Speculation: Official Fantasy Trade Offers/Armchair GM Thread: 2018-20 edition

Status
Not open for further replies.

TheImpatientPanther

Jan 17, 2013
Ontario, Canada
So Trocheck seems to be the scapegoat this year. Some points I cant argue against but dont feel he's been as horrible as some suggest either.

Let's see some realistic trades to replace him and/or possibly bring in a LD as well?

RainingRats

Dec 28, 2008
So Trocheck seems to be the scapegoat this year. Some points I cant argue against but dont feel he's been as horrible as some suggest either.

Let's see some realistic trades to replace him and/or possibly bring in a LD as well?
I would trade Tro for a center who, like him, needs a change of scenery. I'm sure there is a GM who will overvalue him because if he gets on track, his contract is very good. Or trade Hoffman for a rental center. No clue who these players are that we would trade for.

Reactions: ThePatientPanther

Gentle Man

09/12
Nov 15, 2011
Ontario, CA

I havent liked his game for 2+ years now.

This year he is absolutely horrible. Problem with players that rely on speed like him is when it gets taken away (age, injuries), he doesnt have the skill or IQ to make up for that deficit.

Thus, we are left with a net negative of a player. He honestly hasnt done anything well this year. Defense, offense, neutral zone, back check, passing, shooting, etc.

Reactions: I am not exposed

FrolikFan67

Apr 29, 2012
Trocheck is useless and just deadweight. Outside of the shootout that is. That’s literally the only thing he’s been contributing to. And with wingers like Connolly and Hoffman it’d be great if we had a legit 2nd line center. Preferably a playmaker.
Teams always need centers and there are a good handful of stupid, stuck in the past GM’s. Offensively we’d see no difference with him gone at this point so if we could add a D, I’d do it. With borg developing slower than we’d hope we’ll have to figure something out for the 2nd line center moving forward.

I am not exposed

Mar 16, 2014
Vancouver
I havent liked his game for 2+ years now.

This year he is absolutely horrible. Problem with players that rely on speed like him is when it gets taken away (age, injuries), he doesnt have the skill or IQ to make up for that deficit.

Thus, we are left with a net negative of a player. He honestly hasnt done anything well this year. Defense, offense, neutral zone, back check, passing, shooting, etc.

Yep.

I remember being critical of him after his 75 point season. I definitely got some backlash for that haha. His best season was easily the 2016-2017 season. He scored 54 points that season, but he was overall a far better player.

Reactions: RainingRats

Ratsreign

Mar 12, 2018
Trocheck is useless and just deadweight. Outside of the shootout that is. That’s literally the only thing he’s been contributing to. And with wingers like Connolly and Hoffman it’d be great if we had a legit 2nd line center. Preferably a playmaker.
Teams always need centers and there are a good handful of stupid, stuck in the past GM’s. Offensively we’d see no difference with him gone at this point so if we could add a D, I’d do it. With borg developing slower than we’d hope we’ll have to figure something out for the 2nd line center moving forward.
Getting rid of Tro before "figuring out something for 2C" wouldn't be very smart, imo.

RogerRoger

Jul 23, 2013
However, if we had gotten Panarin weeould not have been able to get Connolly, Acciari, or even Stralman.

I'm happy with the three we have.
With Panarin, Trocheck might be productive, having two scoring line would be huge. We might have gotten Stralman and Acciari, but it would have meant trading; Sceviour, Hoffman, Pysyk and not getting Connolly and Boyle. Technically, we'd have more capspace that way.

Reactions: I am not exposed

TheImpatientPanther

Jan 17, 2013
Ontario, Canada
Getting rid of Tro before "figuring out something for 2C" wouldn't be very smart, imo.

@RainingRats @Pumaconcolorcoryi , this above is basically my point here.
What options do we have to get a better 2c? Who could we target?

Would MIN be open to trading Staal + Brodin? Or is Barkov enough to convince Koivu to come + Brodin?
Would CHI be open to Strome + retained Keith?
Could we somehow target Malkin? Was against this earlier in the year but more open to it now. Unlikely though

We'd have to add to Trocheck to get any of these 3-4 options. Don't know if Tallon will do it until off-season at earliest. I'll say, if Trocheck is traded anytime soon, it'd definitely send a message throughout the locker room.
Maybe Tallon can be crafty and find a C who's a UFA that can push Trocheck down to 3C to lower the cost?
Pageau - UFA

Don't see a C with too much term as still feel management is high on Borgstrom to become a 2C down the road or at least a high end 3C.

stppnmd

Oct 3, 2019
I'd try to trade for Pageau and Demelo. They are good depth pieces who won't be very expensive to acquire.

Gentle Man

09/12
Nov 15, 2011
Ontario, CA
Taylor hall got sat down today for "precautionary" reasons

The source I like that isnt allowed here had us listed as one of like 5 teams that made an offer.

If we did, I can see it involving Borg or Trocheck, Matheson, and a 1st.

Avalanche broadcasters said Hall's bag and equipment is packed and outside the locker room haha

MintyFresh88

Oct 26, 2007
Ontario
We have the pieces to make this trade, I have no doubt in my mind. It’s whether or not Tallon pulls the trigger. Borg, Hepo, Monty, Hoffman, Malgin, Matheson, Pysyk, draft picks. There’s a lot of parts that could be in play here.

PJ817

Jan 27, 2019

This is fun :sarcasm::sarcasm::sarcasm:

lol and *i* got slammed for even speaking to publicly available information available on a player's wife; didn't even mention the info ... irony at the finest:huh:

Hall to Avs makes most sense as they have $10M in cap space today without doing a thing

16thOverallSaveUs

Danila Yurov Fan Club Executive Assistant
May 2, 2018
If Hall falls through, would you guys be interested in a Zucker or Brodin for Trocheck swap?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad