Official Calgary Flames 2015 Draft Thread v.2: 15th overall

Status
Not open for further replies.

tfong

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Sep 29, 2008
www.instagram.com
I think Chabot is the offensive minded of the pair, slightly better offensive upside. Both him and Zboril are pretty mobile which is good.

Roy is almost a wildcard cause his defensive game I think isn't as polished, but he has much more offensive upside than either of them.

St Wardo

Registered Prophet
Oct 16, 2013
New Brunswick
Whats everyones take on Chabot vs Roy vs Zboril?

I went to quite a few Sea Dogs game this year, and personally my vote is Chabot. Very smooth skater, and calm under pressure. He impressed me the most. Though admittedly I only saw limited viewings of Zboril (injured much of the year) and Roy (was suspended when they visited Saint John).

Zboril was a monster during the playoffs this year, but during the regular season what I saw I wasn't impressed. He seemed to always let the other player win a puck race, choosing to either tie him up or even just let him go. He does have a big shot though.

AgeOfBennett

Dec 1, 2014
BC
I would take Roy. Amazing offensive ability. Elite skating . Could be a possible QB for us on the power play. Pretty good size and still room to fill his frame. I think Chabot and Zboril are a bit better than him defensively, but defense can always be taught, gifted offensively ability cannot. RHS too which we could really use more of in the system.

MonyontheMoney

Apr 5, 2015
From what I've seen, I would say Chabot is an elite skater and Roy is good... Could be completely off on that though

CraigsList

In Conroy We Trust
Apr 22, 2014
USA
Whats everyones take on Chabot vs Roy vs Zboril?

I think Chabot and Roy are a tier higher than Zboril. Chabot is more of a complete defenseman, but Roy is still a great 2-way defenseman with a lot more offensive upside. Bonus for the right handed shot too.

tmurfin

That’s the joke
May 8, 2010
I really like Chabot, honestly it's so hard to do research and watch young defenseman, definitely a lot hard to predict than forwards. Just trying to get into draft mode here :laugh:, took a break from hockey for a bit, playoffs drained me.

SaintMorose

Jul 21, 2009
Chabot has a Sanheim quality to him with his late rise to being a very interesting top-15 choice. I would really love to see us take a chance on him barring a couple guys that may fall.

McDavid, Eichel, Hanifin, Strome, Marner, Werenski, Rantanen, Provorov, Barzel, Mieir, Connor are definite names I take ahead of him as well as probably Zacha but after that it gets really close for the next 13-20

Last edited:

AgeOfBennett

Dec 1, 2014
BC
I know it's just one source but Werenski has fallen to 13th OA on draftsite.com is he just falling on that source or is he falling everywhere? Because I would take him over Roy or Chabot any day

CraigsList

In Conroy We Trust
Apr 22, 2014
USA
No doubt you go with Werenski over the other two. He's the third best defenseman in the draft behind Hanifin and Provorov.

Gritty

Nov 28, 2011
I know it's just one source but Werenski has fallen to 13th OA on draftsite.com is he just falling on that source or is he falling everywhere? Because I would take him over Roy or Chabot any day

Draftsite.com is one the worst NHL draft ranking sites out there... Just my opinion, of course.

Aug 21, 2014

On his Elite prospects page, he's ranked as high as 6th and as low as 11th.

Lunatik

Oct 12, 2012
draftsite.com isn't a rating site. it's a mock draft site, a site where anyone with an internet connection ad needs to waste some time can make a mock draft. Their "rankings" are based purely on these mock drafts.

Anglesmith

Setting up the play?
Sep 17, 2012
Victoria
draftsite.com isn't a rating site. it's a mock draft site, a site where anyone with an internet connection ad needs to waste some time can make a mock draft. Their "rankings" are based purely on these mock drafts.

Hey now, that system is how we elect our municipal, provincial and federal leaders!

AgeOfBennett

Dec 1, 2014
BC
Does anyone think Sprong is still an option for 15thOA? I mean the guy is pure skill, just crappy on defense. Apparently he had issues with the team or something. I don't know but if anyone can screw Sprongs head on straight, it would be Hartley. And defense can be taught. But with this guys skill he has a top 6 ceiling. Drafting him is definitely a risk

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

• Cádiz vs Mallorca
    Cádiz vs Mallorca
    Wagers: 3
    Staked: $340.00
    Event closes
    • Updated:
  • Bologna vs Udinese
    Bologna vs Udinese