Official Coyotes Point Total Prediction Thread!

SniperHF

Rejecting Reports
Mar 9, 2007
Phoenix
Last year this worked out pretty well, we collectively came within 1.5 points of predicting where the Coyotes finished!

So let's do it again.

Last year we moved up quite a bit with 86 points. This year I'm looking for a few more points, I'm not sure this year is the big leap yet. But I'm also looking to see the Coyotes finish with a positive goal differential for the first time since 2012 (yes it has been that long). It will still mostly be based on preventing goals, but with just enough offense injected I think we'll pull into the green.

But I also don't expect the West to be as much a trash heap which will hurt our chances.

I say: 93 points, 4th in the Pacific. Further back in the WC than you'd expect due to the Central.

What could change that? Overtime. And a lot of it. If the Coyotes can improve both 3 on 3 and in the shootout their defense should allow for a lot of close games which will give a lot of opportunities for OT points. Those loser points add up and could push the team into the WC with more points from OT in general. We've seen the Coyotes at times completely control overtimes and also be flabbergastingly incompetent at it. A team like Colorado last year gobbled up 14 loser points and landed a WC out of it. As lame as it is that's probably how the Coyotes make it if they do.

rt

The Kinder, Gentler Version
May 13, 2004
A Rockwellian Pleasantville
Kessel: 29g 38a 67p
Keller: 21g 38a 59p
Schmaltz: 16g 33a 49p
Stepan: 17g 31a 48p
Dvorak: 18g 25a 43p
Soderberg: 14g 25a 39p
Grabner: 23g 14a 37p
Hinostroza: 14g 23a 37p
Fischer: 15g 13a 28p
Garland: 18g 9a 27p
Richardson: 11g 14a 25p
Crouse: 10g 13a 23p

OEL: 17g 32a 49p
Goligoski: 7g 28a 35p
Chychrun: 8g 18a 26p
Oesterle: 6g 17a 23p
Demers: 5g 16a 21p
Hjarmalsson: 2g 15a 17p

GiveAFlyingPuck

Boring hockey aficionado
Sponsor
Jun 19, 2011
NW Valley of the Sun
88 points. I can see another horrible October that puts us right out of it.

@Anaheim - Gibson shuts us out - it's a possibility
Boston - good luck, haven't beat them since we played in Prague
Vegas - Not easy
@Colorado - They got better
@winnipeg - Have our number over he past 3 years
Nashville - Chance for a win here. If we've gone 0-5, less so.
Ottawa- Closest to a gimme
(east coast road trip, anything can happen)
@rangers
@Islanders
@New Jersey
@Buffalo
Montreal

I can see the team losing the "play better because other guys are injured" mentality and slide back into hoping someone else steps up. More like the last 10 games of last season.

I hope I'm so wrong.

Reactions: Matias Maccete

rt

The Kinder, Gentler Version
May 13, 2004
A Rockwellian Pleasantville
All I want is to finally win more games than we lose. If we get 42 wins I’m happy. So I’ll say I’m hoping for 42W 32L 8LP 92PTS

This makes us the best non-playoff team in the Western Conference for the 2nd year in a row.

Then we win the first overall pick in the lottery, and decide we are done waiting around, and call up Kyle Dubas who still doesn’t have a Cup and has no cap space at all to work with, and the two clubs pull of the most dramatic bombshell of a trade. Gary goes up to the podium to start the draft and ends up saying “We have a trade to announce! ...and it’s a big one... Arizona trades the first overall selection in this 2020 NHL Entry Draft to the Toronto Maple Leafs in exchange for Auston Matthews. Arizona’s first, number one overall to Toronto for Matthews. Toronto, you have the next selection!”

Dubas runs up to the podium, quickly picks Lafreniere and scrambles immediately back to the phone to resume contract talks with the agents for Morgan Rielly and Tyson Barrie.

Last edited:
Reactions: sundance74

Bonsai Tree

Turning a new leaf
Feb 2, 2014
Depending upon our goal tender health I think we can reach 96 points and make the playoffs, although it goes against my better nature to be optimistic!

YotesFan47

Jun 16, 2012
Phoenix, Arizona USA
This is tough because I think we will improve but so a lot of the west which could keep us about the same place we were last year. We would need to see an improvement out of Dvorak, Keller, Chychrun, and Crouse to get over that hump I think. Even with the inclusion of Kessel, I'm not sold that it's enough. Though maybe just having that extra player that teams need to keep in check opens up more opportunities for the other guys and we are able to generate more high quality chances. I'll go with 90 points which might be enough for a wildcard spot and is a slight improvement.

If we were able to move Stepan and Goligoski while also getting ourselves a true #1 center I would have a different opinion. It's going to be real tough to improve in the standings from last year even though we should be an improved roster.

90 points, 8th in WC. Final Answer.

awfulwaffle

Jun 20, 2011
Dallas, TX
Waffles has a 5 year plan.

upload_2019-9-26_10-46-15.png

Reactions: Neighborhood Coyote

awfulwaffle

Jun 20, 2011
Dallas, TX
All I want is to finally win more games than we lose. If we get 42 wins I’m happy. So I’ll say I’m hoping for 42W 32L 8LP 92PTS

This makes us the best non-playoff team in the Western Conference for the 2nd year in a row.

Then we win the first overall pick in the lottery, and decide we are done waiting around, and call up Kyle Dubas who still doesn’t have a Cup and has no cap space at all to work with, and the two clubs pull of the most dramatic bombshell of a trade. Gary goes up to the podium to start the draft and ends up saying “We have a trade to announce! ...and it’s a big one... Arizona trades the first overall selection in this 2020 NHL Entry Draft to the Toronto Maple Leafs in exchange for Auston Matthews. Arizona’s first, number one overall to Toronto for Matthews. Toronto, you have the next selection!”

Dubas runs up to the podium, quickly picks Lafreniere and scrambles immediately back to the phone to resume contract talks with the agents for Morgan Rielly and Tyson Barrie.

I like the idea of winning more than we lose. I would just like us to improve upon last year, and then next year do even better. And eventually, just be a regular in the playoff discussion year in and year out.

XX

Waiting for Ishbia
Dec 10, 2002
PHX
A healthy team probably gets carried to the promised land by Hayton and Kessel, despite the protests of the PP.

I'll settle for looking like a proper team for once the first half of this season. I am so tired of the 'don't trade me' dead cat bounce.

Dirty Old Man

So funny I forgot to laugh
Sponsor
Jan 29, 2008
Ostrich City
Kessel: 29g 38a 67p
Hjarmalsson: 2g 15a 17p

FWIW, that's 251 goals, up from 213. If the GA remains at 223 that puts our Diff in the top 10 at +28. (last year our diff of -10 was 18th best. only team in the top 16 last year that didn't make the playoffs was Montreal at 16th (+13), in favor of 17th place Dallas (+8)).

My own guess for this is 91 pts.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad

-->