Official Coyotes 2019-2020 Roster Discussion Thread #3

Status
Not open for further replies.

Jakey53

Aug 27, 2011
Its $5 million depending on when bonus is payable. Not you but people write like the new Owner won't give a poop about wring a few million cheque to a guy walking out the door. I have never met a rich guy who just throws their money away.
You are right. A 3 mill. signing bonus. Lot's of luck trading him before the signing bonus is paid.

Schemp

Nov 12, 2018
Forum 40
I wonder if the BJs would entertain the idea of trading Anderson for Fischer+? They did have trouble signing him last time, and he is getting close to UFA.

YotesFan47

Jun 16, 2012
Phoenix, Arizona USA
I wonder if the BJs would entertain the idea of trading Anderson for Fischer+? They did have trouble signing him last time, and he is getting close to UFA.
You have to start questioning if Anderson is worth nabbing. I know Fisher isn't a lot by any stretch but he seems to fit our locker room like a glove. I think many of us thought he would be more than he is but dude is still an NHL talent and will cost us next to nothing to retain.

XX

Waiting for Ishbia
Dec 10, 2002
PHX
Losers that must be addressed ASAP: Goligoski, Stepan, Kessel, OEL. Roughly in that order. Change my mind.

rt

The Kinder, Gentler Version
May 13, 2004
A Rockwellian Pleasantville
Losers that must be addressed ASAP: Goligoski, Stepan, Kessel, OEL. Roughly in that order. Change my mind.
I have to think Kessel is moveable. Is OEL? Could you get something for him? Goligoski maybe you could get a late pick? Maybe? Stepan has negative trade value. For sure.

Grimes

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Jan 5, 2012
Tippet's Doghouse
I have to think Kessel is moveable. Is OEL? Could you get something for him? Goligoski maybe you could get a late pick? Maybe? Stepan has negative trade value. For sure.

Look what Subban got. I think you could do a little better than that for OEL. Unless someone is enamored with what he was.

PainForShane

formerly surfshop
Dec 24, 2019

You know I'd include Keller and Schmaltz in here. Taking addressed to mean we 'need you to score more / generate more offense because you are crucial to the future of our team'

Last edited:

Jamieh

Apr 25, 2012
You know I'd to include Keller and Schmaltz in here. Taking addressed to mean we 'need you to score more / generate more offense because you are crucial to the future of our team'
No no those 2 are signed to great team friendly deals.

XX

Reactions: Surfshop

XX

Waiting for Ishbia
Dec 10, 2002
PHX
You know I'd include Keller and Schmaltz in here. Taking addressed to mean we 'need you to score more / generate more offense because you are crucial to the future of our team'

Keller and Schmaltz are young enough they can improve or return to form. They're also controlled assets. They're not really any different from any number of hot/cold guys other teams have. You just need to create an environment where they cannot slack off.

Reactions: Jakey53

PainForShane

formerly surfshop
Dec 24, 2019
Keller and Schmaltz are young enough they can improve or return to form. They're also controlled assets. They're not really any different from any number of hot/cold guys other teams have. You just need to create an environment where they cannot slack off.

Like you said, it still needs to be addressed ASAP or this season is down the tubes (and Taylor Hall with it). Creating an environment might (should!) help the other guys too

_Del_

Jul 4, 2003
They've been the same players their entire career. Exception is Keller's rookie year. He's on a two year vacation. He's on a "first-place team" that is "all-in". If that isn't enough to wake him up, what is exactly? Maybe a trade, but otherwise... Very comfortable playing out there outside the circles.
Schmaltz's game is the same as it was in Chicago. Inconsistent, soft, poor defensively, reluctant to shoot.

What form are they going to return to exactly? The five game spurts that neither has been able to sustain in their careers? They are soft complimentary wingers. And we built around them and pretended/hoped they were core players.

Reactions: Surfshop

rt

The Kinder, Gentler Version
May 13, 2004
A Rockwellian Pleasantville
Can anyone really picture OEL, Goligoski and Stepan as they veteran leadership core of a playoff contender? They’re passive, sleepy, wimps out there. Content to just lazily go through the motions and get it all over with already. Our leadership group is completely mailing it in.

Kessel has looked like he’s playing drunk all season. This is the worst performance he’s ever had as a hockey player at any level ever. Guy has been an elite superstar since he was 12. And now this. What the f***?

Keller and Schmaltz are delicate orchids. If the slightest environmental impurity is present, they shrivel and die.

Raanta is just broken.

Reactions: Neighborhood Coyote

Edenjung

Jun 7, 2018
Can we trade Rantaa and get Greiss in the Offseason.
Hill doesn't seem like a long term solution.

LosPollosHermanos

Jan 29, 2020
Phoenix, AZ
I’m not a fan of Keller’s game at all. Has not been the last 2 years. IMO, he needs to go. The things I would do to get Matthew Tkachuk on this team...

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad