Speculation: Official Fantasy Trade Offers/Armchair GM Thread: 2018-20 edition

Status
Not open for further replies.

SoupyFIN

#OneTerritory
Nov 7, 2011
Vlasic would've been interesting, but don't see that happening now that we have Strålman. Even then Vlasic's term is scary.

Burns contract is buyout proof (huge do not want) and he'll be 35 by the time the season ends, signed for another 5 years.. yeah no. I said it at the time when that contract was signed, that it's a prime candidate for an amnesty buyout if we have another lockout, now SJ doesn't even have that luxury.

Reactions: I am not exposed

Jean Luc Discard

Jul 11, 2014
Are you saying they're not trading Burns because they're still in it? I don't know, looking pretty grim right now. Ten points out and I know they're capable of reversing it again but this team looks bad. EK is a tirefire and the old guys are older. Plus Pavelski is gone. It's not like it's the same old group trying to make a comeback.

Nope, just that they aren't going to trade their frenchfries dman unless some team is willing to dish out couple of first rounders (tho not high picks and/or blue chip prospects) and more importantly willing to absorb Jones' contract as well. Otherwise that would be a hard sell for their fanbase after trading away their first round pick this year upon signing EK for that huge albatross contract.

SJS is in a world of pain atm and they are looking for a dance partner Doug Wilson can fleece to save face. DW is gone unless he can pull a similar return what Sakic got for Duchene.

GrumpyKelly

May 15, 2011
Bottom of a bottle
Vlasic would've been interesting, but don't see that happening now that we have Strålman. Even then Vlasic's term is scary.

Burns contract is buyout proof (huge do not want) and he'll be 35 by the time the season ends, signed for another 5 years.. yeah no. I said it at the time when that contract was signed, that it's a prime candidate for an amnesty buyout if we have another lockout, now SJ doesn't even have that luxury.

Norris level guys typically have a longer shelf life. I think you can pretty comfortably get three more good years out of him, maybe more. I'm not sos ure about the fit though him being an offensive d with lackluster d at times..

SoupyFIN

#OneTerritory
Nov 7, 2011
Norris level guys typically have a longer shelf life. I think you can pretty comfortably get three more good years out of him, maybe more. I'm not sos ure about the fit though him being an offensive d with lackluster d at times..
There's been two premier d-men (Lidström & Chara) in the past decade that have kept their performance level fairly close to their prime past 35 (Chara has regressed lately, but then again the guy turns 43 soon), the odds are against Burns. Father time spares no one.

With the league gravitating towards younger and younger players, I would rather not be stuck with an almost 40yo 8M per bottom pairing d-man or healthy scratch. Like I already said, that contract is buyout proof.

Reactions: KW

IM Clutcm

Jun 20, 2014
Miami, FL
I'm not going to romanticize Rocco Grimaldi, but he did always give 110% and hustled on every shift. More than I can say for many on this team.

He's having a nice season, happy he's found a home in the league.
Same, he certainly wasn't ready when he made the big club here, and didn't live up to our (admittedly high) expectations. But I've always had a soft spot for him, and I'm glad to see him doing well, even if it's not in Florida.

iam76

Sep 30, 2011
Connecticut
Can we please just overpay on a couple top dmen with great all around ability with leadership entanglbles and the ability to actually play d. Let's move out matheson his figure skating should be worth something or f*** it throw him at wing.

GermanPanther

Foundation Defense
Dec 21, 2015
Munich, Germany
I miss Rocco, would love him back on this team.

No the Way he plays current, he had a long Way to learn it in the AHL. Grimaldi spend 1 and a half or 2 in the AHL and overall he was 4 Years an AHL Player, to find a Way to play and avoiding Board Battle. That what Trocheck loves to do, and ends up heads first in the wall.

HaNotsri

Regstred User
Dec 29, 2013
He must have been awful in Buffalo becuase a year ago that would’ve been insane.
Actually he has been good this year and awful last year. Some of us hoped he’d have 2nd/3rd round value at the tdl but his cap hit is pretty high.

FinlandPanther

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Mar 16, 2009
Florida
Actually he has been good this year and awful last year. Some of us hoped he’d have 2nd/3rd round value at the tdl but his cap hit is pretty high.
Then why did you guys give him up for a 4th? I don’t get it. I couldn’t believe we didn’t pay that tbh.

HaNotsri

Regstred User
Dec 29, 2013
Then why did you guys give him up for a 4th? I don’t get it. I couldn’t believe we didn’t pay that tbh.
To make room for Frolik.

The situation right now is still bad:
We have one of our best d stuck in AHL to keep our other d from going through waivers. Still have way too many NHL level dmen (9). In the meantime we are down to 2 top six forwards and only one real top 9 centre.

If you can make the cap work Miller should be available for less than we payed for him. Perhaps even Montour. When it comes to lhd there’s McCabe but he got the A this season.

In the AHL we have Pilut who might be our best LHD and Borgen who is a good ”shut down third pairing RHD” that would be a good option since we play Ristolainen non-stop when defending a lead right now with really bad results. See last game against you guys.

Bogosian sucks and no sane GM would pick him up. Rumour is that another dman has asked for a trade, Miller is a good guess but could be anyone except Jokiharju/Dahlin really.

You don’t have an actual 3C or top 9 winger to spare?

KW

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Mar 21, 2006
To make room for Frolik.

The situation right now is still bad:
We have one of our best d stuck in AHL to keep our other d from going through waivers. Still have way too many NHL level dmen (9). In the meantime we are down to 2 top six forwards and only one real top 9 centre.

If you can make the cap work Miller should be available for less than we payed for him. Perhaps even Montour. When it comes to lhd there’s McCabe but he got the A this season.

In the AHL we have Pilut who might be our best LHD and Borgen who is a good ”shut down third pairing RHD” that would be a good option since we play Ristolainen non-stop when defending a lead right now with really bad results. See last game against you guys.

Bogosian sucks and no sane GM would pick him up. Rumour is that another dman has asked for a trade, Miller is a good guess but could be anyone except Jokiharju/Dahlin really.

You don’t have an actual 3C or top 9 winger to spare?
We don’t have “actual” anythings right now, to spare or not.

But “nominal” 3C - Tro or Borg. “Nominal” top-9 - Hoff, Malgin, Vatrano, Boyle come to mind. I’m not optimistic you’d want any of them?

HaNotsri

Regstred User
Dec 29, 2013
We don’t have “actual” anythings right now, to spare or not.

But “nominal” 3C - Tro or Borg. “Nominal” top-9 - Hoff, Malgin, Vatrano, Boyle come to mind. I’m not optimistic you’d want any of them?
What happened to Trocheck? He should fetch a good return from us considering age and contract. Our biggest need is C/RW so positionally he should be perfect.

Some of the other players you named should return a lot more from legit playoff teams unless they are 4th round pick+Vesey/Sheary level of cheap.

KW

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Mar 21, 2006
What happened to Trocheck? He should fetch a good return from us considering age and contract. Our biggest need is C/RW so positionally he should be perfect.

Some of the other players you named should return a lot more from legit playoff teams unless they are 4th round pick+Vesey/Sheary level of cheap.
What happened to Tro? Trade for him and try to figure it out. He doesn’t seem to remember too often that a hockey line consists of 3 players. So if Barkov overpasses, Tro never passes.

Which was ok until his speed and shot went to hell. So please take him, good reputation, great locker room guy.

TheImpatientPanther

Jan 17, 2013
Ontario, Canada

He's having a subpar season but nothing as bad as some make it seem.
He's not getting any PP points so his production is down and he missed some games earlier in the year.
His shot looks weak and has no power right now. He does have tunnel vision sometimes and tries the same play too much.

Some want him to score more but it was easier for him when we didn't have the scoring depth we have now.
Some say he never passes but he has a goal and 6 assists in his last 10 games.
Now some want him back to his 15-16 season defensively and he's actually been pretty good advanced stats wise 5 on 5

53.8% at faceoff dot
54.1% CF
54.8% FF

26 GF
21 GA

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad