Official Coyotes 2023-24 Season Discussion (Poll Included)

How many points will the Coyotes get this season???

• 100+

Votes: 1 2.0%
  • 90-99

Votes: 5 10.2%
  • 80-89

Votes: 35 71.4%
  • 70-79

Votes: 8 16.3%
  • Less than 70

Votes: 0 0.0%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

moosemeister

5,000 strong
Feb 15, 2010
Mesa, Arizona
Keller - Bjugstad - Schmaltz
Crouse - Cooley - Guenther
Maccelli - McBain - Doan
Kerfoot - Hayton - Kastelic

Moser - Durzi
Skjei - Kesselring
Valimaki - Soderstrom
Stanley (?)

Reactions: Grimes

Vinny Boombatz

formerly ctwin22
Mar 21, 2008
Chandler, AZ
Keller - Bjugstad - Schmaltz
Crouse - Cooley - Guenther
Maccelli - McBain - Doan
Kerfoot - Hayton - Kastelic

Moser - Durzi
Skjei - Kesselring
Valimaki - Soderstrom
Stanley (?)
That defense is still yikes...all you're doing is adding Skjei...that isn't enough.

We need to get Moser/Durzi off the 1st pairing, we need to keep Kesselring on the 3rd pair and Soderstrom isn't an NHLer (bust).

Need to remove all Dmen besides Moser/Durzi/Kesselring

Replace Valimaki/Brown/Dermott with Skjei/DeMelo combo to take top pairing and then grab a old but reliable Dman who'd like to play out his time w/an up & coming team.

Skjei/DeMelo
Moser/Durzi
? /Kesselring

Mangosteen

Ground hog day no more
Apr 9, 2018
Moser/Durzi are a strong 3/4 Dmen. The rest need to be upgraded. Kesselring is maybe a 7th Dman in the NHL.

moosemeister

5,000 strong
Feb 15, 2010
Mesa, Arizona
That defense is still yikes...all you're doing is adding Skjei...that isn't enough.

We need to get Moser/Durzi off the 1st pairing, we need to keep Kesselring on the 3rd pair and Soderstrom isn't an NHLer (bust).

Need to remove all Dmen besides Moser/Durzi/Kesselring

Replace Valimaki/Brown/Dermott with Skjei/DeMelo combo to take top pairing and then grab a old but reliable Dman who'd like to play out his time w/an up & coming team.

Skjei/DeMelo
Moser/Durzi
? /Kesselring
Wouldn’t Skjei be that old reliable Dman? Haha.

I’m talking 3 years, at one dollar less than Keller is making. That’ll likely be the last big contract he will get.

Valimaki for one more year is fine. He leaves next year and Simashev comes in for third pair.

We don’t know if Soderstrom is a bust or not. They either give him a very extended look or cut bait this summer. Really no other options.

I’d rather let him sink or swim regardless of outcome.

Kai Yo T

Nov 27, 2006
Scottsdale, AZ
We've got what? 10 second round picks and 7 third rounders over the next three drafts? Move half of those picks for all I care, just no first rounders. I think BA should start moving some picks for players worth signing for more than just one season.

Reactions: Grimes

rt

The Kinder, Gentler Version
May 13, 2004
A Rockwellian Pleasantville
We've got what? 10 second round picks and 7 third rounders over the next three drafts? Move half of those picks for all I care, just no first rounders. I think BA should start moving some picks for players worth signing for more than just one season.
Ferraro is the same age as Durzi and we were happy to move a 2nd for Durzi. Let’s grab Ferraro. Helps the PK and eats pucks for BL&D.

Then give Matt Roy an irresponsible amount of money and term to convince him to play at Mullett. And suddenly you’ve plugged some huge holes with some very solid pieces. Ingram and Vejmelka would faint from joy.

YotesFan47

Jun 16, 2012
Phoenix, Arizona USA
How do we feel about Carrier in the summer? I'd love if we added Cole and Carrier into our mix next year. I doubt Cole would do it, but Carrier I'd imagine would love more opportunity. He's a bit on the smaller side, but he plays a solid enough two way game to be a bottom 4 for us. And he's 26, so he's in the age range where he'll likely be in his peak for most of a short contract.

I have a weird voodoo theory that Cole's mere presence on a team makes their blue line way better. No idea if it could be backed by stats, just my gut.

Jakey53

Aug 27, 2011
Ferraro is the same age as Durzi and we were happy to move a 2nd for Durzi. Let’s grab Ferraro. Helps the PK and eats pucks for BL&D.

Then give Matt Roy an irresponsible amount of money and term to convince him to play at Mullett. And suddenly you’ve plugged some huge holes with some very solid pieces. Ingram and Vejmelka would faint from joy.
Why do you think Ferraro is even available, let alone for a second?

Jakey53

Aug 27, 2011
@rt is correct, Sharks should be selling and trying to stockpile as many picks as possible, no reason not to take advantage of that and nab Ferraro
Ferraro is still young and may fit their rebuild. I guess time will tell, but if he does come available it will take more than a 2nd. Ferraro is probably their best Dman, logs big minutes and is still young.

MIGs Dog

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Jan 3, 2012
Five Coyotes over 20 goals. Franchise record. Cooley might make it, and Guenther would if he played a full season. The future is bright.

Screenshot_20240406-051558.png

Howling Overseas

Dec 9, 2023
Five Coyotes over 20 goals. Franchise record. Cooley might make it, and Guenther would if he played a full season. The future is bright.
The list of teams with many 20-goal scorers is interesting.
The record is 11.
Aside for St. Luis in 2021-2022 with 9, the rest of the list goes quite further back.

Dallas currently has 7, with Jamie Benn a deflection away from making it 8.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad