Official Coyotes Point Total Prediction Thread!

YotesFan47

Jun 16, 2012
Phoenix, Arizona USA
CBJ at 90? Bet the under.
I found that odd too but their roster really isn't bad, no worse than our own in many ways. I think the departures make it look like they should be barren but they have a strong base still. Goaltending is a huge question mark however and likely decides their fate. In fact given what looks like great goaltending depth here, maybe there is a trade to be had. Raanta + ? for Jenner? I think 90 points could be reasonable.

rt

The Kinder, Gentler Version
May 13, 2004
A Rockwellian Pleasantville
FWIW, that's 251 goals, up from 213. If the GA remains at 223 that puts our Diff in the top 10 at +28. (last year our diff of -10 was 18th best. only team in the top 16 last year that didn't make the playoffs was Montreal at 16th (+13), in favor of 17th place Dallas (+8)).

My own guess for this is 91 pts.
I was giving everyone 82gp. That won’t happen.

Fyreman

Ret FD Batt Chief
Jul 19, 2013
Hard to predict in Western Conference. In 2015-16, Wild got in with 87pts. In 2017-18, Avalanche needed 95 to get in playoffs, so I'm predicting the 'Yotes will make it with 92pts to sneak in.

Plub

Part time Leaf fan
Jan 9, 2011
Arizona
I think we get 95 and just miss out on the playoffs. The announcers for the last EDM game were saying they can see us getting up to 100 this year, I hope they're right.

Name Nameless

Don't go more than 10 seconds back on challenges
Apr 12, 2017

This one looks good, as it gives the Yotes a playoff-spot. Until you realize they are just one the anti-Wild hype-train. I really think the Wild is so underrated. If they take more points, and then just here and there, you would have to improve the Yotes to avoid falling out.

I feel this season is immensely unpredictable for the Coyotes. This can be really good, or really bad. Stars are a bad team, and will be the one replaced by the Wild in the Central, I could live with this predictions apart from that.

But say 94 for the Yotes, then, so I have said something.

Matias Maccete

Chopping up defenses
Sep 21, 2014
90 points, just short of the playoffs. Keller bounces back offensively, Dvo and Chychrun take the next step, schmaltz remains crap in the defensive zone and doesn't pan out as a center. Phil is a motherf***ing thrill. Stepan is better than last year, so just a mild disappointment instead of a huge one. Goods sucks and gets replaced in the top 4, if not traded or scratched in favor of Capo.

Jakey53

Aug 27, 2011
We had 86 pts. last year with injuries, with many vets not showing up, some for part of the year, some for all of the year. This year we have Kessel who I think will have less of an impact as most think, but still is a very good player, our so called 1C rededicated himself. or so he says, and one of our top 4 D has found love for the game again, our franchise forward won't have another sophomore year. All things are coming up roses.:sarcasm:
I will say 96 pts. and we make the playoffs. There are no excuses for not making the playoffs this year, and if we don't, I put the blame on RT.

Jagged Ice

Sponsor
Jul 10, 2011
Central Phoenix
Until you realize they are just one the anti-Wild hype-train. I really think the Wild is so underrated.
Same shit different year regarding the Wild. Everybody has them missing the playoffs or last place in the division at the start of every season. (Yawn) They don't have a superstar. They never have. Marion Gaborik was the only player close to elite if you want to even call him that. The Wild are a good example of a team that displays very good defense and usually pretty solid goaltending along with two or three forward lines that compete hard. Mikko Koivu is smart and very hard to play against. They are often well coached and are starting this season healthy. I don't think they need a rebuild as everyone continues to suggest, especially with Krill Kaprizov in his last KHL contract year and Matt Boldy coming in next year. They'll be in the hunt for a wild card spot this year.
Again

Reactions: Name Nameless

Neighborhood Coyote

Sep 14, 2017
Same **** different year regarding the Wild. Everybody has them missing the playoffs or last place in the division at the start of every season. (Yawn) They don't have a superstar. They never have. Marion Gaborik was the only player close to elite if you want to even call him that. The Wild are a good example of a team that displays very good defense and usually pretty solid goaltending along with two or three forward lines that compete hard. Mikko Koivu is smart and very hard to play against. They are often well coached and are starting this season healthy. I don't think they need a rebuild as everyone continues to suggest, especially with Krill Kaprizov in his last KHL contract year and Matt Boldy coming in next year. They'll be in the hunt for a wild card spot this year.
Again

I think their problem is that they don't have any superstars.. per se... but they are paying 2 players matching superstar contracts, and will be for a long time. Parise and Suter are the reason, I think, that the Wild aren't going to be getting better. They may not get much worse but it's hard to improve the team with that much of the cap getting taken up by 2 players who you didn't even list in your evaluation of them when saying why they won't be bad. Plus, the injury problems for Parise really have hurt that team.

Reactions: Surfshop

Jagged Ice

Sponsor
Jul 10, 2011
Central Phoenix
. Parise and Suter are the reason, I think, that the Wild aren't going to be getting better. They may not get much worse but it's hard to improve the team with that much of the cap getting taken up by 2 players who you didn't even list in your evaluation of them when saying why they won't be bad.
No doubt. That was a huge gamble and their contracts remain at $7.5 for another six seasons. Ouch! That was a big gamble. Having said that, I don't think it's going to make them bad. At least Suter for now is close to earning his pay and Parise was their top scorer last season. What's bad is Victor Rask taking up $4 million for the next three seasons. He's completely useless and he cost them Nino Neidereitter. Paul Fenton lost his job over that one. Granlund for Fiala didn't help but apparently the locals have high hopes for Fiala so we shall see.

Last edited:
Reactions: Neighborhood Coyote

Neighborhood Coyote

Sep 14, 2017
No doubt. That was a huge gamble and their contracts remain at $7.5 for another six seasons. Ouch! That was a big gamble. Having said that, I don't think it's going to make them bad. At least Suter for now is close to earning his pay and Parise was their top scorer last season. What's bad is Victor Rask taking up $4 million for the next three seasons. He's completely useless and he cost them Nino Neidereitter.

Very true... never understood that trade. I should back off my superstar pay comment now that the cap has increased since then.

Reactions: Jagged Ice

zerekstar

Dec 5, 2010
Thunderbay, On (Kakabeka Falls)
91 points. We brought in some talent which is nice although I wished Phil was 5 years younger But we gave up a few players who gave the best effort. Granted we replaced them with guys who had more talent but I am concerned about what intensity level we will bring this year. We had way to many passengers last year and most of those guys are still here. If there is a new found drive from the team then we could do well but we have had so many years of no effort that it is hard to be to optimistic in that regard. I hope they surprise me.

Reactions: _Del_

SniperHF

Rejecting Reports
Mar 9, 2007
Phoenix
We had way to many passengers last year and most of those guys are still here

But fewer than in 17/18 IMO. That was the "WOW we gotta get JOSH ARCHIBALD in here to show these guys how to practice" team :laugh:. I think we've trended in the right direction on that score generally it's just as a question of if the new guys will be in that group or not. If they are it all blows up. Probably to the tune of worse than your prediction, because I think the existing young players are going to be looking toward Kessel and Soderberg for their cues more so than the current vets who they've already played with before.

XX

Waiting for Ishbia
Dec 10, 2002
PHX
Demers, Stepan, Goligoski are the only guys left to flush if they don't see the light. Schmaltz is trending that way.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad