably net us 5-7 extra points next year lol.

I don't think that's enough for Shattenkirk, depending on the pick. I would assume they would want to build around him and AP for the long term.

TheImpatientPanther

Jan 17, 2013
Ontario, Canada

Should totally go after Bouwmeester.

Bet he would love to come back. :sarcasm:

I'm not a big fan of Oshie. Sure, he's a good player, but I think we need more skill than a mix of decent skill/physical play. However, if he is still good at shootouts, he could probably net us 5-7 extra points next year lol.

I don't think that's enough for Shattenkirk, depending on the pick. I would assume they would want to build around him and AP for the long term.

He's a career .70 PPG player who excels at two way play and can consistently get 20 goals and 50-60pts. He would do well on a line with Pirri and Bjugstad.

I don't understand the shade you both are throwing his way. He brings some speed, grit and skill to the top 6. I feel he's a better fit than Sharp and could probably be had for Hayes and the 2016 1st which would be close to what Sharp would cost anyhow.

And you'd have better luck acquiring Jay-bo then Shatter. I like to dream big too but that is highly unlikely to happen.

KittysGotClaws

We See Red
Dec 17, 2008
N of BB&T

I'd love both guys. Oshie is a great guy to have in a top six role, while still providing some grit. Plus, TJ Sochi would sell a ton of merch.

That offer would be enough to kill off whoever the Blues GM is, since he'd die from laughing too hard. Shattenkirk is one of the best young offensive d-men in hockey.

Gentle Man

09/12
Nov 15, 2011
Ontario, CA
I'd love both guys. Oshie is a great guy to have in a top six role, while still providing some grit. Plus, TJ Sochi would sell a ton of merch.

That offer would be enough to kill off whoever the Blues GM is, since he'd die from laughing too hard. Shattenkirk is one of the best young offensive d-men in hockey.

This year's first straight up for Oshie?

Would love to still trade for sharp too though to have a second line of Sharp Bjug Oshie and have Pirri on the 3rd to have 3 lines of scoring

RCDeltaFixer

Mar 15, 2014
I was reading the Blues board, and one post about Oshie said that one of his main problems in STL was that he didn't have anyone on the team to keep him in check. He is expected to be in a leadership-type role on that team, but he's not "the guy" for that kind of thing.

Well guess what? He would be a perfect fit for us. We are OVERFLOWING with character guys. Oshie would never have to be in any sort of leadership role here, he could just focus on his play. I really want DT to trade for him. He'd do wonders to our top-6.

KittysGotClaws

We See Red
Dec 17, 2008
N of BB&T
This year's first straight up for Oshie?

Would love to still trade for sharp too though to have a second line of Sharp Bjug Oshie and have Pirri on the 3rd to have 3 lines of scoring

I would strongly consider it. I think we have enough youth, and honestly, if our pick turned into Oshie, wouldn't that be great? At 28, he can still fit in for a while, but might be up there enough for the Blues to consider moving, if they are looking for changes.

vendetta

#CatsAreComing
Mar 22, 2011
Edmonton
Ya I don't wanna trade this year's pick as we still don't have a blue chip scoring forward prospect... Rau Grimaldi brickley Jaycenter r Quakity middle 6 winger prospects but not enough... Oshie would be awesome... dependable 2 way player would fit right in with our system with little risk... 2 years of him then one of our prospects can take his spot and be a cheap option while we shoukd be a contender by then

Erased

Jun 18, 2014
Im still kinda against trading this years pick. Next years however is another story!

I've been on the fence about it for the most part but the way I see it, if everything goes as we hope we won't be drafting this high for another few years.

ShootIt

Nov 8, 2008
He's a career .70 PPG player who excels at two way play and can consistently get 20 goals and 50-60pts. He would do well on a line with Pirri and Bjugstad.

I don't understand the shade you both are throwing his way. He brings some speed, grit and skill to the top 6. I feel he's a better fit than Sharp and could probably be had for Hayes and the 2016 1st which would be close to what Sharp would cost anyhow.

And you'd have better luck acquiring Jay-bo then Shatter. I like to dream big too but that is highly unlikely to happen.

Depends on cost. Last I read, which was before their first round exit, the Blues fans wanted a lot for Oshie. If it something like 16 1st and Hayes...maybe but I would like to keep Hayes if we can re-sign him on a short/cheap contract. Don't understand all the flack he gets, but that's another topic.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad