Speculation: Official Fantasy Trade Offers/Armchair GM Thread: 2018-20 edition

Status
Not open for further replies.

letsgrowcactus

Jan 21, 2017
Ekblad has been fine defensively. He needs a skating coach, not a defensive-minded assistant.
I know it's been brought up before but wouldn't one of those figure skating coaches help him? For a Panthers example, Noel worked with Shelley Kettles and you can see how much better he looks now.
I mean, it can't hurt. If it works, it could make a huge difference.

KW

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Mar 21, 2006
I know it's been brought up before but wouldn't one of those figure skating coaches help him? For a Panthers example, Noel worked with Shelley Kettles and you can see how much better he looks now.
I’m 100% certain that Ekblad is aware of the figure skating coaches being used. That practice has been around for a while now.

Also, why does everyone think that Ek didn’t practice his skating in the offseason? He probably did, and that’s the only reason he isn’t even worse.

Bottom line, I’m sure everyone from the owners down know that Ek needs to get better skating wise. And I’m sure there’s a plan that’s helping. It’s just that other players are improving more.

RainingRats

Dec 28, 2008
Yes absolutely. It’s the best thing he could do for his game. Barkov worked on his skating this summer and we can see the improvement.

Unfortunately I think Ekblad spent his summer on that toe drag move lol

It should be prioritized. Guys like
Huberdeau, Weegar, Borgstrom would all benefit too. Everyone would really but them and Ekblad would see an impact

Reactions: Cats2TheCup

ShootIt

Nov 8, 2008
Is Paul Vincent still here?

I know he said he'll come back once Tallon was named GM again a year or so ago.

Pragmatic Panther

Feb 7, 2018
I understand the want for a legit #1 Tendy, but I think that Quick would be a huge liability, both due to contract and injury history. Who I would like to get is Murray or Desmith from Pittsburgh. Cheaper contract, younger, and could be the goaltender of the future until Monty is ready.

Reactions: Kid Icarus

FinlandPanther

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Mar 16, 2009
Florida
I understand the want for a legit #1 Tendy, but I think that Quick would be a huge liability, both due to contract and injury history. Who I would like to get is Murray or Desmith from Pittsburgh. Cheaper contract, younger, and could be the goaltender of the future until Monty is ready.
Murray has been horrendous now. He makes Reimer look good. That’s a huge risk.

MintyFresh88

Oct 26, 2007
Ontario
Murray has been horrendous now. He makes Reimer look good. That’s a huge risk.

I disagree, he had a bad stretch to start the season while struggling with an injury. He's rebounded with 5 wins in a row (.959 SV%). Would love to have him, but I don't see why Pittsburgh would trade him.

TheImpatientPanther

Jan 17, 2013
Ontario, Canada
I disagree, he had a bad stretch to start the season while struggling with an injury. He's rebounded with 5 wins in a row (.959 SV%). Would love to have him, but I don't see why Pittsburgh would trade him.

Pretty sure his dad passed away over the summer so that may explain his slow start. Apparently he was really really tight with his dad.

I agree, PIT wont let him loose.

TheImpatientPanther

Jan 17, 2013
Ontario, Canada

Why would the contract be bad for Quick? 4 years after this one under $6million, the last 3 years are $3.5 million, $3million and $2.5 million in salary. He has no NTC/NMC protection so you can expose him to SEA if/when need be or trade him to a team that needs to reach cap floor.

I know hes 33 in 3 weeks but we took Luongo back in his mid 30s. Probably still has a good 2-3 years in him if he's playing 45-50 games a year

Pragmatic Panther

Feb 7, 2018
The Injury history of both groin and back are concerning for Quick. Those are the injuries that tend to age the worst. I’m also not worried about the “real money”, but how much it counts against the cap.

GermanPanther

Foundation Defense
Dec 21, 2015
Munich, Germany
Trouba owns a $1.4M Condo on Ft. Lauderdale beach in the Auberge. It's just an investment and a place to spend some time in the off season. As long as Tallon's the GM, Ekblad stays put. If he's not resigned as his contract is over at the end of the season, then whoever comes in might take a look at that deal.

Kis and Petro are not the type of D-men that Mr. Boo likes. He likes guys that can turn it up quickly in transition from the blue line out. Ek is kind of a tweener as he certainly has the skill and shot to score but he is an anchor in quick transition. :)

Not sure what the Boggeyman wants is the right Way, when you only stay in your own Zone and no one plays solid Defensive game, then you dont need a single player for fast transition play.
Im not into the Coaches System, that sytsem works when we have defensman who can do their Job the right Way.

Drugs Delaney

Peace be with you.
Jan 31, 2013
Colorado
Not sure what the Boggeyman wants is the right Way, when you only stay in your own Zone and no one plays solid Defensive game, then you dont need a single player for fast transition play.
Im not into the Coaches System, that sytsem works when we have defensman who can do their Job the right Way.

Wait, wait, wait! I thought nobody knows what a hockey system is truly called or looks like on these boards... :sarcasm:

GrumpyKelly

May 15, 2011
Bottom of a bottle
What about Koskinen?

Seems to be putting up good numbers in that goalie graveyard with almost 0.92% vs. Talbot's sub .90%. I'd be looking at Talbot as well tbh.

Both are UFAs and wouldn't demand half what Bob wants.

GermanPanther

Foundation Defense
Dec 21, 2015
Munich, Germany
What about Koskinen?

Seems to be putting up good numbers in that goalie graveyard with almost 0.92% vs. Talbot's sub .90%. I'd be looking at Talbot as well tbh.

Both are UFAs and wouldn't demand half what Bob wants.

What is behind the Rumour that DT is interested in Finnland U20 Goalie Lindberg.

TheImpatientPanther

Jan 17, 2013
Ontario, Canada
Screenshot_20190107-224723_theScore.jpg

Just read the FLA @ PIT game preview and this popped out when reading...
What reports?

Reactions: Chaos2k7
Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad