Speculation: Official Fantasy Trade Offers/Armchair GM Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.

Braeden

Jul 14, 2009
Ya I'd be cool with that. Where do you see Bjugstad fitting into your depth chart? As Center or Winger?

Our forwards would probably look something like

Sedin-Sedin-Granlund
Baertschi-Horvat-Boeser
Virtanen/Goldobin-Bjugstad-Eriksson
Gaunce-Chaput-Dorsett/Boucher

The Horvat line is essentially our 1st line right now. We seem to have an extra forward or 2 as of right now. That's banking on Derek Dorsett being able to play hockey after his neck fusion surgery.

Brokin

Nov 30, 2014
Flames seem intrigued by a Bjugstad for Bennett swap.

I'd laugh all the way to the bank.
Main board posters maybe, but not Brian Burke and Co. and their truculence philosophy. Nick can't play that type of game and the rest of his game doesn't offset his softness. :)

PBPantherfan

Feb 7, 2010
Lake Worth, FL
Tom Rowe for 3 flaming bags of poo. One for Joyce, one for @Dougielarge, and one for Viola.

9-01-Billy-Madison-quotes.gif

Wish I could shop one of their faces on this.

IceManCat

#TheFloridaPanthers
Jul 13, 2006
The Rat Den
Neither of those are true iirc.

You guys can point out the off ice/locker room issues from the clip, I missed those.

Rick Nash just simply wanted out of CBJ. Benn is in a similar situation. He's 27 and the Stars are not going to be a in position where they are able to compete for the cup.

lol a 4 minute clip with cameras in your face isn't going to get in to a ton of detail as to why Seguin was traded. But if you take a look at what Cam Neely said he is insinuating than Seguin didn't want to play the Boston style and that him and Julien were at odds, which is indicative of the locker room issues being discussed here.

In regards to Nash being traded, Columbus was bad with him and they wanted to improve the team top to bottom. Nash had a NTC and chose the Rangers. He didn't request a trade out as their is no evidence of that. On the other hand their is evidence from the Columbus GM that they wanted to move on from him and be a more complete team not the other way around. In his final season before being traded Nash put up 59 points in 82 games. Solid first line production indeed. On the other hand Jamie Benn is a PPG player the same age as Nash when he was traded. Only Benn is one of the best forwards in hockey something Nash was not when he was traded and also was not for years before being traded. One is a super star elite franchise player the other a very good first liner. Their absolutely no chance Benn is being traded. You don't trade a top 5 offensive player in the game in the beginning of his prime.

Braeden

Jul 14, 2009
Hm, 12.37m in cap space next season with a roster of:

Huberdeau-Barkov-Jagr (needs a contract)
Jokinen-Trocheck-JAM
Malgin-Bjugstad-Smith
MacKenzie-McCann-Sceviour

Yandle-Ekblad
Matheson-Demers
Pysyk (needs a contract)-UFA/re-signing

Luongo
Reimer

I expect Pysyk to take a 2-3 year deal worth 2.5-3m, Jagr will probably take another year but the salary is still a question. Have to think he will want 3m/around there.

That would put the Panthers at 6.87m cap space. There's also the Vegas draft, who would be selected from Florida?

Barkov/Huberdeau/Trocheck/Bjugstad/Jokinen/Smith/JAM protected for Forwards
Ekblad/Yandle/Demers for Dmen
Luongo for Goalie

that would leave...Reimer?

Jean Luc Discard

Jul 11, 2014
lol a 4 minute clip with cameras in your face isn't going to get in to a ton of detail as to why Seguin was traded. But if you take a look at what Cam Neely said he is insinuating than Seguin didn't want to play the Boston style and that him and Julien were at odds, which is indicative of the locker room issues being discussed here.

In regards to Nash being traded, Columbus was bad with him and they wanted to improve the team top to bottom. Nash had a NTC and chose the Rangers. He didn't request a trade out as their is no evidence of that. On the other hand their is evidence from the Columbus GM that they wanted to move on from him and be a more complete team not the other way around. In his final season before being traded Nash put up 59 points in 82 games. Solid first line production indeed. On the other hand Jamie Benn is a PPG player the same age as Nash when he was traded. Only Benn is one of the best forwards in hockey something Nash was not when he was traded and also was not for years before being traded. One is a super star elite franchise player the other a very good first liner. Their absolutely no chance Benn is being traded. You don't trade a top 5 offensive player in the game in the beginning of his prime.

The thing is that you don't got no evidence. Even Marchand was in the same rumor basket with Seguin but he didn't get traded. :laugh:

https://www.nhl.com/news/rick-nash-...-to-rebuild-team-and-help-his-career/c-619577

Yeah, no evidence of such... except Howson himself confirming that Nash wanted out.

"He obviously wants a change," said Howson, who was first approached by Nash in January about being moved."
"One major problem will be building a team around a captain who has already said he'd prefer to be elsewhere."

Nash is equal in value at Benn's age. Nash put up 70-80pts in CBJ when the next best players were Huselius and Umberger.

Any other lies you might want to add?

Jean Luc Discard

Jul 11, 2014
Hm, 12.37m in cap space next season with a roster of:

Huberdeau-Barkov-Jagr (needs a contract)
Jokinen-Trocheck-JAM
Malgin-Bjugstad-Smith
MacKenzie-McCann-Sceviour

Yandle-Ekblad
Matheson-Demers
Pysyk (needs a contract)-UFA/re-signing

Luongo
Reimer

I expect Pysyk to take a 2-3 year deal worth 2.5-3m, Jagr will probably take another year but the salary is still a question. Have to think he will want 3m/around there.

That would put the Panthers at 6.87m cap space. There's also the Vegas draft, who would be selected from Florida?

Barkov/Huberdeau/Trocheck/Bjugstad/Jokinen/Smith/JAM protected for Forwards
Ekblad/Yandle/Demers for Dmen
Luongo for Goalie

that would leave...Reimer?

All things considered, most likely Ek, Yandle and Petrovic will the ones protected if they'll go with the 7+3+1-model. I believe that would leave Demers to be picked up by Vegas. Reimer will be protected because Luongo is getting injured more often and he had a worse year than Reimer.

Bjugstad's value is really low atm and I'm doubtful that he would return Sutter at this point. On the other hand, there's enough reason to take a chance on Nick because he's still young and has displayed decent effort and scoring in the previous year. But it's very unlike that he'll be able to bounce back with the Panthers.

Malgin and McCann are projects and compete for the center positions which are occupied by Barkov and Trocheck. Thus, both of 'em are potential trade pieces for a 3C or a 1st line RW.

Braeden

Jul 14, 2009
All things considered, most likely Ek, Yandle and Petrovic will the ones protected if they'll go with the 7+3+1-model. I believe that would leave Demers to be picked up by Vegas. Reimer will be protected because Luongo is getting injured more often and he had a worse year than Reimer.

Bjugstad's value is really low atm and I'm doubtful that he would return Sutter at this point. On the other hand, there's enough reason to take a chance on Nick because he's still young and has displayed decent effort and scoring in the previous year. But it's very unlike that he'll be able to bounce back with the Panthers.

Malgin and McCann are projects and compete for the center positions which are occupied by Barkov and Trocheck. Thus, both of 'em are potential trade pieces for a 3C or a 1st line RW.
McCann can be a great defensive C when he wants to be. He also has a pretty lethal shot too when he wants to use it. Just needs to put his tools in his toolbox type of thing.

Canucks would be very interested in Bjugstad, a right handed shot C that has size and knows how to use it. Think he'd flourish in Van honestly. Not sure Sutter would waive his NTC for Florida though. What else would you guys want?

IceManCat

#TheFloridaPanthers
Jul 13, 2006
The Rat Den
The thing is that you don't got no evidence. Even Marchand was in the same rumor basket with Seguin but he didn't get traded. :laugh:

https://www.nhl.com/news/rick-nash-...-to-rebuild-team-and-help-his-career/c-619577

Yeah, no evidence of such... except Howson himself confirming that Nash wanted out.

"He obviously wants a change," said Howson, who was first approached by Nash in January about being moved."
"One major problem will be building a team around a captain who has already said he'd prefer to be elsewhere."

Nash is equal in value at Benn's age. Nash put up 70-80pts in CBJ when the next best players were Huselius and Umberger.

:laugh::laugh::laugh:

Rick Nash had one season where he scored more than 70 points before being traded, that was three years before being traded. Jamie Benn has scored more than 70 points for the last three years and is once again 3 points away from 70. Benn has 2 season where he scored more than a point per game something Nash has never done. Laughable to suggest they have similar production or are similar players.

In regards to the trade way to pick out a random quote to try and lie about the situation.

Let me give you more to quote:

"I was informed by management that there was a rebuild, a reshape, in the team and I personally felt I could be a huge part of that towards bringing assets in," he said. "In my view, that was the best thing for the team, the organization, and personally for my career." - Rick Nash

"I don't think necessarily it was, 'I want out.' It had to be the right fit for him," forward Derek Dorsett said of Nash's trade demand. "Rick loves Columbus, he loves it here. He loves this organization. It's one of those things where it's a business and he thought maybe he could help this organization.

"But the right fit wasn't there." - Derek Dorsett

Management did not want to keep him around, they were rebuilding. He asked to move on. Benn is no where near a similar position. The Stars have Spezza, Sharp, Seguin, Klingberg and made the playoffs just one year ago. They are not a rebuilding team. Nash made the playoffs just once in his career with the Blue Jackets :laugh:

vendetta

#CatsAreComing
Mar 22, 2011
Edmonton

Not sure what's further from the truth.. Nash and been holdinsimilar value, or huberdeau not being a good player..:laugh: [mod]

Last edited by a moderator:

Jean Luc Discard

Jul 11, 2014
:laugh::laugh::laugh:

Rick Nash had one season where he scored more than 70 points before being traded, that was three years before being traded. Jamie Benn has scored more than 70 points for the last three years and is once again 3 points away from 70. Benn has 2 season where he scored more than a point per game something Nash has never done. Laughable to suggest they have similar production or are similar players.

In regards to the trade way to pick out a random quote to try and lie about the situation.

Let me give you more to quote:

"I was informed by management that there was a rebuild, a reshape, in the team and I personally felt I could be a huge part of that towards bringing assets in," he said. "In my view, that was the best thing for the team, the organization, and personally for my career." - Rick Nash

"I don't think necessarily it was, 'I want out.' It had to be the right fit for him," forward Derek Dorsett said of Nash's trade demand. "Rick loves Columbus, he loves it here. He loves this organization. It's one of those things where it's a business and he thought maybe he could help this organization.

"But the right fit wasn't there." - Derek Dorsett

Management did not want to keep him around, they were rebuilding. He asked to move on. Benn is no where near a similar position. The Stars have Spezza, Sharp, Seguin, Klingberg and made the playoffs just one year ago. They are not a rebuilding team. Nash made the playoffs just once in his career with the Blue Jackets :laugh:

:laugh:

Excellent, these lies are easy to dissect.

It's quite obvious that you're unfamiliar with the team Nash had in CBJ during his tenure. The didn't enter the playoffs because all they had was Nash and the pipeline at the time didn't look great. RyJo and Jenner weren't looking exactly stars in the making and CJB's future relied on the shoulders of Nash and he knew it. CBJ had to get rid of him because he was going to lose his motivation and his trade value would plummet.
As far as Benn goes, he has fully developed Seguin, Spezza and Klingberg at least, types of players that Nash didn't have the privilege of playing with or wouldn't have if he had stayed with the CJB.

Do you think that Nash would've said that "Yeah, CBJ was a no good sob organization destined to be doomed and I don't want to be part of that". Every player that has a shred of decency will say that he loved to play for their former club and yada yada. Oh, he's such good sport about it he has thought in advance of the haul he would bring in a trade. As a player that it committed for an organization, you just think about the next game and that's all there is to it. That "fit" was about him not wanting to be part of it anymore and therefore he initiated the trade by requesting it. Quote and jump into irrational conclusions more if you like.

And the team was going to a rebuild? It was already in one by finishing their seasons at the bottom in a regular basis because they have the players to support Nash at any point. Usually when there is a rebuild a lá Kessel trade to the Pens, a lot of futures will be handed over but not in Nash's case because the haul consisted of a late first rounder and secondary role players, none of which would indicate starting of a rebuild because they were already in one.

You can refer to their point totals but you got nothing going for Benn in their respective roster make up. Nash was always in the position where his importance to the team was sky high and Benn doesn't even into the picture as far as that is concerned. Benn has always had players that he could rely on. It's laughable in your opinion because you operate under ignorance. :)

Last edited:

IceManCat

#TheFloridaPanthers
Jul 13, 2006
The Rat Den
:laugh:

Excellent, these lies are easy to dissect.

It's quite obvious that you're unfamiliar with the team Nash had in CBJ during his tenure. The didn't enter the playoffs because all they had was Nash and the pipeline at the time didn't look great. RyJo and Jenner weren't looking exactly stars in the making and CJB's future relied on the shoulders of Nash and he knew it. CBJ had to get rid of him because he was going to lose his motivation and his trade value would plummet.
As far as Benn goes, he has fully developed Seguin, Spezza and Klingberg at least, types of players that Nash didn't have the privilege of playing with or wouldn't have if he had stayed with the CJB.

Do you think that Nash would've said that "Yeah, CBJ was a no good sob organization destined to be doomed and I don't want to be part of that". Every player that has a shred of decency will say that he loved to play for their former club and yada yada. Oh, he's such good sport about it he has thought in advance of the haul he would bring in a trade. As a player that it committed for an organization, you just think about the next game and that's all there is to it. That "fit" was about him not wanting to be part of it anymore and therefore he initiated the trade by requesting it. Quote and jump into irrational conclusions more if you like.

And the team was going to a rebuild? It was already in one by finishing their seasons at the bottom in a regular basis because they have the players to support Nash at any point. Usually when there is a rebuild a lá Kessel trade to the Pens, a lot of futures will be handed over but not in Nash's case because the haul consisted of a late first rounder and secondary role players, none of which would indicate starting of a rebuild because they were already in one.

You can refer to their point totals but you got nothing going for Benn in their respective roster make up. Nash was always in the position where his importance to the team was sky high and Benn doesn't even into the picture as far as that is concerned. Benn has always had players that he could rely on. It's laughable in your opinion because you operate under ignorance. :)

Lets assume Nash had no one to play with in Columbus. Why than are his number even worse in New York despite playing on one of the best teams in the league. Nash has one season in New York where he got 42 points. His best season he got 69 points. Whats the excuse for not putting up points on an offensively charged and of the best in the league Ranger team?:popcorn: Injuries?? Even in his injured years he was on pace for 45 points. Vincent Trocheck scores more than him.... And you are going to consider this guy in the same territory as Jamie Benn because of one good year where he still wasn't better than Benn. Benn this year is going to outscore Nash's best year in New York while missing 20 games... Even though Nash plays on one of the best teams in the league and Benn plays on one of the worst. :laugh:

Jean Luc Discard

Jul 11, 2014
Lets assume Nash had no one to play with in Columbus. Why than are his number even worse in New York despite playing on one of the best teams in the league. Nash has one season in New York where he got 42 points. His best season he got 69 points. Whats the excuse for not putting up points on an offensively charged and of the best in the league Ranger team?:popcorn: Injuries?? Even in his injured years he was on pace for 45 points. Vincent Trocheck scores more than him.... And you are going to consider this guy in the same territory as Jamie Benn because of one good year where he still wasn't better than Benn. Benn this year is going to outscore Nash's best year in New York while missing 20 games... Even though Nash plays on one of the best teams in the league and Benn plays on one of the worst. :laugh:

http://hfboards.mandatory.com/showthread.php?t=1828795

I'm not the only one who think he's in the territory. Still not convinced? OK, set up a "Nash vs. Benn @25-27yo" and let's see the results. I'll let you even spin your best marketing for Benn, here's a copy-paste which you can use for it: "It's universally known that Benn is miles ahead of Nash at same age but I just wanna how many ignorant pos we have in this board who disagree with me". :)

IceManCat

#TheFloridaPanthers
Jul 13, 2006
The Rat Den
http://hfboards.mandatory.com/showthread.php?t=1828795

I'm not the only one who think he's in the territory. Still not convinced? OK, set up a "Nash vs. Benn @25-27yo" and let's see the results. I'll let you even spin your best marketing for Benn, here's a copy-paste which you can use for it: "It's universally known that Benn is miles ahead of Nash at same age but I just wanna how many ignorant pos we have in this board who disagree with me". :)

1.) You didn't refute a single thing that I said because there is no argument for Nash being in the same league as Benn.

2.) The poll you listed, showed that 50% of the people feel that Benn is the second best left winger in hockey. The same poll shows that only 25% of the people think Rick Nash is the second best left wing in hockey. The poll clearly shows a skew of more than double in favor of Benn. I don't get point you were trying to make? That more than half of people agree with me while only a small minority agree with you?

Jean Luc Discard

Jul 11, 2014
1.) You didn't refute a single thing that I said because there is no argument for Nash being in the same league as Benn.

2.) The poll you listed, showed that 50% of the people feel that Benn is the second best left winger in hockey. The same poll shows that only 25% of the people think Rick Nash is the second best left wing in hockey. The poll clearly shows a skew of more than double in favor of Benn. I don't get point you were trying to make? That more than half of people agree with me while only a small minority agree with you?

You say that Nash isn't even near Benn value-wise. But 25% of the ppl who voted considered Nash a better player than Benn. Is there something unclear to you? Hard to draw the conclusion that he's about equal in value? Do you need an exact 50/50 outcome? :laugh:

Why should I refute stats-watching? If you're happy with being ignorant with their circumstances where they accrued their point totals, well then, more power to you, I couldn't care less. Set up that poll and you might have something going your way, probably not though. I've made my points clear in the original argument of Nash being traded to the Rags and how that's related to Benn's current situation. :)

Gizmo Tkachuk

Registered Loser
Sep 23, 2009
Florida
I think we have a big decision to make with our 1st this draft, especially if we are picking in the top 10.

Assuming Jagr does not return for next year, we have a glaring hole in our 1st line RW spot (some would even say it was a hole even with Jagr). Do we look to trade the 1st to a rebuilding team for a Jagr replacement? Or maybe even try to bolster our D corps and find a suitable partner for Ekblad?

Trade the pick or draft? Who could we get for say the 1st and any prospect not named Borgstrom or Mascherin?

Little Bobby Boo

Jul 30, 2014
really hoping Demers gets taken, and maybe we could sign Alzner?

I feel like Alzner would do well with Ekblad, maybe McCoshen can do it, I feel that would be a good pairing.

We need to have Hawyrluk and Mascherin up next year too. We need to start scoring goals

RainingRats

Dec 28, 2008
really hoping Demers gets taken, and maybe we could sign Alzner?

I feel like Alzner would do well with Ekblad, maybe McCoshen can do it, I feel that would be a good pairing.

We need to have Hawyrluk and Mascherin up next year too. We need to start scoring goals

We need a steady veteran to play with Ekblad. McCoshen is going to have similar issues that Matheson had and pairing him with Ekblad could exacerbate the pairing issues. Alzner would be a great fit for Ekblad, that would be a nice pickup and if Demers gets claimed, that's who we should go after.

RainingRats

Dec 28, 2008
I think we have a big decision to make with our 1st this draft, especially if we are picking in the top 10.

Assuming Jagr does not return for next year, we have a glaring hole in our 1st line RW spot (some would even say it was a hole even with Jagr). Do we look to trade the 1st to a rebuilding team for a Jagr replacement? Or maybe even try to bolster our D corps and find a suitable partner for Ekblad?

Trade the pick or draft? Who could we get for say the 1st and any prospect not named Borgstrom or Mascherin?

I think the first should be in play if we can get a legit top 6 forward. Maybe Colorado would be interested if they want to do another rebuild. Even if Jagr comes back it would be a good idea if we could get a young top 6 winger under contract.

RainingRats

Dec 28, 2008
Ranger fans think Derek Stephan could be available to clear cap space. Sign me up! He's so underrated, was smith like snake bit this year. Another option could be Rick Nash to add to our top 6. An upgrade on Jagr.

We'd have to move Bjugstad to clear space for either move.

Based on Tallon's track record, he'll be sniffing out a team in need of some cap space relief. Kruger in Chicago could be an option too to add to our forward group.

FrolikFan67

Apr 29, 2012
stepan is making 6.5per for another 4 years. rather spend that money for something thats not another center.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad