Speculation: Official Fantasy Trade Offers Thread 4

Status
Not open for further replies.

Gaebriel

Jan 17, 2004
DC
I also have to comment on the "this" season.

27th*, 29th, 30th, 27th, 27th, 28th, 17th, 20th, 11th, 21st, (lockout), 24th, 29th, 27th, 24th, 7th^, 16th%, 20th+, 21st+, 12th+, 26th+, 22nd+

Starting this year and going back to the inaugural season the place Florida has finished in goals scored. In the entire history of the franchise we have finished in the top half of the league three times (1995-1996, 1999-2000, 2006-2007). 3 of 20 soon to be 21.

Although the last 6 years look particularly putrid,. it's been an endemic problem for this franchise back to its inception. No small coincidence that two of the seasons of finishing in the top half in scoring account for 2 out of our 4 total seasons of making the playoffs.

* Season in progress
+ 26 teams in the league
% 27 teams in the league
^ 28 teams in the league

Gizmo Tkachuk

Registered Loser
Sep 23, 2009
Florida

27th*, 29th, 30th, 27th, 27th, 28th, 17th, 20th, 11th, 21st, (lockout), 24th, 29th, 27th, 24th, 7th^, 16th%, 20th+, 21st+, 12th+, 26th+, 22nd+

Starting this year and going back to the inaugural season the place Florida has finished in goals scored. In the entire history of the franchise we have finished in the top half of the league three times (1995-1996, 1999-2000, 2006-2007). 3 of 20 soon to be 21.

Although the last 6 years look particularly putrid,. it's been an endemic problem for this franchise back to its inception. No small coincidence that two of the seasons of finishing in the top half in scoring account for 2 out of our 4 total seasons of making the playoffs.

* Season in progress
+ 26 teams in the league
% 27 teams in the league
^ 28 teams in the league

That makes me sad.

CoolburnIsGone

batting1k said:
Definitely agree with this. When people were forming trade proposals last season with Barkov included in them, we said Barkov was off limits. But now all of a sudden he isn't producing offensively and we're ok with trading him for Kessel? But apparently it's not about slumping? Then why were we saying Barkov wasn't available last season? Are the flashes of brilliance from last season wearing off because it was his 1st season? Doesn't make any sense.
Its not because of him slumping. Mostly it has to do with the play of other guys, specifically Bjugstad and Trocheck. Bjugstad is showing that he can be the go-to guy on offense and Trocheck is showing that last season's callup was no fluke. Without those 2 guys playing well, I dont think as many would be ok with making Barkov available. Does it make more sense now?

batting1k

Mar 3, 2013
Its not because of him slumping. Mostly it has to do with the play of other guys, specifically Bjugstad and Trocheck. Bjugstad is showing that he can be the go-to guy on offense and Trocheck is showing that last season's callup was no fluke. Without those 2 guys playing well, I dont think as many would be ok with making Barkov available. Does it make more sense now?

I guess, but just because those two guys just happen to be playing well [right now] means Barkov is suddenly expendable?

Also, Bjugstad has 1 goal in his past 6 games and Trocheck has 1 point in his last 7 games. Are they no longer capable of handling the offensive load?

IM Clutcm

Jun 20, 2014
Miami, FL
I guess, but just because those two guys just happen to be playing well [right now] means Barkov is suddenly expendable?

Also, Bjugstad has 1 goal in his past 6 games and Trocheck has 1 point in his last 7 games. Are they no longer capable of handling the offensive load?

I was about to post this. Bjugstad got hot for a few games, but has cooled off significantly since then. And again, if Barkov was playing like he did last year there's no chance we're discussing a trade like this.

PSLguy

#TimeToHunt
Jan 14, 2013
Port St. Lucie, FL
I was about to post this. Bjugstad got hot for a few games, but has cooled off significantly since then. And again, if Barkov was playing like he did last year there's no chance we're discussing a trade like this.

IMO, Bjugstad has cooled off due to facing the other team's top defensive line. This is something that he will have to adjust to as he develops as a player. Trochek is playing wing and center, once again an adjustment.

Still, I have to repeat myself - I don't like trading in the division!

GrumpyKelly

May 15, 2011
Bottom of a bottle
fqiyb.jpg

I am not exposed

Mar 16, 2014
Vancouver

The guy who hasn't got a point for 5 or so games. Trade him!

Gaebriel

Jan 17, 2004
DC
Kessel has scored 30 goals in every season he's played for the Leafs except the lockout shortened season and one season with the Bruins for a total of 5 times out of 7 full seasons. When was the last time someone scored 30 goals on this team? David Booth (31) 2008-2009. How many times has someone scored 30 goals in the history of the Florida Panthers franchise? 11 times in 20 years.

Mellanby (30), 93-94
Mellanby (32), 95-96
Whitney (32), 97-98
Bure (58), 99-00
Bure (59), 00-01
Jokinen (36), 02-03
Jokinen (38), 05-06
Jokinen (39), Horton (31) 06-07
Jokinen (34), 07-08
Booth (31), 08-09

PSLguy

#TimeToHunt
Jan 14, 2013
Port St. Lucie, FL
Kessel has scored 30 goals in every season he's played for the Leafs except the lockout shortened season and one season with the Bruins for a total of 5 times out of 7 full seasons.

In his first season with Boston he scored 29 points in 70 games (11 goals) and 37 points in 82 games (19 goals) in his second season.

No wonder Boston traded him. Why wait for his potential!

RainingRats

Dec 28, 2008
In his first season with Boston he scored 29 points in 70 games (11 goals) and 37 points in 82 games (19 goals) in his second season.

No wonder Boston traded him. Why wait for his potential!

They traded him because he didn't like it in Boston and Toronto was going to offer sheet him. It had nothing to do with perceived potential or impatience. It was a strategic move. Just like we're suggesting here. Boston would go on to win the Stanley Cup in case you forgot.

PanthersHockey1

South by Southeast
Mar 11, 2010
Palm Trees

* Season in progress
+ 26 teams in the league
% 27 teams in the league
^ 28 teams in the league

These stats are remarkable. Thanks for posting.

Im not sure if this speaks more for the need of quality throughout lineup or one star offensive player to spark a needed boost in scoring. Also the more I watch teams like chicago play the more i think having capable guys on the blueline who cant shoot it on net really help offense. A lot of chicago's offense starts on the blueline.

Top down or bottom up?

Dread Clawz

LAWSonic Boom
Nov 25, 2006
Pennsylvania

I give Bjugs 5 games and then I start including him in trade proposals. :naughty:

RainingRats

Dec 28, 2008
With top centers David Krejci and Patrice Bergeron (and a very good 4th line + Tuukka)

Okay? No reason Trocheck can't produce like Krejci in a couple years. They also had a stacked D with Chara and didn't have a 35+ goal scoerer like Kessel. I get that you're saying we need two good centers but Chicago proves that's not true. San Jose has great centers and they haven't ever been to the cup. Vancouver had Sedin and Kesler and they lost. It's not as simple as you try to make it out. What's even funnier is that Barkov isn't even a legit top 6 center right now. He's playing like a third line center and current trajectory is maybe a second line center. If Shore could be up at the NHL level, he'd bump Barkov down the depth chart.

batting1k

Mar 3, 2013
Okay? No reason Trocheck can't produce like Krejci in a couple years. They also had a stacked D with Chara and didn't have a 35+ goal scoerer like Kessel. I get that you're saying we need two good centers but Chicago proves that's not true. San Jose has great centers and they haven't ever been to the cup. Vancouver had Sedin and Kesler and they lost. It's not as simple as you try to make it out. What's even funnier is that Barkov isn't even a legit top 6 center right now. He's playing like a third line center and current trajectory is maybe a second line center. If Shore could be up at the NHL level, he'd bump Barkov down the depth chart.

Can't imagine Shore would come up and immediately provide offensive relief for this team. He's no prolific goal scorer, a playmaker if anything, and is certainly more suited to a checking / defensive role. I think Trocheck is just slightly too undersized to be a formidable center, or at least in the top 6 which is why I think he'd be more suited to the wing and especially since he's better offensively than he is defensively (not saying he's bad defensively).

Chicago has more firepower so two top centers aren't necessary. They've got a clear cut #1 center in Toews, an elite winger in Kane, two really good puck moving offensive defensemen, and a really good goalie...so it's easy to see why they don't need a really good 2nd line center.

IM Clutcm

Jun 20, 2014
Miami, FL

First you say you don't doubt Barkov's potential and now you say he'll maybe be a second line center. Come on... :help:

This team will not be Chicago. It won't. We can forget that thought right now. Sharp, Hossa, Kane, and maybe even Saad are all top quality wingers. This team may have one guy get to that level in Huberdeau, but he's more likely to be a 65 point guy. So if they bring in Kessel they still need 2 more elite level wingers to match Chicago.

Last edited:

RainingRats

Dec 28, 2008
Can't imagine Shore would come up and immediately provide offensive relief for this team. He's no prolific goal scorer, a playmaker if anything, and is certainly more suited to a checking / defensive role. I think Trocheck is just slightly too undersized to be a formidable center, or at least in the top 6 which is why I think he'd be more suited to the wing and especially since he's better offensively than he is defensively (not saying he's bad defensively).

Chicago has more firepower so two top centers aren't necessary. They've got a clear cut #1 center in Toews, an elite winger in Kane, two really good puck moving offensive defensemen, and a really good goalie...so it's easy to see why they don't need a really good 2nd line center.

We disagree about Trocheck and Shore's potential. That's fine. I think Shore can be a 40 point, two way player. I don't think Trocheck's size is an issue. Krejci is barely 6 feet fwiw.

Chicago is a much more mature team than we are. We aspire to get to their elite level and that will take time. Bjugstad could become our clear cut #1. Trocheck could be the #2. Ekblad could be the franchise D-man. Kessel could be the elite RW. And we're set in net. Plus we have guys like Hayes and Hubs who would be the top 6 wingers., Kulikov and Gudbranson being key pieces on D.

RainingRats

Dec 28, 2008
First you say you don't doubt Barkov's potential and now you say he'll maybe be a second line center. Come on... :help:

This team will not be Chicago. It won't. We can forget that thought right now. Sharp, Hossa, Kane, and maybe even Saad are all top quality wingers. This team may have one guy get to that level in Huberdeau, but he's more likely to be a 65 point guy. So if they bring in Kessel they still need 2 more elite level wingers to match Chicago.

Can you read? His trajectory right now based on real results and watching him is not the elite #1 we hope. He's on pace for like 15 points this year. That's abysmal. Now compare his trajectory to Hayes or Trocheck or Ekblad. See what I mean? Of course it can change.

This Chicago comparison is so off. Nobody is saying it will turn us into Chicago. Coolburn merely said, you don't need two great centers to win a cup.

IM Clutcm

Jun 20, 2014
Miami, FL
We disagree about Trocheck and Shore's potential. That's fine. I think Shore can be a 40 point, two way player. I don't think Trocheck's size is an issue. Krejci is barely 6 feet fwiw.

Chicago is a much more mature team than we are. We aspire to get to their elite level and that will take time. Bjugstad could become our clear cut #1. Trocheck could be the #2. Ekblad could be the franchise D-man. Kessel could be the elite RW. And we're set in net. Plus we have guys like Hayes and Hubs who would be the top 6 wingers., Kulikov and Gudbranson being key pieces on D.

Or Barkov could be the #1/2, Bjugstad could be the #1/2, Ekblad can be the franchise defenseman, Matheson could be the puck moving defenseman, Gudbranson and Kulikov could be the shut down defensemen, Huberdeau, Hayes, the 1st rounder this year, and Trocheck/Pirri/Grimaldi/Rau could be the top six wingers.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad