Speculation: Official Fantasy Trade Offers/Armchair GM Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.

RainingRats

Dec 28, 2008
stepan is making 6.5per for another 4 years. rather spend that money for something thats not another center.

Move Tro to wing with Huberdeau and Barkov or with Stepan. Could also move Tro or Stephan to 3c in name only.

Stepan is very good defensively too.

tooncesmeow

May 3, 2013
Melbourne, FL
One guy to thinka bout is Radim Vrbata. Pending UFA, RW, put up 20 goals on the Coyotes. Is 35 so he's getting up there, but his production hasn't been tapering off that bad.

SoupyFIN

#OneTerritory
Nov 7, 2011
I noticed during the Hawks/Preds game that Salomaki isn't playing, he's had a very injury riddled season (only 5 NHL games + 4 games conditioning stint in the AHL) and I have to wonder if he's fallen behind on the Preds depth chart because of it so much, that he isn't in their future plans anymore.

Not exactly eye dropping numbers, but you have to keep in mind that he played mostly 4th line minutes last year. Physical 2-way guy, played on the Preds first PK-unit last year in the playoffs too. "Bull in a china shop" is a phrase often used to describe him. Our bottom6 could use a guy like him.

Android 16

Jun 23, 2011
Florida
It's too bad we couldn't pull off Radulov in the summer. Who knows, maybe he would've helped produce another goal or two here and there. We could've been closer when Huberdeau returned. It's obvious we need another piece in the top six quickly. There's no one in the org that is gonna step in and take it.

I'd like to see us try to lure someone in from the KHL, etc. We need more offensive production (especially if Jagr + Tallon don't get a deal done).

Ryuji Yamazaki

Do yuu undastahn!?
Jul 22, 2015
It's too bad we couldn't pull off Radulov in the summer. Who knows, maybe he would've helped produce another goal or two here and there. We could've been closer when Huberdeau returned. It's obvious we need another piece in the top six quickly. There's no one in the org that is gonna step in and take it.

I'd like to see us try to lure someone in from the KHL, etc. We need more offensive production (especially if Jagr + Tallon don't get a deal done).

Whatever happened to Shipachev?

SoupyFIN

#OneTerritory
Nov 7, 2011
I doubt any of the KHL players that are on the fence of coming over or not, aren't coming over now that the NHL isn't going to the Olympics.

Brokin

Nov 30, 2014
I see Brandon Bollig is a UFA. I know Tallon loves the guy as he was part of SC team in 2013. Had 10G/10A for Stockton Heat and Calgary seems pretty set with their truculence next season. Made $1.25 to play in the minors this year and it looks like a guy Tallon may go after for some enforcement who can actually play the game. :)

Ghoste

#JustGetIn
Sponsor
Sep 14, 2005
San Diego, CA
I see Brandon Bollig is a UFA. I know Tallon loves the guy as he was part of SC team in 2013. Had 10G/10A for Stockton Heat and Calgary seems pretty set with their truculence next season. Made $1.25 to play in the minors this year and it looks like a guy Tallon may go after for some enforcement who can actually play the game. :)

Tallon definitely has some 4th line toughness options if he chooses.

Gazdic
White
Bollig

-ghoste

Brokin

Nov 30, 2014
Tallon definitely has some 4th line toughness options if he chooses.

Gazdic
White
Bollig

-ghoste
White can play the game but the guy just takes too many emotional penalties and he's really not a pure enforcer. Gazdic has a game and has seemed to embrace the fact he needs to be more than a one dimensional enforcer. He certainly is someone to look at along with Bollig and Haley. Bollig may be the more well rounded and mature of the group, so we'll have to see who Tallon can round up. :)

vendetta

#CatsAreComing
Mar 22, 2011
Edmonton
They won't be acquiring enforcers like gazdic.. they need guys that can actually play... king is probably the best I've heard thus far... someone like kassian would be ideal.. he is having a hell of a game tonight and can play a 2nd 3rd line role decent minutes and be physical.. need someone like him..

RainingRats

Dec 28, 2008
I think Brendan Smith could be a UFA target for us if a d-man gets selected in the expansion draft. Rangers will have difficulty signing him. His brother plays here which may be help if we want to go after him. He's been great in the two games for the Rangers.

A team like the Rangers should be a Tallon target since they'll need some cap space relief and he loves trading in those situations. Lots of different options there to help us. Kreider, Nash, and even Stepan.

Another team could be the Blackhawks. Kruger would be a nice addition to our third line.

Minnesota could be a team looking to make changes if they lose in the first round but their forwards are pretty old. Maybe swap one of our forwards for one of their D. They prob can't afford to extend Hanzal who should be a target for us.

I think Evander Kane could be sold high. There was some not so positive press about him. Although I don't see Tallon liking him. That's a guy who could fit on the top line nicely. Someone who has speed, is physical, and can finish.

Another UFA for the bottom six could be Viktor Stalberg, he skates very well, can play LW/RW.

harv33173

Oct 5, 2003
i've always liked stewart. wanted him for a long time. he still seems to be effective and is a great fighter with speed and finishing ability. should have acquired him years ago!

RainingRats

Dec 28, 2008
Maybe we should go for Alex Galchenyuk. He's on the 4th line in Montreal. I rate him quite highly.

He was moved up during the game. Montreal isn't going to trade him, he's a nice young piece and with Julien as coach, he's going to have to earn his ice time like he did last night. Montreal would be silly to move him because I'm sure they rate him quite highly too.

FrolikFan67

Apr 29, 2012
this is not a proposal but more just wanna hear thoughts and start a conversation.
some have said trade ekblad, I'm not for this unless its for a star rw, but even if we go down this hypothetical road what would people think about prying larkin out of detroit? just curious, won't say I'm for or against it, but looking at teams that would want him detroit is a team that needs d, he's from windsor which is right across from detroit, has family nearby there and wore a tigers cap the other day, and larkin fits the mold of that speed that kills type of player that management probably would love, also young at 20 with potential and still on his elc, either as a center or winger. i think it'd take more than just him, but as a starting point or the prime piece in a deal would this make sense or not at all in your guys opinion? highly unlikely on the fact alone that theyre divisional rivals.
if a deal were to go down most likely it would be out west. looking over there i see rantanen on the avs, how about him plus their 1st if its pick #3.

im not for trading him, but on that topic who are some possible names that couldddd make sense?

Jean Luc Discard

Jul 11, 2014
this is not a proposal but more just wanna hear thoughts and start a conversation.
some have said trade ekblad, I'm not for this unless its for a star rw, but even if we go down this hypothetical road what would people think about prying larkin out of detroit? just curious, won't say I'm for or against it, but looking at teams that would want him detroit is a team that needs d, he's from windsor which is right across from detroit, has family nearby there and wore a tigers cap the other day, and larkin fits the mold of that speed that kills type of player that management probably would love, also young at 20 with potential and still on his elc, either as a center or winger. i think it'd take more than just him, but as a starting point or the prime piece in a deal would this make sense or not at all in your guys opinion? highly unlikely on the fact alone that theyre divisional rivals.
if a deal were to go down most likely it would be out west. looking over there i see rantanen on the avs, how about him plus their 1st if its pick #3.

im not for trading him, but on that topic who are some possible names that couldddd make sense?

If Jagr is coming back for the next year, then the top6 is already occupied by HBJ, Smith (assuming he's not picked by VGK), Troch and March. So the focus is on the bottom6. In that sense, Larkin is too high end for 3rd line center duties and Detroit needs every cent of cap space going forward. Detroit might escape the cap crunch with the help of VGK but it's unlikely because e.g. Tatar isn't going to accept a bridge deal at 26yo.

The Wild might release some players if their road stops to the first round after they traded their 1st and 2nd in order to go all in. However, also they can survive depending which player the VGK pick. The Wild will go soon on a transition where guys like Tuch, Eriksson Ek and Kunin will be competing for top6 positions, a lot of their players start to regress and they have to figure out how to score more goals in the playoffs.

It is really difficult to trade a bunch of somethings for a quality player. My hunch is that the recent trades involving big names are associated with toxicity e.g. Kane and Bogosian not meshing well in the locker room, Boston trading Smith and Seguin away because they do not fit into their culture, Hall having a reputation of being a deuch in Edmonton, and Subban drawing too much attention to himself. If Tallon is big on #character then I'd be looking at teams that are complete opposites to the Cats org and pick players that might be on the block in those organizations.

I'd be looking at bottom6 players, like Paajarvi, Nick Shore or Erik Haula for the 4th line center and push MacK to the LW or 13th forward if Tallon can lure Mamin to sign a contract and he'll do well in the dev/training camp.

Huberdeau - Barkov - Jagr
Smith/McCann - Trocheck - Marchessault
McCann/Mamin - Malgin - Hawryluk
Mamin/Paajarvi - Haula - Scevior

RogerRoger

Jul 23, 2013
I know the HERO chart as a bad rep around here, but they have a new fun tool. You create a lineup and it gives you some stats including expected points! This lineup is good for 100 points, book your playoffs tickets asap! :laugh:

Huberdeau-Barkov-Jagr
Marchessault-Trocheck-Smith
Jokinen-Winnik-Sceviour
Mackenzie-Bjugstad- King

Yandle-Petrovic
Smith-Pysyk
Matheson-Ekblad

TheImpatientPanther

Jan 17, 2013
Ontario, Canada
We should go after Kruger for the 3C role next year but pre-expansion draft. Chicago could shed his salary and the return would probably be picks. See if we can snag John Hayden in the deal as well.

Huberdeau - Barkov - Marchessault
Smith - Trocheck - Bjugstad
Malgin - Kruger - Hayden
Jokinen - Mack - Sceviour

sign a fringe NHL/AHL enforcer for the 13th forward role.

Yandle - Petro/Pysyk
Matheson - Ekblad
FA/Kulikov :sarcasm: - Demers

Weegar

Lu
Reimer

16Skippy

Sep 12, 2009
We should go after Kruger for the 3C role next year but pre-expansion draft. Chicago could shed his salary and the return would probably be picks. See if we can snag John Hayden in the deal as well.

Huberdeau - Barkov - Marchessault
Smith - Trocheck - Bjugstad
Malgin - Kruger - Hayden
Jokinen - Mack - Sceviour

sign a fringe NHL/AHL enforcer for the 13th forward role.

Yandle - Petro/Pysyk
Matheson - Ekblad
FA/Kulikov :sarcasm: - Demers

Weegar

Lu
Reimer

Petro/Pysyk on the first line? That's kinda greasy lol

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad