Official Coyotes 2022-23 Season Discussion.

Status
Not open for further replies.

RemoAZ

Let it burn
Mar 30, 2010
Glendale, Arizona
I thought MacLean retired because of a heart condition? He might’ve been good if it wasn’t for a heart condition.
That is correct (article of the event at the bottom). But if not for that, I was one of those that was in the GIVE BRET A DAMN SHOT crowd. That was back my STH days when we were starving for some any offense out of Tippett. I was in the crown when he finally came up and got a shot. He went right to the net like his scouting report said and boom, arrrroooooo. He had back to back 100 point seasons in juniors including 61 goals in his final year. For a team that sucked and needed goal scoring in the worst way for like ever, I never understood why we didn't give this kid a long look. Here's that first goal:

And here's an article about what happened to him. Shame he lost his career but that cardiac arrest event only has a 5% chance of survival so he's lucky to be alive. He was still a coach somewhere last I saw.

BAdvocate

Mediocrity is the enemy of any Dynasty
Feb 27, 2003
youtu.be
I thought MacLean retired because of a heart condition? He might’ve been good if it wasn’t for a heart condition.
True. He just came to mind as someone who was often made excuses for as its not him, give him good icetime/linemates ....who hadn't earned either when up with the Coyotes.

Looks like his heart issues started in 2012..putting him around 24 years old. He had previously been waived/claimed by the Jets and then waived/claimed back by the Coyotes.

I like Carcone and one of my first thoughts when he was called up last season was he was going to be the next Garland....but he couldn't sustain his initial compete level....not sure if we'll see him back in a Coyotes jersey.

Art.Vandelay

@kash2112
Aug 2, 2005
Glendale, AZ
That is correct (article of the event at the bottom). But if not for that, I was one of those that was in the GIVE BRET A DAMN SHOT crowd. That was back my STH days when we were starving for some any offense out of Tippett. I was in the crown when he finally came up and got a shot. He went right to the net like his scouting report said and boom, arrrroooooo. He had back to back 100 point seasons in juniors including 61 goals in his final year. For a team that sucked and needed goal scoring in the worst way for like ever, I never understood why we didn't give this kid a long look. Here's that first goal:

And here's an article about what happened to him. Shame he lost his career but that cardiac arrest event only has a 5% chance of survival so he's lucky to be alive. He was still a coach somewhere last I saw.

I was a fan of MacLean. I was bummed he didn't get much of a shot and devastated with his medical ordeal.

Reactions: RemoAZ

Schemp

Nov 12, 2018
Forum 40
41 out of 50 current contracts
8 UFAs
10 RFAS
23 contracts ready for next season
...and GMBA sucks at contract negotiations!

YotesFan47

Jun 16, 2012
Phoenix, Arizona USA
A modest raise, I'm thinking around $1.5m to $2m for a few years. Maybe we do a $3m to UFA deal and sell him in the final year? I don't know how we plan to manage the budget next season, I imagine that will play a role.

Reactions: Vinny Boombatz

Canis Latrans

Jan 19, 2015
Australia
Coaching manifests in interesting ways:

Really like Tourigny. Without him, they likely could have sealed up dead-last the past 2 seasons. What he's done for the majority of the roster in terms of development more than makes up for it to me. That Armstrong was able to sign someone this good when he did is phenomenal. You look at the other teams floundering and if they could sign a proper coach, the team would turn around as they are underachieving mightily. Really pleased that we have that part locked up.

rt

The Kinder, Gentler Version
May 13, 2004
A Rockwellian Pleasantville
Really like Tourigny. Without him, they likely could have sealed up dead-last the past 2 seasons. What he's done for the majority of the roster in terms of development more than makes up for it to me. That Armstrong was able to sign someone this good when he did is phenomenal. You look at the other teams floundering and if they could sign a proper coach, the team would turn around as they are underachieving mightily. Really pleased that we have that part locked up.
It’s building good culture, helping development AND it’s another sign that management actually knows what they’re doing.

Reactions: Kaizen and Kai Yo T
Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad