Speculation: Official Fantasy Trade Offers/Armchair GM Thread: 2018-20 edition

Status
Not open for further replies.

MintyFresh88

Oct 26, 2007
Ontario
We can’t afford Hall unless we’re shipping out some serious salary.

Matheson would have to go the other way and I highly doubt Tallon is ready to give up on him, nor do I think NJ would be that eager to take him...but who knows.

Edit: Also, interesting thing to watch is what happens with Monty...if Driedger proves to be a reliable NHL option, I think Monty could be dealt (especially with Knight in the system now too). NJ is definitely looking for goaltending and he may have a better shot at NHL minutes over there.

The only problem is if we add Hall and sign him to a massive extension, I think we definitely say goodbye to Hoffman AND Dadonov. We also need to make sure we have money in a few years for Barkov and Huberdeau, obviously. I think it's a tough deal for us to make work.

Last edited:

GrumpyKelly

May 15, 2011
Bottom of a bottle
Matheson would have to go the other way and I highly doubt Tallon is ready to give up on him, nor do I think NJ would be that eager to take him...but who knows.

Shero is desperate and makes dumb moves anyway so I wouldn't be surprised. But it would work since we would be dropping both Hoff and Math of the cap, clearing about 10 million, which could be used to sign Hall.

Gentle Man

09/12
Nov 15, 2011
Ontario, CA
Hoffman + Pysyk is 8 million ish in salary.

That's a match.

NJD badly needs a goalie though so either Monty or Driedger needs to go the other way. And I only do that if we get an extension that fits under the cap.

TheImpatientPanther

Jan 17, 2013
Ontario, Canada
Santa: What do you want for xmas Panther fans?

Pf: Taylor Hall

Santa: .....but you guys dont need anymore scoring and another huge contract and no money left to keep Dadonov or to upgrade the D like most of you want to?

Pf: butttt its Taylor Hall...

Very confused by the want for this guy. Is he worth 2-3 extra million over Dadonov and upgrading the D in off season?

I am not exposed

Mar 16, 2014
Vancouver

Santa: .....but you guys dont need anymore scoring and another huge contract and no money left to keep Dadonov or to upgrade the D like most of you want to?

Very confused by the want for this guy. Is he worth 2-3 extra million over Dadonov and upgrading the D in off season?

When healthy he is one the best wingers in the league, and a tier above Dadonov. Kind of similar to why many here wanted Paranin. I prefer Paranin, because I think he is a slightly better player than Hall, and also can stay healthy.

TheImpatientPanther

Jan 17, 2013
Ontario, Canada
When healthy he is one the best wingers in the league, and a tier above Dadonov. Kind of similar to why many here wanted Paranin. I prefer Paranin, because I think he is a slightly better player than Hall, and also can stay healthy.

As a rental?
If some were worried of paying Dadonov or Hoffman 8 million then what's TH gonna ask?
Just doesnt make sure to add to our best strength and not focus on retooling the D?

Reactions: PantherboyHTR

Dread Clawz

LAWSonic Boom
Nov 25, 2006
Pennsylvania

Yeah exactly, Hall is not a need. And he's gonna want a massive contract.

Reactions: ThePatientPanther

FrolikFan67

Apr 29, 2012
Taylor hall?? Doesn’t make any sense.
I mean if they take matheson I’ll do it, even if hall walked it’d still be a win. Or if they wanted to swap hoff? Especially if we don’t expect to resign hoffman since we’re probably focusing on dadonov. As that way they have options between the two of dadonov or hall? Ok. Can he play rw? Because I’m not interested in him playing on the lower lines because we have trocheck, malgin, and Boyle as potential centers. Though he’d be good with Connolly. I’m sure they could get a solid package of picks and prospects from somewhere else. We need to worry about D and reshaping that 3rd pairing.

Gentle Man

09/12
Nov 15, 2011
Ontario, CA
Very true.
I'd rather see Malgin swim end to end in the top part of the Cup myself.
Or Yandle egging Barkov on to spike the Cup.
How many playoff games Hall have on his resume?
And how many playoff games does your boy D. Keith have?
Let's go get Q's fave adopted son.

Keith missed the last game. I wonder if he is hurt :( But he has been my favorite defenseman this decade. Even over Soupy.

TheImpatientPanther

Jan 17, 2013
Ontario, Canada
Keith missed the last game. I wonder if he is hurt :( But he has been my favorite defenseman this decade. Even over Soupy.

Day to day for his groin..
Scares me a bit but we would ask for retention for sure. We wouldn't need him to play 24mins a game but something like Stralmans setup. Just need him 5 on 5 mostly.

If Keith is willing to come I think he'll be here. But not sure he wants, being an old man with family and all. He'd miss his dentist too.

Pretty sure his ex lives in Canada so moving to FLA may not sit well with her but I'm sure she wouldn't mind spending winters in the sun? Not sure if he re-married?

Dread Clawz

LAWSonic Boom
Nov 25, 2006
Pennsylvania
For 4.5 million? I don't see it.

We could go up a mil or two, if Tro isn't cutting it. And shed salary elsewhere. #2 center position is an important one. But as I said, Tro is playing better lately and I've said multiple times I'll give him until the end of the year. He might just need more time than we expected to fully recover from the injury.

Reactions: klabob

GrumpyKelly

May 15, 2011
Bottom of a bottle
We could go up a mil or two, if Tro isn't cutting it. And shed salary elsewhere. #2 center position is an important one. But as I said, Tro is playing better lately and I've said multiple times I'll give him until the end of the year. He might just need more time than we expected to fully recover from the injury.

I'd keep him even at 4.5 million as a 3C. We don't have the depth to move him imo. Plus you're messing with the room and Tro is a big part of that. I don't see it realistic at this point, rather focus on improving the defense way before moving him.

Chessarmy

Mar 16, 2009
Florida
Hall coming over would make this offense borderline unstoppable, but there's just no way to fit him in with our cap situation.

Huberdeau-Barkov-Dadonov
Hall-Trocheck-Connolly

Would be deadly. Pipe dream, though.

GermanPanther

Foundation Defense
Dec 21, 2015
Munich, Germany
Hall coming over would make this offense borderline unstoppable, but there's just no way to fit him in with our cap situation.

Huberdeau-Barkov-Dadonov
Hall-Trocheck-Connolly

Would be deadly. Pipe dream, though.

If we had an offensive Problem i would jump on the Boat before it could landing.
But our Problem is on the other Side, and we need a real upgrade down there.

TheImpatientPanther

Jan 17, 2013
Ontario, Canada
Oh ok didn't know. Well maybe in that case I guess. Would Keith want though? He's won it all.

We have two guys who may be able to get him here in DT and JQ.
4-5 Cups is alot better than 3?
Technically he would make more money getting half of his pay living in FLA?

As long as he doesn't have any lingering injury issues of course but ya DK controls the whole situation.
Maybe we can get some of the fans to start tweeting at Tallon/Luongo/Cifu etc.
Let's just bombard them into at least kicking the tires!

Yandle Ekblad
Keith Weegar
Matheson Stralman

All over my veins please.

*blows dust off xbox-360* and finds NHL 16.
Well I gotta see this in the virtual realm at least.

Create Matheson as a 82 OVR? with 4 star potential?

Reactions: Rahooji
Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad