Speculation: Official Fantasy Trade Offers/Armchair GM Thread: 2018-20 edition

Status
Not open for further replies.

Haj

#CatsAreComing
Apr 6, 2003
Arlington, VA
Bjugstad is decent. Overpaid by 1 million.

He can drive possesion, but has issues finishing. He does well matched up against other team's bottom six, when he is on the 3rd line.

vendetta

#CatsAreComing
Mar 22, 2011
Edmonton
And you dont pay a 3rd Liner 3 Million, if you need a new starter Goalie and a new Top 4 stay at Home Defender. when you have current only 4,9 Million cap Space.

I know in the Summer a few bad cost will be away, still you dont pay that and special dont pay in to an Injurie pron. when he would stay healthy all 6 Season or miss less then 15 Games , no problem everything else is a joke and make me this you dont nothing about Money control.
Many good teams have depth players in the 3-5 mill range. On the third line. That’s not alot of money. Do you expect to only pay the top guys over 5 and everyone else under 2? 4.1 is a very reasonable caphit for someone as versatile as bjugstad has been. He is in the top ten and higher on the team in almost every scoring rate and scoring chances created rate there is.

HockeyRulez

Panthers hockey since 1993
Nov 11, 2010
The Sunshine State
It’s crazy that after missing out on McD last year, they still haven’t traded for a top 4 dman. I would like to see this team improve defensively and in goal.

FinlandPanther

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Mar 16, 2009
Florida
It’s crazy that after missing out on McD last year, they still haven’t traded for a top 4 dman. I would like to see this team improve defensively and in goal.
If they don’t do at least one of these things next year we can expect another trash can season. Especially if they don’t get a goalie.

vendetta

#CatsAreComing
Mar 22, 2011
Edmonton
LOL, this team has ALWAYS counted its pennies, another inconvenient truth I guess.
It’s true. Another massive hurdle for Tallon to figure out. We got rid of a decent bottom 6 physical young developing player to dump a contract that is ltired to save a few bucks. Have gotten rid of assets to save money when it wasn’t necessary

Chaos2k7

Believe!
Aug 10, 2003
Costa Rica
It’s true. Another massive hurdle for Tallon to figure out. We got rid of a decent bottom 6 physical young developing player to dump a contract that is ltired to save a few bucks. Have gotten rid of assets to save money when it wasn’t necessary
After 10 years on the job and being the one responsible for almost every contract on the roster, most posters here are done waiting. There is no adjustment period needed for Tallon. Dale is generally very good via trade, and his inactivity is baffling.

vendetta

#CatsAreComing
Mar 22, 2011
Edmonton
After 10 years on the job and being the one responsible for almost every contract on the roster, most posters here are done waiting. There is no adjustment period needed for Tallon. Dale is generally very good via trade, and his inactivity is baffling.
What do u mean his inac tivity? Do u mean recently this season?

RainingRats

Dec 28, 2008
Tallon was the one who signed Bolland to that terrible contract and Crouse was a bad a pick anyway.

Reactions: Ghoste

vendetta

#CatsAreComing
Mar 22, 2011
Edmonton
Tallon was the one who signed Bolland to that terrible contract and Crouse was a bad a pick anyway.
Crouse is turning into a very effective player and is the type of player we really lack. . Yes the bolland contract was bad and easily the worst thing Tallon has done but he was
Ltir so basically irrelvant. It didn’t hurt our cap. Crouse could very well turn into a Wilson lite or Wilson type as he continues to improve

GermanPanther

Foundation Defense
Dec 21, 2015
Munich, Germany
So will Panthers be sellers? What do we have to sell?

Bjugstad or McCann, malgin, sorry to say. But when everyone back to the Team, also Trocheck back. Then someone should tell me where to place all the Players.

You have then
Dad Bar Bjugstad
Hub Tro Hoff
Vat McC Mal
Hal Sce Brow

only as example that let out Lamminko, Borgstrom. When we play with Borgstrom, means one of the young Players must play 4th Line Minutes mean under 8 Minute a Night.
Not sure, how under 8 Minutes a Night help a young player in his developing process or enough Time to play. And that is the Problem the Panthers already are faceing. When the next player join in next year to the Pro Game and other Player from the AHL team try to make the Team. Where could we open all this space we need.
@vendetta and then i watch Bjugstad Money and what he borught in so far and is there a chance to replace him or can his Game be replaced, that counts also for other Players.

Show this Coach the 2nd Periode, how the Panthers try to enter the Zone and how it was ending and then ask him, is this a System you wanna playing on this Season.

MintyFresh88

Oct 26, 2007
Ontario
So will Panthers be sellers? What do we have to sell?

Brouwer, McCann, Haley, Kis?,

That list is about right...basically anyone on an expiring contract (UFA), plus maybe throw Sceviour in there and possibly Pysyk. Personally, I'm hoping a playoff team has a major goaltending crisis and we somehow get rid of Reimer.

We don't have a 2nd round pick, so I assume Tallon wants to recoup that.

Reactions: I am not exposed

MintyFresh88

Oct 26, 2007
Ontario
Stars are shopping Ritchie apparently....seems like a Tallon type of player...big body.

I wonder if the'd entertain something around McCann for Ritchie. We have C depth, it would give us some size in the bottom 6 plus it looks like he has some offensive upside.

Honestly have no clue what Dallas wants/needs are, though.

Edit: After reading some comments, McCann might be a bit much for him...I guess he's been pretty bad.

Last edited:

vendetta

#CatsAreComing
Mar 22, 2011
Edmonton
Stars are shopping Ritchie apparently....seems like a Tallon type of player...big body.

I wonder if the'd entertain something around McCann for Ritchie. We have C depth, it would give us some size in the bottom 6 plus it looks like he has some offensive upside.

Edit: After reading some comments, McCann might be a bit much for him...I guess he's been pretty bad.
Maybe malgin?

Ryuji Yamazaki

Do yuu undastahn!?
Jul 22, 2015

Should've gone after Cogliano. He would've been an upgrade on anyone in our bottom 6.

Swede93

Sep 14, 2009
Oilers apparently willing to offer first round pick, goaltender and young forward for help on offense. Definitely think we should try and get Koskinen. Maybe offer up McCann given Borgstrom developing or even Vatrano with Tippett already in the depth chart.

RainingRats

Dec 28, 2008
Oilers apparently willing to offer first round pick, goaltender and young forward for help on offense. Definitely think we should try and get Koskinen. Maybe offer up McCann given Borgstrom developing or even Vatrano with Tippett already in the depth chart.
Vatrano would do well with McDavid.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad