Official Coyotes Point Total Prediction Thread!

_Del_

Jul 4, 2003
Add captain underpants for most of the season...

So it's only our entire core basically who give zero shits...

XX

Waiting for Ishbia
Dec 10, 2002
PHX
Fisher and Keller also were pretty lackluster too I think.

Fischer just sucks, I don't think it's a question of effort. He looks much better so far in preseason. He needs to find a niche or he's Dave Moss.

Keller looks much improved as well. Obviously the organization likes him behind the scenes enough to give him an 8 year deal. Having a down year mentally isn't the same as having questionable overall drive. Domi had a down year too, they cut bait way too early and look what happened.

The room has the opposite problem of too many chiefs; too few. Makes the lows a lot more drawn out than they should be. Who can you even really picture as being assertive? Maybe Crouse, Chychrun. Eventually. That's it.

Jakey53

Aug 27, 2011
Demers, Stepan, Goligoski are the only guys left to flush if they don't see the light. Schmaltz is trending that way.
I agree, except for Schmaltz as we have only seen around 20 games, which he did very well, so I can't see how you can see he is trending the same way as the one's you just mentioned.

Reactions: Canis Latrans

SniperHF

Rejecting Reports
Mar 9, 2007
Phoenix
Add captain underpants for most of the season...

I think he was similarly to the team as a whole, somewhat better from the 2 prior years though. But what confuses me a lot is when Demers got hurt they finally gave OEL-Hjalmarsson a fair try and....it actually worked pretty well.

Demers gets healthy? Eh let's split them up cause reasons.

Of the pairs he had enough time with to matter, OEL/Hammer was by far the most effective. Demers is fine when he's playing well but when he's not both he and OEL have the same exact problems in their game and it gets way exaggerated when they are on the same pair.

Bonsai Tree

Turning a new leaf
Feb 2, 2014
Is this the hash room? What are you guys smoking? You should at least wait for one game that counts before you commiserate about disinterested players an a lack of leadership in the room.

Muppet

7th Round Pick
Mar 13, 2011
91 points for that wildcard spot and subsequent first round exit.

Dirty Old Man

So funny I forgot to laugh
Sponsor
Jan 29, 2008
Ostrich City
Is this the hash room? What are you guys smoking? You should at least wait for one game that counts before you commiserate about disinterested players an a lack of leadership in the room.
Meh, that's who we are, you know it's true. It was a fun summer, at least.

BUX7PHX

Jul 7, 2011
97 points. My only fear is a regression in goalie play. That was part of the reason we stayed in, despite the man games lost.

Reactions: Jakey53

_Del_

Jul 4, 2003
OEL is a stud, and to say he doesn't care is ridiculous.
bt said:
You should at least wait for one game that counts before you commiserate about disinterested players an a lack of leadership in the room.
Sorry, the last two years must have never happened.

rt

The Kinder, Gentler Version
May 13, 2004
A Rockwellian Pleasantville
If Raanta continues to be an injury mess (likely) and Kuemper ends up proving last season was an outlier (flip a coin) - this could be a really, really bad team.

Especially if Housley doesn’t improve the PP (if preseason is any indication- and it’s usually NOT) and MacLean wrecks the PK (possible-he sucks-but not likely with the same personnel).

Jakey53

Aug 27, 2011
If Raanta continues to be an injury mess (likely) and Kuemper ends up proving last season was an outlier (flip a coin) - this could be a really, really bad team.

Especially if Housley doesn’t improve the PP (if preseason is any indication- and it’s usually NOT) and MacLean wrecks the PK (possible-he sucks-but not likely with the same personnel).
Bingo. I take preseason with a grain of salt, but you are right. You need good goal tending and special teams or you are going nowhere. We can forget about our PP until proven otherwise.

AZviaNJ

“Sure as shit want to F*** Coyote fans.”
Mar 31, 2011
AZ
Month-Points-Games
Oct -12-12
Nov-18-16
Dec-16-12
Jan- 11-13
Feb-18-14
Mar-17-13
Apr- 4-2

96 total points...….3rd in the Pacific behind Vegas and SJ.

Reactions: Ghostface Keller

MIGs Dog

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Jan 3, 2012
USA Today, THE premiere hockey publication in the U.S. makes its' prediction.

upload_2019-9-30_6-8-9.png

Lawson of Anarchy

I'm kind of embarrassed
Oct 9, 2016
London
93 points. We come out to a slow start, then we are on pace for 98 pt season, and then the bottom falls out in Feb. because of Coyote something (Kessel/OEL/Kuemps injury, lack of care, etc) and end struggling to make WC.

AZviaNJ

“Sure as shit want to F*** Coyote fans.”
Mar 31, 2011
AZ
You beat me to it :) Just wait until the Coyotes lose a game!

SniperHF

Rejecting Reports
Mar 9, 2007
Phoenix
Figure it's time for an update:

We had 36 total predictions. The highest was 101 and the lowest was 86. So nobody predicted we'd finish with fewer points than last season.

Crowd Sourced Coyotes Predicted Point Total: 93.83 (we'll call it 94)

Currently we are on pace for: 101.5 :eek:

MIGs Dog

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Jan 3, 2012
One point from the top of the Western conference doesn't seem real, but it's still only November.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad