Speculation: Official Fantasy Trade Offers/Armchair GM Thread: 2018-20 edition

Status
Not open for further replies.

I am not exposed

Mar 16, 2014
Vancouver
What would people be willing (realistically) to trade for Trouba?

He's a RFA, but supposedly wants to play in the US. Surely the kind of defenseman that would solidify our defensive corps.

TheImpatientPanther

Jan 17, 2013
Ontario, Canada
What would people be willing (realistically) to trade for Trouba?

He's a RFA, but supposedly wants to play in the US. Surely the kind of defenseman that would solidify our defensive corps.

I'd give a fair bit. Most WPG fans will want Trocheck 1 for 1 or Borgstrom+ but if we could do something around Matheson+ I'd do it. Feel confident we could find a top 4 LD with one of Gildon, McCoshen, Stillman and at least two bottom 6 D out of those three. Yandle should be here for the next 3-4 years. Gives us time to develop left side. Trouba and Ekblad solves our RD for the long term.

Trocheck or Borgstrom+ would be a hard sell for me, I'd push hard and overpay in futures or use Matheson+ as my offers. I think Kiselevich could replace some of Mathesons minutes. Give Kiss a 2 year deal or maybe sign an older veteran LD for a year or two.

I like Weegar but still have a little doubt he can become a top 4 D. MacDonald is a mystery and then outside that, our RHD is pretty empty.

What would you offer?

Last edited:

I am not exposed

Mar 16, 2014
Vancouver
I'd give a fair bit. Most WPG fans will want Trocheck 1 for 1 or Borgstrom+ but if we could do something around Matheson+ I'd do it. Feel confident we could find a top 4 LD with one of Gildon, McCoshen, Stillman and at least two bottom 6 D out of those three. Yandle should be here for the next 3-4 years. Gives us time to develop left side. Trouba and Ekblad solves our RD for the long term.

Trocheck or Borgstrom+ would be a hard sell for me, I'd push hard and overpay in futures or use Matheson+ as my offers. I think Kiselevich could replace some of Mathesons minutes. Give Kiss a 2 year deal or maybe sign an older veteran LD for a year or two.

I like Weegar but still have a little doubt he can become a top 4 D. MacDonald is a mystery and then outside that, our RHD is pretty empty.

What would you offer?

I would do something around Borgstrom tbh. I like him, but I'm not as high on him as a lot of people around here. I would even do something around Trocheck tbh! It depends how much Trouba is asking for. Trocheck is on a great deal at the moment, so if Trocheck was going the other way, we need more than just Trouba coming back imo.

Ryuji Yamazaki

Do yuu undastahn!?
Jul 22, 2015
I would do something around Borgstrom tbh. I like him, but I'm not as high on him as a lot of people around here. I would even do something around Trocheck tbh! It depends how much Trouba is asking for. Trocheck is on a great deal at the moment, so if Trocheck was going the other way, we need more than just Trouba coming back imo.

I’d do Borgstrom too. But if it were Trocheck I’d want Connor coming back too, maybe a small add from us if need be.

TheImpatientPanther

Jan 17, 2013
Ontario, Canada

I can understand that POV. Borgstrom does have a fair bit of work ahead of him to become a solid player. The talent is there and obviously we know Trocheck is proven as the 2C.

Feel Borgstrom could be a 60-70pt top 6 winger who could replace Hoffman or Dadonov if one isnt re-signed. Otherwise he will be a 40-45pt 3C with tons of PP time. Dont know what management/coaching has in store for him so I can understand the decision to pick him. Hes still an unknown where Tro is accomplished.

I agree, if Trocheck is traded, they take Reimer or Bjugstad and we get Brossoit and a decent pick/prospect along with Trouba.

GermanPanther

Foundation Defense
Dec 21, 2015
Munich, Germany

Why not let them stay together? Put Trocheck off his Center Duties and make him a speedy winger. I think for his Game is the best option.
When i watch Borgstrom and Trocheck Borgstrom is another 2 Way Center with offensive Skill. Trocheck likes to be rushing with skating and be a kind of individual playmaker.
I think that at least would be a heck of a try, maybe that would, place Malgin back to the third Line. But one has to have the bitter Taste of decision maked.

And then comes up the most and next Important Question? When everyone is back. What to do with Bjugstad he play 6 Season with the Panthers 3 of them he missed more then 2 in a long term Injury and he eats up 4,10 Million. You want better Defensive and better Goalies, then we also have to open Cap Space.
Thats comes not up been not the best Bjugstad Fan, but Back Issue before and now neck Issue, Concoussion what keeps him out for a while. He is fore me another BuyOut Candidate. I dont waste another Year to get Value out of him.

We have such young Players who showed talent and the next young once comeing up. So we need space, no matter that Haley and MacKenzie will be off after this Year,

vendetta

#CatsAreComing
Mar 22, 2011
Edmonton
Why not let them stay together? Put Trocheck off his Center Duties and make him a speedy winger. I think for his Game is the best option.
When i watch Borgstrom and Trocheck Borgstrom is another 2 Way Center with offensive Skill. Trocheck likes to be rushing with skating and be a kind of individual playmaker.
I think that at least would be a heck of a try, maybe that would, place Malgin back to the third Line. But one has to have the bitter Taste of decision maked.

And then comes up the most and next Important Question? When everyone is back. What to do with Bjugstad he play 6 Season with the Panthers 3 of them he missed more then 2 in a long term Injury and he eats up 4,10 Million. You want better Defensive and better Goalies, then we also have to open Cap Space.
Thats comes not up been not the best Bjugstad Fan, but Back Issue before and now neck Issue, Concoussion what keeps him out for a while. He is fore me another BuyOut Candidate. I dont waste another Year to get Value out of him.

We have such young Players who showed talent and the next young once comeing up. So we need space, no matter that Haley and MacKenzie will be off after this Year,
U don’t buy out 4 mil players who put 50 points when healthy. This is laughable. He is actually a much needed piece on the third line. Everyone complain about depth but let’s buy out a good depth piece? That makes no sense. It’s like you either have to be a ppg player or your trash around here

FinlandPanther

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Mar 16, 2009
Florida
U don’t buy out 4 mil players who put 50 points when healthy. This is laughable. He is actually a much needed piece on the third line. Everyone complain about depth but let’s buy out a good depth piece? That makes no sense. It’s like you either have to be a ppg player or your trash around here
Bjugstad is a 50 point player? In what world?

Reactions: Kid Icarus

vendetta

#CatsAreComing
Mar 22, 2011
Edmonton
Bjugstad is a 50 point player? In what world?
49 points
Last year. Sorry should say 40-50 points when healthy. Has been excellent defensively and the puck usually in opponents end when he’s on ice.
I think we can stop the bjugstad is a liability talk and buyout talks.

Chaos2k7

Believe!
Aug 10, 2003
Costa Rica
Problem is Big Nick is not an offensive player unless he is in the top 6, he doesnt drive any offense on the 3rd line alone or on any line for that matter.He is a complimentary piece, and he is far too expensive to be on the third line and to not be able produce alone or to not be an elite PKer.

Defensively he is better, but he is not some lockdown defender, and if at 5 million on the third line he cannot drive his own offense or help provide defensive depth, he is just not worth it.

A 5 million dollar defenseman would be of much more use to us, or a goalie for that matter.

Only a select few fanboys think anyone around the league believes that Nick is a reliable top 6 50 point guy.

Last edited:

FinlandPanther

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Mar 16, 2009
Florida
49 points
Last year. Sorry should say 40-50 points when healthy. Has been excellent defensively and the puck usually in opponents end when he’s on ice.
I think we can stop the bjugstad is a liability talk and buyout talks.
Bjugstad played with Barkov the whole year he’s not sniffing 50.

vendetta

#CatsAreComing
Mar 22, 2011
Edmonton
Problem is Big Nick is not an offensive player unless he is in the top 6, he doesnt drive any offense on the 3rd line alone or on any line for that matter.He is a complimentary piece, and he is far too expensive to be on the third line and to not be able produce alone or to not be an elite PKer.

Defensively he is better, but he is not some lockdown defender, and if at 5 million on the third line he cannot drive his own offense or help provide defensive depth, he is just not worth it.

A 5 million dollar defenseman would be of much more use to us, or a goalie for that matter.

Only a select few fanboys think anyone around the league believes that Nick is a reliable top 6 50 point guy.
He makes 4.1 not 5

vendetta

#CatsAreComing
Mar 22, 2011
Edmonton
How much did he play then?
I don’t have the minutes with who he played but it was mostly the second half of the season. He started the year with mcann and that’s when mcann was good. Then he finished the year with barkov and dadanaov and their numbers improved also

Chaos2k7

Believe!
Aug 10, 2003
Costa Rica
He makes 4.1 not 5
No, his cap hit is 4.1, his actual cash salary this season is 4.3 million, next year 5.0 million, and the following 5,25 million with a modified NTC.

Any cap resource would tell you that.

Nick Bjugstad - CapFriendly - NHL Salary Caps

He is not worth 5 million on the 3rd line.

BTW McCann also produced more without the Bjeast on his line. Nick was a black whole away from Barkov and Daddy offensively.

He has had two seasons decently productive but only with our 1st liners, Barky and Huberdeau.

Reactions: RainingRats

GermanPanther

Foundation Defense
Dec 21, 2015
Munich, Germany

And you dont pay a 3rd Liner 3 Million, if you need a new starter Goalie and a new Top 4 stay at Home Defender. when you have current only 4,9 Million cap Space.

I know in the Summer a few bad cost will be away, still you dont pay that and special dont pay in to an Injurie pron. when he would stay healthy all 6 Season or miss less then 15 Games , no problem everything else is a joke and make me this you dont nothing about Money control.

vendetta

#CatsAreComing
Mar 22, 2011
Edmonton
No, his cap hit is 4.1, his actual cash salary this season is 4.3 million, next year 5.0 million, and the following 5,25 million with a modified NTC.

BTW McCann also produced more without the Bjeast on his line. Nick was a black whole away from Barkov and Daddy offensively.

He has had two seasons decently productive but only with our 1st liners, Barky and Huberdeau.
Actual salary is irrelevant to the product on the ice. The only factor is caphit. Unless your the actually one paying the salary which I highly doubt

Reactions: I am not exposed

vendetta

#CatsAreComing
Mar 22, 2011
Edmonton

Mcann only produced well when he was with bjugstad last year. He went mia as soon as bjugs was placed with barkov.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad