Speculation: Official Fantasy Trade Offers/Armchair GM Thread: 2018-20 edition

Status
Not open for further replies.

FrolikFan67

Apr 29, 2012
I still want kovalchuk. At a cheap 1yr contract, that is. But he was always one of my favorite players from another team. Big reason why I chose 17 in college.

GermanPanther

Foundation Defense
Dec 21, 2015
Munich, Germany
I´m on the Train to pass along Hoffmann and Matheson, single wise or in a Package. The Question is what would we get in return that really help us. Special in our own Zone.

RealHumanBean

Mar 23, 2018
Did anyone else read that Eklund rumor on the trade boards? Supposedly chicago would trade toews and keith to LA for doughty and an "A prospect". But wait there's more! LA would then potentially trade keith to florida for strålman.

Jean Luc Discard

Jul 11, 2014
Speaking of Pisser, if we seriously have to play a third pairing D as a bottom six forward we need to upgrade that position at the deadline. There's no way he can be the best option at that spot.

On the other hand, if this team is heading into the playoffs Dale will be trying to acquire cheapo guys like Pisser at the deadline just to get some potential injury replacements that can play at the NHL level. The Cats really can't rely on Springfield's rookies and career AHLers during that time.

Reactions: Randy Butternubs

Randy Butternubs

Mar 15, 2008
Morningside
Does Pysyk still have "puck moving" ability? This includes skating the puck out of the D-zone. I don't think there's room for him on the Pens this season but I have some interest in him come the off-season.

Also, the Pens could probably provide the Cats some forward depth this season. I'm mostly thinking Dominik Simon, but Crosby seems fond of him.

KW

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Mar 21, 2006
Does Pysyk still have "puck moving" ability? This includes skating the puck out of the D-zone. I don't think there's room for him on the Pens this season but I have some interest in him come the off-season.

Also, the Pens could probably provide the Cats some forward depth this season. I'm mostly thinking Dominik Simon, but Crosby seems fond of him.
Just take him. Send us a thank you card. We’ll send you a gift card to Barnes and Noble self improvement section.

Gentle Man

09/12
Nov 15, 2011
Ontario, CA

Yup. He is a decent puck mover....as a winger.

iam76

Sep 30, 2011
Connecticut
Lias Anderson. Watched him in Hartford a few weeks back and he potted a few. This guy was over drafted and value is at an all time low. Wonder what it would take to grab him. I know people may worry but I think he is a solid guy with goal scoring ability and young

Jean Luc Discard

Jul 11, 2014
Do we want Burns? SJ is a dumpster fire.

That contract is ugly though, takes him to 40.

There's no way SJS will trade Burns. Even if they could get rid off Jones' contract with the same swing of the front entrance door.
They only need to acquire another goat lender with Jones as the backup and fill the entire bottom6 with league minimum contracts.

Lias Anderson. Watched him in Hartford a few weeks back and he potted a few. This guy was over drafted and value is at an all time low. Wonder what it would take to grab him. I know people may worry but I think he is a solid guy with goal scoring ability and young

He's been total bust so far in his North America adventure. Even Malgin is considerably better.
I could see him traded for some other player with attitude issues.

GrumpyKelly

May 15, 2011
Bottom of a bottle
There's no way SJS will trade Burns. Even if they could get rid off Jones' contract with the same swing of the front entrance door.
They only need to acquire another goat lender with Jones as the backup and fill the entire bottom6 with league minimum contracts.

Are you saying they're not trading Burns because they're still in it? I don't know, looking pretty grim right now. Ten points out and I know they're capable of reversing it again but this team looks bad. EK is a tirefire and the old guys are older. Plus Pavelski is gone. It's not like it's the same old group trying to make a comeback.

CREW99AW

Mar 12, 2002
Kovalchuk is done. He's far from an effective nhl player at this point. Kings actively removed him from the team so their young players wouldn't be able to observe or develop his habits. Stay the hell away
At the end of last season, king posters were saying his defensive play was so bad the head coach would not play him late in games.

I am not sure if that was a decline in play or unwillingness to put the effort in. Either way, any team that picks him up should only do so if he signs a bonus based deal, for the rest of this season.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad