Speculation: Official Fantasy Trade Offers/Armchair GM Thread: 2018-20 edition

Status
Not open for further replies.

BB88

Jan 19, 2015
Barkov would crack under that pressure in Boston as #1 C

Maybe, but Boston will keep an eye on it.

The cap is in the best shape I can remember snd both Bergeron& Krejci deals run out pre Barkov UFA summer

kerrabria

May 3, 2018
Apparently Maatta might be bought out by Chicago. I would like him as a UFA. Guy was vilified by Pens fan bc the team was really good, and they need their whipping boy. Completely miscast by Sullivan--like to a career ruining degree.

I didn't really see him play in 2019-20, but if he's walking from Chicago with 0.7m x 4y, I'd happily offer him up to 3m x 3y.
Of course this is assuming we can move Yandle without another D coming back.

Olli could either push Stillman down to the third pair where he belongs, or he could give us the steady, cerebral d-man that just might salvage Matheson's career if Matheson got a fresh start at RD.

Little Bobby Boo

Jul 30, 2014
I like Ekblad and he’s a great young defender but he would hardly be the reason I’m out. There’s guys like Heiskanen, makar, Hughes etc who have that extra elite gear he doesn’t have.
Ekblad is a young, top pairing defender locked up to a fair contract with term. Trading him to sign a 30-year-old to max term and huge money during a pandemic and a flat cap would be absolutely nuts.

Move assets to trade out bad contracts. Don't trade one of your four good players for an older, more expensive player.

kerrabria

May 3, 2018
You can bet Boston would be after Barkov in 2 years once Bergeron contract runs out at the same time.
Krejci at 7.25M is out next year

9-10M isn’t going to get it done when Tavares got 11M 2 years ago and Panarin, winger 11.65M last summer
I would wait until we see what Boston does this offseason before I worry about them targeting Barkov. If they really do decide to do a retool and take the next two seasons off, then yeah, I'd be worried af because that means they won't be committing long term cap to a Krug replacement or a 2C.

FinlandPanther

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Mar 16, 2009
Florida
Ekblad is a young, top pairing defender locked up to a fair contract with term. Trading him to sign a 30-year-old to max term and huge money during a pandemic and a flat cap would be absolutely nuts.

Move assets to trade out bad contracts. Don't trade one of your four good players for an older, more expensive player.
I wasn’t saying we should do that and get Pieterangelo though. Just saying Ekblad is replaceable overall. Not for us maybe because our D core is a trash can.

violaswallet

Apr 8, 2019
Seen some mocks where Lundell is going to MIN at 9th, seems like a Koivu type player and fits into their team system but maybe Guerin prefers a more offensive guy if Perfetti or Rossi is on the board.
Haven't seen a lot of mocks where Lundell escapes 10th, maybe one recently.

Either way, if we do pick C, we should get a decent player with a good makeup whether more offense/defense minded.

Seen a lot of Guhle, Mercer, Schneider and Quinn for us recently. Not excited to pick a winger, feel it's C or D and happy with Sanderson if he fell or Lundell as well.
Eh, Button has him at 12, Pronman at 16: I think Lundell has less high-end offensive potential, which might not excite some teams. For us, that's perfect: we have high-end potential in prospects (Deni, Tippett) or existing team (Huby, Bark0v)

TheImpatientPanther

Jan 17, 2013
Ontario, Canada
Eh, Button has him at 12, Pronman at 16: I think Lundell has less high-end offensive potential, which might not excite some teams. For us, that's perfect: we have high-end potential in prospects (Deni, Tippett) or existing team (Huby, Bark0v)

Ranked #10 by ELITEPROSPECTS.COM
Ranked #8 by FUTURE CONSIDERATIONS
Ranked #8 by ISS HOCKEY
Ranked #16 by TSN/CRAIG BUTTON
Ranked #16 by MCKEEN'S HOCKEY
Ranked #3 by NHL CENTRAL SCOUTING (EU Skaters)
Ranked #10 by CONSOLIDATED RANKING
Ranked #12 by TSN/McKenzie

Button is a knob imo.
These are his current ranks as per Elite prospects.
So add in Pronman and it's 4 of 9 have him outside, 5 of them inside.
Just think he's going to MIN for some reason, they love their two way players.

I enjoyed the EH part of your post though :laugh:

KW

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Mar 21, 2006
Apparently Maatta might be bought out by Chicago. I would like him as a UFA. Guy was vilified by Pens fan bc the team was really good, and they need their whipping boy. Completely miscast by Sullivan--like to a career ruining degree.

I didn't really see him play in 2019-20, but if he's walking from Chicago with 0.7m x 4y, I'd happily offer him up to 3m x 3y.

Olli could either push Stillman down to the third pair where he belongs, or he could give us the steady, cerebral d-man that just might salvage Matheson's career if Matheson got a fresh start at RD.
I agree, that would be a worthwhile pickup.

Reactions: kerrabria

Dread Clawz

LAWSonic Boom
Nov 25, 2006
Pennsylvania

Maatta would be a great add.

Reactions: kerrabria

FrolikFan67

Apr 29, 2012
That's a fair concern, feel C and RD need additions.
Who are your top 3 picks at 12th, whether C or D?
For me neither guhle or Schneider are better than the forwards we’ll have the chance to pick amongst. Most likely we’ll be able to select one of lundell (a bid bodied defensively capable 2C potential center), Quinn (a 50+ goal scorer in the O), holtz (considered a top-10 pick and one of the best pure shooters in the draft), mercer (on pace for high 30 goals and 90+ pt over a normal length OHL season? I ran the numbers several times before I’m just too lazy to do it right now tbh). Those guys are too good to pass on for say a guhle or Schneider. D take longer to develop, they’re a little harder to project/predict, the forwards are really good and more safer bets, picking at 12 I just wouldn’t go for either of those D.

min not huge on Jarvis, 12 may be a little high for holloway, amirov and gunler both look solid but slightly high at 12. The mock drafts that have the leafs taking Schneider at 15 makes sense, but 12 is a little too high when one of those guys will be left on the board.

we have Ekblad who’s still young and under contract, we have Weegar who’s still young and hopefully extended to about 4-5 yrs if the dollars are reasonable (with a new gm, 3yrs may be more likely). We have koly, gildon (personally not too high on but hopefully he does well), and ludvig, not to mention priskie (not holding too much hope for him, if he steps into the nhl and does well then awesome but I’m expecting a solid call up otherwise), keeper could potentially be a stable 3rd liner but again we don’t really know.

I would love to add a drysdale or Sanderson to this Corp, we could really use one. But those are really the only two that are worth a 12th pick or higher (and they’ll both be off the board way before us). Take the best forward available and maybe swing a trade for a top-4 D (I go back to my Huberdeau suggestion)

Kaners PPGs

Jun 2, 2012
Chicagoland (Tinley Park)
Is this the right spot where I can ask about Florida players in fantasy hockey? If so, tell me about Ekblad. I see his hits really dropped off this past season. Was he playing through an injury? His PP time also went down. Was he removed from PP1? His shot% also went down but I see his assists went up. Anyways, the deal is for William Karlsson in a keeper league. What do you guys think about Ekblad’s future? Thanks for any help.

violaswallet

Apr 8, 2019
Is this the right spot where I can ask about Florida players in fantasy hockey? If so, tell me about Ekblad. I see his hits really dropped off this past season. Was he playing through an injury? His PP time also went down. Was he removed from PP1? His shot% also went down but I see his assists went up. Anyways, the deal is for William Karlsson in a keeper league. What do you guys think about Ekblad’s future? Thanks for any help.
(A)-He doesn't play on the top pairing since Hoffman came and took his spot as the heavy shot. Yandle QBs the top, but if it is a keeper league, there is value for trading him.
(B) - Hits: He seemed to play slightly more conservative this season: giveaways are down and he was our best defensive player; he stopped getting himself out of position for the big hit.

I think Ekblad will be a 50 point 2-way defender if everything keeps up, especially if he is on the #1PP.

Reactions: Kaners PPGs

violaswallet

Apr 8, 2019
Ranked #10 by ELITEPROSPECTS.COM
Ranked #8 by FUTURE CONSIDERATIONS
Ranked #8 by ISS HOCKEY
Ranked #16 by TSN/CRAIG BUTTON
Ranked #16 by MCKEEN'S HOCKEY
Ranked #3 by NHL CENTRAL SCOUTING (EU Skaters)
Ranked #10 by CONSOLIDATED RANKING
Ranked #12 by TSN/McKenzie

Button is a knob imo.
These are his current ranks as per Elite prospects.
So add in Pronman and it's 4 of 9 have him outside, 5 of them inside.
Just think he's going to MIN for some reason, they love their two way players.

I enjoyed the EH part of your post though :laugh:
Bad habits are learned. I think the consolidated ranking is an average of of the others; ISS and Future Considerations are old (March). It seems as if Lundell keeps on dropping. Sadly, it looks like he won't be around for our pick probably for what you said, but I can be helpful.

Eh, I picked up bad habits here haha

krutovsdonut

eeyore
Sep 25, 2016
canuck fan here in peace. is there any actual credible reporting suggesting ekblad is available? i keep hearing his name thrown around but i can't logically see why you guys would do that except to cut salary to the bone.

violaswallet

Apr 8, 2019
canuck fan here in peace. is there any actual credible reporting suggesting ekblad is available? i keep hearing his name thrown around but i can't logically see why you guys would do that except to cut salary to the bone.
Nope: From here 31 Thoughts: Is Matt Dumba next up on the Wild trade block? - Sportsnet.ca:

13. My guess: Zito’s going to be asked about Barkov (no chance), Aaron Ekblad and Jonathan Huberdeau. He’s going to explore moving one of the big tickets on his blue line to create flexibility. All he would answer is, “I’m going to listen to anything. But I’m going to say no to most things.”

People interpret this as we want to trade Ekblad, even thought the big tickets mean Stralman, Yandle or Matheson... I think people ignore that we are not asked to cut salary (same article).

Thanks for asking :)

Reactions: Beezeral

Jean Luc Discard

Jul 11, 2014

Ekblad is available as much as than your Pettersson is.

krutovsdonut

eeyore
Sep 25, 2016
Reactions: IM Clutcm

Blackhawkswincup

RIP Fugu
Jun 24, 2007
Chicagoland

Maatta was pretty good for Hawks and had strong playoff

I think they will find a trade partner for him at only 2 yrs left at his cap hit if they move him

Smith is safe bet to be bought out (Though I guess they could maybe add one of our secondary D prospects to move him or pick)

One of Maatta , de Haan or Saad has to go in order to sign RFA's and either bring back Crawford or sign/trade for a goalie

FrolikFan67

Apr 29, 2012
I’m hoping that maybe NJ could be a location for Yandle. They have plenty of cap space, having him on the pp with guys like Hughes, hischier, and palmieri would do well for them, and overall they look weak on the left side outside of Butcher. Maybe even see if they take a gamble on matheson, even if it means dropping to 18th or 20th in the draft.

Jean Luc Discard

Jul 11, 2014
I’m hoping that maybe NJ could be a location for Yandle. They have plenty of cap space, having him on the pp with guys like Hughes, hischier, and palmieri would do well for them, and overall they look weak on the left side outside of Butcher. Maybe even see if they take a gamble on matheson, even if it means dropping to 18th or 20th in the draft.

Why would they need an additional clown alongside of Subban?

Reactions: 5 Hole

FrolikFan67

Apr 29, 2012
Why would they need an additional clown alongside of Subban?
Idk, GMs are stupid. If they can increase their draft stock, improve their pp, and it’s not like they’re competing for anything right now anyways, maybe they take the chance. There’s plenty of gm’s that’ll take Yandle if we waives, matheson on the other hand...

Jean Luc Discard

Jul 11, 2014
Idk, GMs are stupid. If they can increase their draft stock, improve their pp, and it’s not like they’re competing for anything right now anyways, maybe they take the chance. There’s plenty of gm’s that’ll take Yandle if we waives, matheson on the other hand...

There are def GMs who would absorb Yandle into their roster like I've previously stated here but I'm pretty sure NJD is way down on that list. GMs don't take on hefty contracts like Yandle's got just for the sake of it, they gotta see that there's something in Yandle's play that they could use in their lineup and in that regard Yandle is kinda redundant case when they have Subban already. Therefore, teams that need passing ability in the backend and improved PP could use Yandle.

Pigge

Feb 28, 2002
There are def GMs who would absorb Yandle into their roster like I've previously stated here but I'm pretty sure NJD is way down on that list. GMs don't take on hefty contracts like Yandle's got just for the sake of it, they gotta see that there's something in Yandle's play that they could use in their lineup and in that regard Yandle is kinda redundant case when they have Subban already. Therefore, teams that need passing ability in the backend and improved PP could use Yandle.
Los Angeles should go for him. They are stacked on ELC, have a garbage PP, but need to improve quickly to get good value out of Kopitar and Doughty. Yandle's contract fits their overall contract puzzle pretty well and they have all sorts of assets to throw our way. And who wouldn't waive a NMC to go play in the Staples Center. Everyone wins.

Jean Luc Discard

Jul 11, 2014
Los Angeles should go for him. They are stacked on ELC, have a garbage PP, but need to improve quickly to get good value out of Kopitar and Doughty. Yandle's contract fits their overall contract puzzle pretty well and they have all sorts of assets to throw our way. And who wouldn't waive a NMC to go play in the Staples Center. Everyone wins.

Yup. Though Rob Blake might be very stingy about adding him out some obscure principle even though they have the cap space, need for an LD and veterans in general.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad