Official Coyotes 2022-23 Season Discussion.

Status
Not open for further replies.

AZviaNJ

“Sure as shit want to F*** Coyote fans.”
Mar 31, 2011
AZ
May be a long year on the ice.....but the thought of these forward lines in 3 years helps:

Keller-Bedard/Fantilli-Guenther
Cooley-Geekie-Maccelli
Crouse-Hayton-Doan
Jenik-McBain-N Smith

Lutz/Fedotov/Matikka/McCartney/Farinacci/future picks/trades

Moved to Cooley to LW given the depth (what??) up the middle.

Reactions: Grimes

JasonDemersWasOkay

Nov 14, 2018
Hopefully we end up with two additional 23 1sts after Chychrun and Ghost go. Depending on where those land, building up the defense needs to be the focus. Soderstrom, Lamoureux and Duda being the top D-prospects isn't taking us anywhere

GhostofTommyBolin

Aug 18, 2016
Chandler, AZ
Just got this email from the Ice Den. $75 bleacher seats for the opener against the Jets, in case anyone is interested.

https://am.ticketmaster.com/coyotes/promotional-page?filterType=MjAx

iceden.JPG

CoSi

Nov 15, 2021
According to Phnx today, the opening night lineup should look something like this.
Moser seems to have impressed, some say he was the best D in camp.
KellerBoydSchmaltz
RitchieBjugstadMaccelli
CrouseHaytonFischer
O'BrienMcBainKassian
MoserStetcher
GostisbehereTimmins
ValimakiMayo

JasonDemersWasOkay

Nov 14, 2018
32 thoughts and PHNX agree that nothing will happen with Chychrun until he gets healthy and plays some games. Nothing is or has been close. There is also agreement that he and the team all just want this over and done. PHNX speculates that the relationship between him and the team is internally deteriorating as this drags.

All we can hope for is that he comes back and plays well. If he does we'll get a nice trade, if he pouts or just straight up underperforms, brace yourself for a huge disappointment.

Jamieh

Apr 25, 2012
32 thoughts and PHNX agree that nothing will happen with Chychrun until he gets healthy and plays some games. Nothing is or has been close. There is also agreement that he and the team all just want this over and done. PHNX speculates that the relationship between him and the team is internally deteriorating as this drags.

All we can hope for is that he comes back and plays well. If he does we'll get a nice trade, if he pouts or just straight up underperforms, brace yourself for a huge disappointment.
Just pull the pin on best offer. Accept that winning is getting a divorce for both parties.

GhostofTommyBolin

Aug 18, 2016
Chandler, AZ

Knew that was coming. No GM in their right mind would trade for him until they see him play, especially with the Coyotes expecting a high return.

Reactions: Kai Yo T

JasonDemersWasOkay

Nov 14, 2018
Just pull the pin on best offer. Accept that winning is getting a divorce for both parties.
Agreed. I've personally already closed the door on being happy with whatever return it is. I've accepted it won't be a blue chip prospect or a fully unprotected first. Even if he comes back and plays really well. I'll be happy just to never have to talk about this again.

The final result will be:
Top 5 or 10 protected 1st (2023)
Conditional 2nd (2024) - turns into 2024 1st under certain condition
A-level prospect
Cap dump

Jamieh

Apr 25, 2012
Who's the kid in this scenario? What about the pets...they always suffer too.
The kid is the players you are trying to develop and build into a future team. You want them to buy into you and your program, and you don't do it by letting them watch you hang a teammate out to dry while knowing you want rid of him and he wants to go. You do it quickly and quietly, showing the kids that you will do what is best for everyone in a bad situation.

Reactions: GhostofTommyBolin

Kai Yo T

Nov 27, 2006
Scottsdale, AZ
My parents were getting a divorce from the time I was 4 until they actually did when I was 19. I celebrated when they finally went through with it. I'd imagine the players want it over with too.

Reactions: GhostofTommyBolin

Schemp

Nov 12, 2018
Forum 40
I say we wait until the deadline to trade Chychrun ... in 2024
As far as I'm concerned, he screwed up when he didn't want to go to the Blue Jackets. We wouldn't have had to trade up yo get Geekie and kept those 3 picks. The draft outcome would have been different. The only way I would want him traded is if the Coyotes move away from the Bedard sweepstakes by winning. He signed the contract and now he has to man up and honor it!

Nowotny

Dec 29, 2021
East Valley,AZ
If BA can't get either of those I hope he chooses to let Chychrun rot and then hangs the corpse of Chych's career on a post in front of the player entrance. I may be somewhat bitter.
I agree.There is no reason for Coyotes to get a "package" of other teams 4th or 5th best prospects,under-performing former 1st rounders and salary dumps (like the deals Sens,Leafs and Kings fans are proposing).We already have enough young 3rd and 4th line players and 5th defensemen in the system

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad